Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
    i know it might be a bit late, but i just encountered the funniest bug ever
    i have no clue wtf happened and i never seen it before, and it was seriously funny as hell.

i was just playing some rogue, shooting with the lava-SNG, and suddenly after everything was dead in a room i noticed something kept moving, and i went like "what in the f "

i ran around a bit, and it seemed to still be there. so i decided to run around facing backwards, and i saw a had a burning nail following me around, which would keep zooming left to right if i stood still

darkplaces SMC chasing nail bug - YouTube

i have no clue how this happened cuz i didnt do anything special and i never seen it before

also included my quicksave that it happened on so you can see it for yourself, you totally have to see it, its funny as hell XD

anyways, its beside funny also a bug. i have no clue how it happened and i never had it before, but i thought it was worth mentioning.

That's awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by metalseed View Post
      That's awesome
      hahaha i know right

funniest and coolest bug ever
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• "It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!"

Comment

• lols

new mod: the revenge of the evil possessed nail
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Ahhh, finaly someone found the easteregg.

Comment

• [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_k602Wgak]Peter Tosh - Igziabeher (Let Jah Be Praised) - YouTube[/ame]

the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Hi Nahuel,

unfortunately I cannot watch your youtube clip here in Germany.
                It says something regarding forbidden and law and stuff...

What is it about ? What did you want to say.

I hope everything is fine with you.
                Didnt see you in the forums much lately.

All the Best,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  Hi Nahuel,

unfortunately I cannot watch your youtube clip here in Germany.
                  It says something regarding forbidden and law and stuff...

What is it about ? What did you want to say.

I hope everything is fine with you.
                  Didnt see you in the forums much lately.

All the Best,
                  Seven
                  Hello Seven , the video is just a Peter Tosh song calle "Igziabeher". I did not mean anything intelligent really, only that this effect seemed funny and surreal (as the song). Lately I'm very busy with my job and with the faculty, then I have not much time to comment, contribute or another "quake" edition. ANiway I've been programming some CSQC stuff (such as inventories and effects), experimenting with q3map2 ( i get really nice stuff about this) Maybee in the next weeks i will release a q3 map with some funny stuff.
                  I am very fine, only a little busy!!! Best Regards
                  the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• the music was a nice touch.
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find this...
                      On the screenshots in the Small MOD zip files, what other textures are you using for weapons, items, huds, etc.? Are they part of the small mod and I'm not seeing them? Otherwise, monsters look great!

Thanks!

Comment

• The "small mod compilation" is not a 'Take that pill and you are all done' thing.

I do not want to force people to use specific contents.
                        You only find content in the "small mod compilation" that is very necessary for it to run. Nothing else.

The monster skins is a seperated pack in the download, that is necesary to make use of the "multiskin/multimodel" feature.
                        Which is "disabled" by default, so you do not need the monsters skins.
                        If you decide you want to take a sneak of how this feature looks, you can enable this feature for every monster type individually and must then use the included monster skins.
                        I say "must" because they use special namings to be recognized by the "small mod compilation".

The highest target of this little mod is to keep the feeling of Quake. And it does not attempt to force the user to use/override any kind of content he already has or does not want.
                        It gives you the possibility to enable/disable almost all features that it brings/has. Please read the readme.txt for more details.

If you are looking for a 'Take that pill and you are all done' thing, I recommend Smith´s complete compilation.

If you are only looking for a specific texture, you will most probably find it in this very forum.
                        Feel free to aks if you have further specific questions.

Have fun with good old Quake
                        Seven

Comment

• I'm not wanting an 'all-in-one' package. I just liked what I saw in your screenshots and wanted to know what you were using. What I tried just didn't look right and I wanted to try what you had in the screenshots.

Besides, I took the red pill and I like it here!

Comment

• Hello GiSWiG,

Because of the fact that you chose the red one, I want to answer your question
                            Sorry for offtopic.

