Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @webangel

oh yeah i noticed that too some time ago and thought it was awesome that in kleshik when a shambler gets killed the screen will shake and you'll see dust flying around from the impact of the huge shambler hitting the floor

noticed it a few weeks ago when i was playing kleshik and wanted to mention it as an idea to add but i had totally forgotten about it

would be cool if we got this awesome effect when a shambler dies added to the smc too
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
      That's your problem right there... Maybe try something before you post walls of text about it What you quoted is just a changelog/ feature list.

Like Seven said all you need to do is to drop a single pk3 into id1\ folder. What do you want installer for ?

What the hell is not clear about this ?

Only advise for Seven I can have is to put SMC.pk3 and sample autoexec.cfg into main zip folder and all the more detailed readmes threw into a single folder, like:
      ZIP\
      ___ SMC.pk3
      ___ sample_autoexec.cfg
      ___ READMES\

Seven I have a good idea too! Make an advanced options menu that you can use in the engine of DP, Qrack or PQ to toggle each cvar!

Doom III graphics mod menu:

Darkplaces Menu:
      Originally posted by Magnus
      Apology accepted.

Comment

• Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• seven, i seem to have found a bug in the rogue smc

when having both 'invisibleweapons' and 'plasmagunanimation' set to 1 the plasmagun often seems to become completely invisible after having ring of invisibility wears off... itll only flash visible when firing but immediately becomes invisible again

i tried playing with combinations of both 'invisibleweapons' and 'plasmagunanimation'
          and it only seems to happen when setting both of these settings to 1
          when either of them is set to 0 it doesnt happen, both have to be set to 1 for it to happen

link to my save in case you cant reproduce it:
          s5.sav
          Attached Files
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello turtlevan,

I think when you look into the autoexec.cfg inside the V3.80.zip, all your questions will be answered... It is all there that you asked for !

==========

Hello webangel,

Is the invisible effect only in your MP1 ?
            It should be in all 3 packs.

Regarding shambler´s earthquake:
            We should not mix up kleshik with the "small mod compilation".
            They have different visions.
            But I will think about it.

==========

Hello Splitterface,

That is what happens when I try to save code lines...
            Now I did it correctly.

The bug is dead

DOWNLOAD link removed (V3.81 has been released)

Be careful when trying to kill bugs yourself !
            They might fight back

Have fun,
            Seven
            Last edited by Seven; 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM. Reason: DOWNLOAD link removed. ROGUE V3.81 is released

Comment

• thanx for the quick hotfix seven

Comment

• Hello,

The small plasma-gun bug makes it necessary to update the:
                ROGUE "small mod compilation" V3.80

Description of the bug in ROGUE V3.80:
                After loading a saved game, the plasma gun is invisible

I want to include 1 new features in this upcoming new relase.

To be sure that this new feature works without bugs I want to release this test version.
                The features are already final, but must be tested to be sure they are bug free.
                Then I will make the official V3.81 for Rogue with these new features/fixes:

1.) fixed plasma gun bug (after loading a saved game, the plasma gun is invisible)
                2.) statue monsters now have:
                - debris+dust instead of blood when shot
                - statue heads+gibs have a new "debris+dust" trail now
                - statue heads+gibs have a different gyro behaviour (they dont float in water !)
                - statue monsters have their own "new death animation cvar" now
                - "new death animation": "Ancient Ghost of the fallen" for statues uses debris/dust too
                - new kick sounds for statue heads+gibs (stones sound different than flesh)
                - statue corpses also use "debris+dust" instead of blood when shot.

DOWNLOAD link removed (V3.81 has been released)

Thank you for testing and giving feedback.

