No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have recently checked out all the changes that were made to the SMC after a break of a few months and could hardly believe my eyes. The particle effects you have added, especially for the powerups like the Quad Damage, are simply unbelievable! I don't like everything (mainly the armor effect), but you can turn off anything you don't want in effectinfo.txt.

You should really consider a rename of this to UMC (Ultimate Mod Compilation) or something to reflect the actual magnitude of the project!
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• I was a lucky guy.

Jakub made many amazing particle effects and I was more than happy that he was offering to release them together with the "small mod compilation".

In my opinion he is one of the persons with the highest talent in making these.
      Yes, the Quad is one of the master pieces.
      I never want to take it in-game, because it means that the effect will vanish

We really have very talented persons here in this forum.
      And thank god, they all love Quake.
      Only with the help of many people together, it is possible to create something big.

Thank you all.
      Seven

Comment

• Bug in Hipnotic 3.8:
        Gold keycard inherits properties from effect gold_key , not effect gold_key_card as it should-
        not present in id1, have not had time to check rogue.
        M
        There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

• Hello xolve,

I am surprised that you did not tell me to "Go and kill myself".
          (like you did with OoPpEe and others).

Please do not write about things you do not understand.
          You should concentrate on your "Epsilon" project.
          If you do not like the "small mod compilation", please don’t use it.

Forums like these will never forget things that happened.
          Simply asking an Admin to delete a thread will not change this.

Thank you for your understanding.
          Seven

Comment

• You should really consider a rename of this to UMC (Ultimate Mod Compilation) or something to reflect the actual magnitude of the project!
            I said the same thing.

Originally posted by me
            Can You even call this Small Mod Compilation anymore?

This is like Mega Quake Master Edition or something
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• hello.
              how to divide this great mod on components?
              p.s.: i'm noob in programming ))

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello xolve,

I am surprised that you did not tell me to "Go and kill myself".
                (like you did with OoPpEe and others).

Please do not write about things you do not understand.
                You should concentrate on your "Epsilon" project.
                If you do not like the "small mod compilation", please don’t use it.

Forums like these will never forget things that happened.
                Simply asking an Admin to delete a thread will not change this.

Thank you for your understanding.
                Seven
                Dear Seven,
                everybody else seems to have gotten over their own behaviours around that time, except for you.
                I have no problem with the SMC, that is why I was pointing out a bug. Instead of trolling your own thread, perhaps you can concentrate on making it better.
                Cheers,
                Matt
                There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

• LOOL xolve,

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
                  But before you ask an admin to close this thread too, I will shut up.

=======

Hello soosel,

I remember the wise words of MH, which he used once while talking about map formats:
                  It is like a cake, which you try to put back into its incrediences.
                  This somehow fits also to a "progs.dat".
                  Everything is baked (compiled) into a progs.dat, that you use for playing.
                  Therefore I put the "incredients" of the progs.dat into the "small mod compilation" as well.
                  It is the source code (source files).
                  Please find it inside the pack.
                  You can do or pick out whatever you like.
                  That was my intention.

Have fun,
                  Seven

Comment

• erm, seven....

sorry to bother you again, but i found another bug in the smc.
                    i was just playing quake to record a vid to show to be able to show some friends how awesome quake in darkplaces with smc and all hi-res content i have is, and halfway through the level i suddenly encountered a really weird bug

while i was playing i suddenly got a huge semi-transparent grenade-launcher which kept firing constantly in my view.
                    and as i moved and rotated my cam the gl i saw moved around, but it didnt go away. and i didnt have the gl equipped, although i did pick up the ring earlier.

luckily i was just recording video anyway with fraps, so i immediately can include a vid for you which shows the bug

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q448eR4tEg]quake darkplaces smc invisibility bug - YouTube[/ame]

it sadly ruined the vid i was making though, lols
                    ive never seen this bug before in all the times i was playing quake using the smc, this is the first time i ever got this weird bug

btw sorry for the darkness of the clip, forgot to brighten my quake a bit before recording. but it should still be obvious what the bug is if you look at the vid
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello splitterface,

LOL, that is a funny vid.
                      Dark as hell, but the grenade launcher can be seen on the right side.

There is a joke, that just jumped into my mind:
                      "A man goes to the doctor and says: My right cheek hurts every morning, when I drink my cup of coffee.
                      The doctor examins him and said: Well, you should take the spoon out of your cup before you drink your coffee. It sticks into your cheek."

