Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by metalseed View Post
    Playing DoE today and on e1m5 (I think) I ran into some enforcers that were showing as little rainbow colored diamonds. What might I be missing?
    Please look into your console. If there is a missing model in R1M5 it should be logged here

@Seven
    Wow - page 100!!

Comment

• Thanks webangel! It said 2.
      Enforcer1.mdl and H_mega1.mdl

Comment

• hmm thats strange... you're using the setup i shared with you right?
        cuz im 100% sure that my setup is working.

did you change anything to the autoexec.cfg or such metalseed?

cuz in the setup i shared with you it doesnt use those models at all, cuz theres only 2skins for enforcer included and they're both for the same hi-poly model which is called enforcer.mdl and not enforcer1.mdl
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• btw just last night i had some ideas for things id love to see in the smc...

first a thing thats always kinda bothered me since we could gib corpses
          i love to be able to gib corpses with rockets, but only with the shambler it feels so lame that this huge massive creature that just shrugs of rockets can suddenly be gibbed with a single rocket once he's dead
          can it perhaps be changed so that shambler corpses cannot be gibbed at all? it feels kinda lame that when he's alive he just shrugs of rockets, but once he's dead the corpse can be gibbed with just a single rocket

next... another thing which i always thought was kinda weird
          players can telefrag monsters, monsters can telefrag monsters, players can telefrag players. cool i love that.
          but when a monster teleports to the position of a player the monsters get gibbed instead of the player? thats really weird not? cuz the rules are 'if something gets teleported to a position where something else is already, the object that is taking up the space that the other item tries teleporting to will be destroyed cuz of the sudden takeup of space'
          so.. could it be changed so that if a monster tries teleporting to a player position that the player gets telefragged by the monster instead, like it should be?

and last... i had an idea which i thought would be pretty cool if it would be done
          i noticed that when flesh-splats are enabled, the fiend and scrag seem to have different colors flesh-splats then the rest of the enemies, the scrag has green splats and the fiend glowing orange splats, which i love
          what if those two enemies would not only have different colors fleshsplats, but that also the color of their blood would be changed to match the color of the splats, and that the scrag would have green-ish blood and the fiend would have glowing orange-red blood!
          wouldnt that be totally awesome?
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Thanks webangel! It said 2.
            Enforcer1.mdl and H_mega1.mdl
            You are using Sevens Starter Kit?
            Open your \ID1\autoexec.cfg with your favourite text editor and set enforcermultiskin to 1 and read Sevens comment in the same line! This should help

Comment

• the autoexec.cfg in rouge/ were all set to 2 or 4
              I just set everything in my id1/ autoexec.cfg to 2
              Thanks. Will let you know if I see the rainbow diamonds again

Comment

• Hi

Seven told me he wasn't coming back, maybe he will if we make some noise

come on back Seven

regards,

Sean

Comment

• nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
                  that cant be true....

who where what happened? what'd seven say as to why he left?
                  seven cant be gone, he's one of the most amazing people here on the forums

please dont stay away seven, and come back, we cant do without you

Comment

• I agree 100%!!!

Comment

• I'm still missing a skin apparently. Is there a console cmd to print the console output to a .txt ?

Comment

• erm... could you perhaps say from what enemy the skin is that you seem to be missing?

would help a lot, cuz theres lots of monsters, and knowing which monster has a missing skin would help a lot to be able to help you

Comment

... Is there a console cmd to print the console output to a .txt ?
                          Seven made a nice list.
                          CLICK!! Look at point 15.

Comment

• condump
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                              erm... could you perhaps say from what enemy the skin is that you seem to be missing?

would help a lot, cuz theres lots of monsters, and knowing which monster has a missing skin would help a lot to be able to help you
                              LOL! You replied before to the post where I first mentioned them.

Thanks webangel and bluntz. I will try that and post it if I still can't figure it out.

Comment

the autoexec.cfg in rouge/ were all set to 2 or 4
                                I just set everything in my id1/ autoexec.cfg to 2
                                Thanks. Will let you know if I see the rainbow diamonds again
                                Hello metalseed,

Welcome to this forum. I think we met at a place called youtube, didnt we ?