Kind regards,
                Seven

PS: Here is a clip about the new statue behaviours
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVozV53ESQ&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw&index=1&f eature=plcp]Quake-MP2-Statues-modification.avi - YouTube[/ame]
                Last edited by Seven; 04-16-2012, 01:08 PM. Reason: Donwload link removed. ROGUE V3.81 released

Comment

• just played with it a bit in r2m1 a few times, shooting the statues and normal knights and hellknights, and restarting the map a few times, and it seems to work perfectly as far as i could see

and i totally love the new effects for the statues, they're great
                  way more fitting for the statues to have dust and debris coming off them when shot.
                  and the gibs sinking is a nice touch too, wouldnt have thought of that myself but it makes perfect sense for them to immediately sink since they're stone blocks

the statues now remind me even more of the golems from heretic now they always use the "Ancient Ghost of the fallen" death effect
                  which is great cuz i love heretic. and i know you used the ghost model plus sounds from heretic which is awesome

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                    I can´t find a bug. And I love your new and improved Statues Effects.
                    Last edited by webangel; 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Thank you for your feedback.

I found one bug in the beta:
                        Ogre bosses also had the debris/dust effect of the statues.

It is all fixed now and a bug-free version ROGUE V3.81 has been released.
                        Updated link in 1st post.

Now all V3.8 versions should be bug-free.

Regards,
                        Seven
                        Last edited by Seven; 04-17-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Hello turtlevan,

Regarding your question from the help section: here

I made a "Special Edition" effectinfo.txt for you.

It is the V3.80 effectinfo with the explosion from Jorix for
                          - rockets
                          - grenades
                          All other things are identical to V3.80.

This is for those who missed the explosions from V3.61 (=Jorix) in V3.80.
                          The slowly vanishing smoke is back.

The visual is a bit different though due to the different particlefont.

Best wishes,
                          Seven
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Hey I figured it out. I just added everything that to the new effectsinfo and it worked. I now have all the cool new particle effects + jorix explosion smoke and the burn decals. I tried using your pak that contains various monster skins and the cvars set to 4 for variable skins (im guessing it's random) but it only spawns the same monster

(custom coop maps demo playback) I really like all the updated effectsinfo.txt particle effects. The scrags and knights look great.

Another thing i cannot get to work is the larger dual particle based/poly flame. Actually I cannot get anything other than the regular stupid little goofy quake 1 flame to work.

I fixed my sky/water issue. Turns out i had smc, dpwater and seanwater z87 pk3's all conflicting in my ID1, it made the water seem like a blood red up-side down sky.

The only drag about the custom coop maps is that they look like shit with RT dlits on (i guess because the gross overusage of light sources - and inkobu/romi addon dlits arent made for these maps). So i have to resort to turning rt world off. I make up for it by gross amount of lighting/shadow effects, so rt off ends up looking nicer, except the world textures arent lit constantly. Oh well.

I would really like to get fog & snow to work on these maps, so I'm still working on that bit. Ah yes, and wonderfully (sarcasm) ogg vorbis video caputure freezes on replay / playback at intervals of key-frames b-frame data. SO i can play 1.5 seconds back of my ogg vids before they freeze, then i can skip to another section of the video, and play back 1.5 secs again then freeze again.

600mb for a 21 second clip. Then ogg off, raw PCB avi capsule, i can get good playback, but one file was 25GB for 2.10 minutes of playback... hardly efficient
                            Originally posted by Magnus
                            Apology accepted.

Comment

• Hey Seven,
                              I just tried your effectinfo for 3.80 with the old Jorix explosions. My issue is I like the new explosion in 3.80 but miss the volume (amount) of white smoke from the explosions in the old Jorix version.

Here is what I'd like you to help me with:

Is there a way within effectinfo to ONLY increase the amount or volume of white smoke left after the explosion has occurred. Again, I DO NOT want to change the explosion effect from v3.80 only the amount of white smoke left after granade and rocket explosions.
                              If you could tell me which line within effectinfo does this and what value I need I'd change it for my personal liking.

Regards

Jeff

Comment

• Can You even call this Small Mod Compilation anymore?

This is like Mega Quake Master Edition or something, at this point. This isn't even Quake 1 anymore. Actually, I officially dub this:

Quake Seven

I don't have powers to be officially dubbing things, but if I did, that's what I'd do

Michael
                                Last edited by MadGypsy; 04-17-2012, 11:13 PM.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X