Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    Hello seven here you can download from gamefront!
    THANK YOU !! gamefront works.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
    If you note in my pic the initial burn is just dark particles. What I'm asking is if there is a way to make them glow like embers a bit longer before they fade to black and then fade away. What I found when I looked at his materials is that there is a model with the "glow" I'm referring to, I'd like to experiment with the effectinfo to see if that would accomplish what I'm talking about, but I'm not sure how nahuel has set this effect up.

God, I LOVE this stuff!
    I LOVE this stuff, too
    Especially when Nahuel adds something amazing ontop the "Grimrock"-effect !

I tried to do the things you asked for and added some of my own ideas:

1.) splitted the code/effect into 2 sections:
    1st section spawns reddish particles with short lifetime
    You can now add anything you like to 1st section ontop if you like.
    2nd section spawns darker particles with long lifetime
    2.) Nahuels glow texture will now be used for the 1st stage already.
    3.) Transformation of skin0 to next skin is faster
    4.) deleted the fall sound
    5.) It seems that bburnb() has a "if" call which will never passed , so burn() has no impact. But that is no problem.
    6.) Changed the "ember" effect to cover the complete zombie body now (which looks closer to the movie special effect)

DOWNLOAD

Thank you Nahuel again for this zombie addon.
    I knew, that the Blade Trinity clip will inspire people

Originally posted by soosel View Post
    oh. I can nothing to do. I do not know as it to do. I cry. ))
    I would like here it:
    Hello soosel,

Nobody needs to cry here.
    All you asked for is already available.
    Simply disable the features you do not like inside of your autoexec.cfg.
    Then you will get exactly what you are asking for.
    Please read the main readme.txt. It is explained in detail there.
    (Uups, webangel answered already)

Thank you bluntz for these 2 clips.

Good night,
    Seven

Comment

• I thought It was Rise of the lycans where they execute sonja,that had the effect.
      I gotta check out that blade movie,whichever one it was ,the vamp was burned to ash left whole then the wind blows it away as it crumbles to the ground..
      Found the blade one though it is really kool this aint it either.this blade one is better,
      If you can pull that one off, Skyrim can eat your shorts!
      Last edited by bluntz; 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM.
      WARNING
      May be too intense for some viewers.
      Stress Relief Device
      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
      ---------------------------
      .--------------------------

Comment

• @ Seven
        I just got back from a weekend of Dance competition for my daughter and needed a dose of testosterone and you provided it! This rocks!
        THANK YOU SEVEN & NAHUEL!

Comment

• Seven and nahuel,
          Can you guys please do this for all monsters at some point and put out the code so I can compile for SMC 3.8. I'd like all of this together and if possible adjustable via cvar. I know I'm asking a lot, but this is a neat effect!

Regards

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
            Seven and nahuel,
            Can you guys please do this for all monsters at some point and put out the code so I can compile for SMC 3.8. I'd like all of this together and if possible adjustable via cvar. I know I'm asking a lot, but this is a neat effect!

Regards

Jeff
            it´s very easy you just need to fix the "self.burnz_origin" in each die frame in each monster. Also you need add the crrent textures (you know, like the zombie )

here
            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• @nahuel
              First, I guess I was oblivious that the cleanqc folder contained the burn code..sorry..my bad.
              Second, I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice to know what you mean by fix the "self-burnz_origin" as I do not know what a die-frame is. I'm sorry, I thought you created the burn textures that are being used for the zombie.
              Thanks for responding and I hope you will forgive my being a novice at this yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                @nahuel
                First, I guess I was oblivious that the cleanqc folder contained the burn code..sorry..my bad.
                Second, I'm afraid I'm still too much of a novice to know what you mean by fix the "self-burnz_origin" as I do not know what a die-frame is. I'm sorry, I thought you created the burn textures that are being used for the zombie.
                Thanks for responding and I hope you will forgive my being a novice at this yet.
                First, sorry for my horrible english.
                in each fram for deaths animations the origin of the "flames" is different. I add a new value called "burnz_origin" to get a realistic center of origin of this entity. see the example in the zombie.
                void() zombie_dieburn2 =[ $paine2, zombie_dieburn3 ] {ai_pain(;

self.burnz_origin = 11;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn3 =[ $paine3, zombie_dieburn4 ] {ai_pain(5);self.burnz_origin = 6;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn4 =[ $paine4, zombie_dieburn5 ] {ai_pain(3);self.burnz_origin = 3;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn5 =[ $paine5, zombie_dieburn6 ] {ai_pain(1);self.burnz_origin = 0;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn6 =[ $paine6, zombie_dieburn7 ] {ai_pain(2);self.burnz_origin = -2;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn7 =[ $paine7, zombie_dieburn8 ] {ai_pain(1);self.burnz_origin = -4;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn8 =[ $paine8, zombie_dieburn9 ] {ai_pain(1);self.burnz_origin = -6;
                };
                void() zombie_dieburn9 =[ $paine9, zombie_dieburn10 ] {self.burnz_origin = -8;
                };

But Do not worry about this, maybe Seven or another member can fix the code

the burned zombie textures was created for me , but i am not an expert for this. I am pretty sure, other members can make the textures if want

syluxman2803

Comment

• nahuel,
                  Thanks for your patience and please do not apologize for your english! You can speak it and understand it well enough which I can't do with your language or Seven's so I need to apologize
                  The code you provided helps me in understanding a little more, but yes, Seven or someone else with more knowledge will have to help I'm sure.
                  Thanks for your work on this!

Regards

Jeff

Comment

• @Seven
                    Can you please help me. I can't get nahuel's tri_zom qc file to compile with your SMC 3.8 qc files. It says there are errors on line 404?
                    Can you please assist.
                    @All
                    Can someone please help with making this effect a reality for all of the monsters. I'll gladly do a lot of work but will need guidance and tutorial unfortunately.

sorry double-post
                    Last edited by gdiddy62; 05-15-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• i had some random request for a feature...

just a bit ago i was playing hexen2 again, and i came at the first bridge with the water below it with the squid in it, and i was just looking at the water from above, and i remembered i always thought that the water wavey effect in hexen 2 looked so much better then it does in quake. especially when you are underwater. in hexen2 you'll get a wavey effect all over the screen which looks great, while in quake you only get some slight horizontal stretching, which imo looks totally lame compared to hexen2 underwater effect
                      QUAKE
                      HEXEN2

and i remembered also that hexen2 was build on the quake engine...
                      so my question was... would it be possible to implent a hexen2-like underwater effect in quake, since hexen2 was build on the quake engine. and if possible, would this be possible through qc, or would it require csqc?

cuz it would be great to have that same wavey underwater effect that hexen2 has added into quake, cuz it looks so much better, and the underwater effect we have now in quake actually looks pretty lame.

id also have a simple idea how this could be done, if the normal effect couldnt be changed. wouldnt it be possible that at the moment you are underwater that a huge flat plane will be added over your view which has that same effect on it like pretty water has, and the plane will have no texture on it and only the distortion effects? wouldnt that be a way how this could be achieved?
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I like the idea splitterface. I'm gonna have to re-install Hexen 2 now just to see what it looks like as I can't remember.

Comment

• here, i made a quick vid of hexen2 which shows of the water surface and underwater view distortion effects
                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA_wn0CJeBg[/ame]
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• To get a very exact time with this maybe you need some CSQC work, ssqc is very slow :/

syluxman2803

Comment

• or some GLSL post procees effect!

syluxman2803

Comment

• yeah, i already expected that...
                                it would be totally awesome though if a hexen2-like underwater view distortion effect could be added to quake too

Comment

Working...
                                X