No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is a very early release of the new deathds for the zombies, Please, fix the code and effectinfo, Soon i will release the code, and ent. file to "burning zombies" when they walk inside lightbeams... FIX THE CODE, to test this, just kill some zombies
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• SaaaWeeeeeT......
      Thank You.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

• I can't get it to download it keeps saying "preparing download"!

Comment

• mmm, worjs for me!! just click in the "preparing download" button!

syluxman2803

Comment

• I have been and it won't work for me. WTF?

Had to use Chrome to download, IE wouldn't budge??

All I can say is WOW! Nice implementation nahuel! It is really cool to see them darken as they fall. Is there a way to make them glow with fire brifly before they darken? This is an effect I'd like on all of the monsters personally
            Last edited by gdiddy62; 05-10-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Giddy how close did the zombie get to the light before ignition?
              Would you please post a shot of it?
              Last edited by bluntz; 05-10-2012, 10:49 PM.
              WARNING
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• I hate to say it but there was never a better time for me to be unemployed
                I just cant put the game away,its like 1996 all over again,.now back to find a zombie near a window. There is no shortage of them in the graveyards though.
                WARNING
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• Hello Seven, long time no see.

Sorry for being awfully late to the party but I've been busy lately.
                  See my signature and avatar and you may know what I've been busy with

Anyway, I cant really say that I like you Grimmrock death animations. They remind me too much of Doom 3's death animations. I want my kills to stay put, so I can admire my trophies you know But they're optional so I can't really complain can I..
                  Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Please excuse the use of an older version of quake, I tend to experiment with new stuff this way initially. If you note in my pic the initial burn is just dark particles. What I'm asking is if there is a way to make them glow like embers a bit longer before they fade to black and then fade away. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this effect he's crreated! What I found when I looked at his materials is that there is a model with the "glow" I'm referring to, I'd like to experiment with the effectinfo to see if that would accomplish what I'm talking about, but I'm not sure how nahuel has set this effect up.
                    God, I LOVE this stuff!

Thanks all who contributed to this great combo!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by gdiddy62; 05-11-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Hello! Oh, mediafire is very buggy, it saids "0 downloads" for my addon
                      2-gdiddy62 and bluntz, currently this is a very early release, i am using very ugly texturing (not normal mapping, no glossing and very LQ quality), i am not a graphic artist. I am looking for someone that take the zombie texture and modified it to get something like a "skeletal" and burned aspect. I am pretty sure that you can write a better "effect.info", i do not know many about this values, and my hardware is not the best to test this effects!.
                      3- Seven, in this code i am spawning some new entities to get the effects and control the fade-alpha of the zombie. I am not using your metod (1frame = 0.9 alpha, 2frame = 0.8 alpha etc...) this metod is great to spawn new entities (with effects), The idea is to get little fires around the zombie. Obviously i am just using 2 little fires you can add new little fires if you want!!!! the fade alpha is very nice with this metod, and you can control values for the zombie from another entitie! PLEASE! FIX THE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I love the exploding zombies, this effect will be better in demons i think!

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                        When you walk passed one of the many face insets on the wall I would have a nice growl and a blast of steam issue from it. The disturbing result would put you on edge for the entire level,never letting you relax.
                        Hello bluntz,

The "other" thread (TUT thread), is dealing with map specific "happenings".
                        Your idea is of course nice, but we need to put triggers into the map (this has nothing to do with QC) in front of each skull insets on walls. The trigger triggers the growl and breath-smoke effect.
                        QC part is easy, but how to add trigger areas into a map via .ent file only ?

Please do the following:
                        - Start your start.bsp map.
                        - Then open console and type:
                        r_showbboxes 1

Now you see the trigger areas.
                        Walk around the map and watch all triggers.
                        Each trigger has another origin, size, name and function.
                        I have no idea how to add these trigger areas and their properties via .ent file only into a map. I do not want to use any map-editing software.
                        Once we solved this, the rest is fairly easy (qc sided).

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                        Seven,
                        I see that you have added cvars to change how long gibs remain.This is interesting.
                        Can I set it them up to forever?
                        Hi bluntz,

I put much effort in describing each cvar inside the "autoexec.cfg" itself and inside the main readme.txt. Please read my comment behind this cvar you mentioned:
                        gibsduration 10 [10]
                        And you will find the description:
                        "0"= gibs stay forever

Would they continue to pile up to the ceiling if the horde never stopped coming ?
                        No, they will overlap.
                        If you choose "kickgibs" "0" you can walk right through them. Or you can kick them.

Can you make the spawn random and eternal
                        I do not understand this sentence (you know my english...).
                        What shall spawn random and eternal ?
                        You mean enemies ?
                        If yes, the answer is yes too.
                        You can add a time loop that spawns the enemy again and again. I think I have seen mods that already do this if I am not mistaken.
                        But this is something far outside of the small mod compilation as it changes gameplay a little bit

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
                        Anyway, I cant really say that I like you Grimmrock death animations. They remind me too much of Doom 3's death animations. I want my kills to stay put, so I can admire my trophies you know But they're optional so I can't really complain can I..
                        Hello Ghostbreed,

Good to see you back.
                        This is only an idea I had while playing "Legend of Grimrock".
                        I never really thought to implement this into the small mod compilation.
                        I just did not want to open a new thread for this crazy idea, so I used this one.
                        Yes, you could simply add one more cvar value for the monsters death animations with the "Grimrock"-look.