Well, not a big help for your issue. I know.
                      But seeing you play this mod for so long and never encountered it before...
                      What should I do against it ?
                      If you cannot reproduce it, there is no chance in finding the reason.
                      So, if you can, try to reproduce it. And we will then see where it comes from.
                      I never encountered this either.
                      But my playing time is so short, that I do not count.
                      I only start Quake seldom LOL.

Good luck,
                      Seven

Comment

• ok ill try and see if i can reproduce the bug, and see if i can find what causes it.

i assume that the code for the semi-transparent hud weapons when invisibility is active have to do with it that has been added in the last update

ill try playing around with quake a bit and see if i can get it to happen again, and if i can ill see if i can find out what to do to reproduce the bug

EDIT: i just tried playing around in quake a bit right away and i seem to be unable to reproduce the bug, tried all kinda stuff but i cant seem to get the same thing happening again. ill let you know if it does ever happen again
                        Last edited by talisa; 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Dear all,

I played some "Legend of Grimrock" recently and I am blown away from this game...
                          Inspired by the Legend of Grimrock death animations, I wanted to implement them into Quake as well.

Here are the death animations of Legend of Grimrock:
                          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-GjV1gKxY&feature=plcp]Legend of Grimrock death animation - YouTube[/ame]

The death animation also remembers me of the Blade-Trinity movie (vampire death animation):
                          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DgS5LpPft8&feature=plcp]Blade Trinity death animation.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Here you see my progress in adding the Grimrock death animations into Quake:
                          (colors look gay in the youtube clip)
                          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYbcUReFaE&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake_with_Legend_of_Grimrock_death_animations_bet a.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the DOWNLOAD, if you want to test it yourself.
                          Please read the included readme.txt

Have fun,
                          Seven

Comment

• Here is my first stab at adding smoke to the new effect Seven has created. I'm not sure what to do to make it better. Give me your thoughts guys. Is there a way to implement something for the zombie as well? He has to be gibbed all of the time but wouldn't it be cool to see smoke an some kind of effect? I also thought it might be cool to see some kind of burnt debris ala the Blade video after the body dissolves. Not sure of the impact that would have on fps though.

edit:
                            I think the smoke needs to be more spread out as in the Grimrock video. My smoke is a little too concentrated in one spot. Seven I'm not sure how to do this. Now if we can get debris like Blade then this is absolutely rockin!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by gdiddy62; 05-08-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Sorry for double post but I've noticed something minor that caught my eye as I was looking at my smoke. The particles you created Seven seem to all come from one origin point and then spread tightly, as does my smoke. The ones in the Grimrock video you posted seem to have no central origin point and spread out further? At least to my eyes. What do you think and is this possible to remedy in effectinfo?

Comment

• Hello Jeff,

First of all Thank you for your interest and will to work on this little experiment.
                                I looked at your additional smoke effect and ant to give you some tips/help.

Your smoke is very very strong, dark, has a huge quantity and a long lifetime.
                                Also the placement (as you already said) is not ideal.

I tried to do what you asked for (unfortunately only had short time).
                                Please find download below with some smoke modifications.

If you want to leave the center of origin to spawn an effect, the param "originoffset" is your best friend.
                                As you know, you can call multiple effect blocks with the same name at once.
                                So you can use these in your 4 new blocks as a fist trial:
                                originoffset 0 12 0
                                originoffset 0 -12 0
                                originoffset 12 0 0
                                originoffset -12 0 0
                                This will make the effect spawn in 4 positions around the origin.
                                Adjust each z-value to move it up or down.

Next is to reduce the quantity.
                                Then reduce the max/min alpha values to make it more transparent.
                                Now raise the alpha reduction to make its lifetime shorter (vanish quicker).
                                Then use a greater value for originjitter.
                                This makes it look lke it is spawning over an area instead on a single point.
                                You could also use a smaller particle size to make it less "overwhelming".
                                In the end, lower the gravity.

Find these tings already done in the attachment.
                                I still think less smoke should be used in this effect, but it is of course a personal liking.

Regarding zombie debris:
                                This should be done via models, rather than via particle effects.
                                The models themselve could have this glimmering look (like the Blade youtube clip).
                                This must be done via a qc-modification.
                                Just like the debris, that spawns when you shoot the exploding boxes in the SMC.
                                But of course dont use that high velocity.
                                Use almost zero velocity to get that visual.
                                The models itself should match to what you intend to do.

Thank you again for your interest.
                                Seven
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X