Regarding your multiskin issue:
                                There is no magic inside the "small mod compilation"
                                Changing cvar values will not bring the monster skins into your Quake.
                                If you do not have the additional monster skin (which you chose via cvar),
                                DarkPlaces will miss it and give you the beautiful diamond instead.
                                So what you first need to know is:
                                Which monster skins do you like/want and add them into your Quake folder.
                                Then set the cvar according to your used skins.

There is a "starter kit" inside the "small mod compilation".
                                The reason for this "starter kit" was exactly to help users which are not familiar with it to get a quick and pretty start.
                                The multiskin cvar values inside this "multiskin autoexec.cfg" will match exactly the multiple skins inside the "starter kit".
                                If you want to use different or more skins, you need to add them and then set your cvar accordingly.

Setting all cvar´s to "2" will most probably lead to beautiful diamonds

==================

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                                here, i made a quick vid of hexen2 which shows of the water surface and underwater view distortion effects
                                Hello splitterface,

webangel already guided you to LordHavocs words about the water warp topic. He and MH had a nice discussion some time ago.

But what you maybe didnt know is, that you can change the water warp visual inside DarkPlaces.
                                There is this tiny cvar:
                                r_waterwarp
                                At least you can change the sretching a bit with it.
                                Default is "1". I personally use "1.7".

==============

btw just last night i had some ideas for things id love to see in the smc...

i love to be able to gib corpses with rockets, but only with the shambler it feels so lame that this huge massive creature that just shrugs of rockets can suddenly be gibbed with a single rocket once he's dead
                                can it perhaps be changed so that shambler corpses cannot be gibbed at all? it feels kinda lame that when he's alive he just shrugs of rockets, but once he's dead the corpse can be gibbed with just a single rocket
                                What you asked for can be realized with different corpsehealth cvars for each monster.
                                Smith has this in his modification.
                                Smith is a nice guy, who absolutely does not deserve the way he was treated in this forum. That is a shame on its own.
                                Yes, I can implement this idea into V3.83.

next... another thing which i always thought was kinda weird
                                players can telefrag monsters, monsters can telefrag monsters, players can telefrag players. cool i love that.
                                but when a monster teleports to the position of a player the monsters get gibbed instead of the player? thats really weird not? cuz the rules are 'if something gets teleported to a position where something else is already, the object that is taking up the space that the other item tries teleporting to will be destroyed cuz of the sudden takeup of space'
                                so.. could it be changed so that if a monster tries teleporting to a player position that the player gets telefragged by the monster instead, like it should be?
                                These rules are declared inside triggers.qc in spawn_tdeath () and tdeath_touch ()
                                A “death zone” is spawned for 0.2 seconds where the teleport target is.
                                This “death zone” is inflicting 50.000 damage under these conditions:
                                1) if a monster is teleporting:
                                It will kill all other monsters inside the death zone
                                It will be killed if a player is inside the death zone
                                2) if a player is teleporting:
                                He will kill all other monsters and players inside the death zone (except invincible players)

These rules can be adjusted/edited/extended to any other rule you want.
                                The fact that monster teleporting is a very rare thing makes it priority 2, but as mentioned above: everything is possible.

and last... i had an idea which i thought would be pretty cool if it would be done
                                i noticed that when flesh-splats are enabled, the fiend and scrag seem to have different colors flesh-splats then the rest of the enemies, the scrag has green splats and the fiend glowing orange splats, which i love
                                what if those two enemies would not only have different colors fleshsplats, but that also the color of their blood would be changed to match the color of the splats, and that the scrag would have green-ish blood and the fiend would have glowing orange-red blood!
                                wouldnt that be totally awesome?
                                Look at how I made the "blood" for ROGUE statues (= debris and dust) and do it the same way to get custom blood for the wizards and demons.
                                So yes, it is possible and will most probably be inside V3.83.

Seven.

Comment

Working...
                                X