But at the moment, this is just an idea that we have and develop.
                        Now that we even have Nahuel in the boat, this will surely develop very nicely.
                        It is just for fun. Everything we do is for fun, isnt it

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                        Hello! Oh, mediafire is very buggy, it saids "0 downloads" for my addon
                        PLEASE! FIX THE CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Hello Nahuel,

I tried to download your file, but could not...
                        Mediafire does not want to give it to me.... it says something about "problems"

I can only see the screenshot from bluntz and Jeff, so I cannot say much.
                        Nor can I look into your code...

I will try again in some hours (maybe I will be able to download it then).
                        Maybe someone who already has it can reupload it somewhere else ?

Best wishes,
                        Seven

Comment

• Hello seven here you can download from gamefront!

syluxman2803

Comment

• It looks like several other people are working on the same effect accross many games.

WARNING
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Hello soosel,

I remember the wise words of MH, which he used once while talking about map formats:

This somehow fits also to a "progs.dat".
                              Everything is baked (compiled) into a progs.dat, that you use for playing.
                              Therefore I put the "incredients" of the progs.dat into the "small mod compilation" as well.
                              It is the source code (source files).
                              Please find it inside the pack.
                              You can do or pick out whatever you like.
                              That was my intention.

Have fun,
                              Seven
                              oh. I can nothing to do. I do not know as it to do. I cry. ))
                              I would like here it:

- 3 flame types: polygon, improved dpmod?s sprite, particle flames.
                              - NailGun?s + SuperNailGun?s nail position correction
                              - Nails stick in Walls
                              - gibbable corpses
                              - Crucified zombies are now shootable/killable
                              - added axe sound when player hits a monster (2 sound sets to choose from)
                              - added particle muzzleflashes for both shotguns and nailguns (Selectable via cvar)
                              - Added Gyro physics (fully adjustable via cvars)
                              - New Water splashes (for weapon projectiles)
                              - corrected zombie flesh-projectile spawning position for 2nd attack animation.
                              - zombie + ogre enhanced aiming
                              - Health of gibbable corpses is now adjustable (Gyro related)
                              - Added cvar to enable/disable monsters/corpses/gibs interaction with lava + slime (particle effects and skin changes). Optionally monsters can take damage from lava/slime as well.
                              - weapon recoil feature (pushes the player slightly backwards when shooting)
                              - Added a cvar to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors when they are shot.
                              - weapon muzzleflash for Grunt monster. Adjustable via cvar for different models.
                              - possibility to use Gyro on backpacks (so you can shoot them around and they can float in water)
                              - possibility to disable the spinning of backpacks
                              - Added possibility to see view-weapons with less opaqueness during invisibility time
                              - possibility to choose if corpses can only be gibbed with explosive weapons or not.
                              - possibility to have a powerup countdown counter on screen
                              - possibility to choose between several weapon autoswitch behaviours
                              - Added a different Gyro force value for shotgun and supershotgun (makes it easier to adjust).

<----

Comment

• Hi soosel,
                                everything you want to do is adjustable via the autoexec.cfg file.
                                Please open it with your.txt Editor.
                                Into this file you will find the explanations...

Originally posted by soosel View Post
                                oh. I can nothing to do. I do not know as it to do. I cry. ))
                                I would like here it:

- 3 flame types: polygon, improved dpmod?s sprite, particle flames.
                                - NailGun?s + SuperNailGun?s nail position correction
                                - Nails stick in Walls
                                - gibbable corpses
                                - Crucified zombies are now shootable/killable
                                - added axe sound when player hits a monster (2 sound sets to choose from)
                                - added particle muzzleflashes for both shotguns and nailguns (Selectable via cvar)
                                - Added Gyro physics (fully adjustable via cvars)
                                - New Water splashes (for weapon projectiles)
                                - corrected zombie flesh-projectile spawning position for 2nd attack animation.
                                - zombie + ogre enhanced aiming
                                - Health of gibbable corpses is now adjustable (Gyro related)
                                - Added cvar to enable/disable monsters/corpses/gibs interaction with lava + slime (particle effects and skin changes). Optionally monsters can take damage from lava/slime as well.
                                - weapon recoil feature (pushes the player slightly backwards when shooting)
                                - Added a cvar to disable the *bleeding* of shootable buttons and secret walls/doors when they are shot.
                                - weapon muzzleflash for Grunt monster. Adjustable via cvar for different models.
                                - possibility to use Gyro on backpacks (so you can shoot them around and they can float in water)
                                - possibility to disable the spinning of backpacks
                                - Added possibility to see view-weapons with less opaqueness during invisibility time
                                - possibility to choose if corpses can only be gibbed with explosive weapons or not.
                                - possibility to have a powerup countdown counter on screen
                                - possibility to choose between several weapon autoswitch behaviours
                                - Added a different Gyro force value for shotgun and supershotgun (makes it easier to adjust).

<----

@Seven:
                                The new death effect should be a standard. It is looking real great

@Nahuel:
                                Wow!
                                Your Modification looks awesome!!
                                Last edited by webangel; 05-12-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X