The customHUD layout I am using is still the one that Nahuel made with CSQC.
                            This will bring a new layout to the small ammo icons.
                            Smith has modified it further in the meantime. Be sure to check it out.
                            Next are the HUD textures. You can find the ones I am using there.

The items and weapon replacements I am using is a mixture of many many sources. Impossible to recall all of them. During the time I "waste" my freetime with Quake this came together.
                            I uploaded them once but that link is already dead.

It is all a question of personal liking and I bet you will not like the ones that I like.
                            Again, I can only suggest to search the "finished work" subforum and you will find more than you´d excpect.
                            It is always better to create a compilation by oneself than to just use other ones.

Kind regards,
                            Seven

Comment

• Dear all,

It has been 4 month since the last update of the "small mod compilation".

Several serious changes have been made to it in the last 4 month.
                              I would like to mention the complete rework of the 'death animation system'.
                              Two things have been complaint by many people:
                              - Cvar options / handling is not user friendly (and too limited)
                              - The animations get boring too quickly

So I have rewritten the code and tried to improve it.
                              You now have less cvar values (makes it easier to understand).
                              You have a separate cvar to freely adjust the appearance randomness to your personal liking for each monster type.

Example:
                              Now you can pick one specific death animation (if you only like this one) for a monster type
                              and set the randomness according to your liking. That was not possible before !
                              If you only want to have the ‘vengeance’ effect for the demon, but not every time, this is now possible.
                              Lets say, the ‘vengenace’ effect shall only spawn with a 20% chance, you would need:
                              demon 3
                              demonrandomness 20

The 'Legend of Grimrock' + 'Blade Trinity' effect has been improved and implemented to extend the variation.
                              They are available with different particle colors and visuals.
                              For the zombie monster even a 5th death animation effect has been implemented.
                              I do not want to spoil the surprise. Test it yourself…

I would also like to point out the new animated models:
                              - heart gib model
                              - different megahealth models
                              Which can be adjusted to any combination you might want.

The new custom backpack models are one of my favorite new things for:
                              - enforcer
                              - soldier
                              - ogre
                              Especially the enforcers flying cells with its sounds and visual is very nice in my opinion.
                              Of course adjustable to your likings.

The 'extended blood' is a feature option that many people requested.
                              You can of course change the effect/visual to anything you like via effectinfo.txt.

As always, I tried to document as good as I can the new code inside the .qc files and effectinfo.txt, so that others can easily understand it and use it for their own projects if they like.

Here is an overview of all things since previous version V3.80:
                              New features:
                              - Added option for additional animated heart gib (adjustable for player, monster and corpses)
                              - Added option for different custom backpack models for monsters (enforcer, ogre, soldier)
                              - Added option for extended blood effects for shooting/gibbing: players, monsters and corpses
                              - Added option for custom animated megahealth models (adjustable for different world types)
                              - Added map effect: lava-eruptions for lava pools
                              - Added new death animation effects (Legend of Grimrock + Trinity effect, Ancient Ghost of Grimrock effect)
                              - Added death animation randomness cvar (to freely select appearance of animation randomness)
                              - Added option to choose between different gib spin behaviours (for gib-explosions and kick-gibs)
                              - Added option for welcome message in console when starting Quake single player game

Updated features:
                              - Fixed a bug in multiplayer (gibbed players still bleed after respawn)
                              - Fixed a bug that prevented to disable the gibbing corpses feature
                              - Totally reworked and extended death animation code and cvars. Much easier to adjust this feature to personal likings now.
                              - Updated 'Starter Kit' for multiskin/multimodel support
                              - Added option for 2 different armor particle effects (subtle or eye-catching)
                              - Modified explosion particle effects (introduced some Jorix-like bright smoke again and reduced particle count)
                              - Extended corpsehealth cvar. Every monster type has its own cvar now.
                              - Changed default values for "fleshsplat", "kickdebris" and "pushback" cvar (from disabled to enabled)
                              - Added new kick-sounds for burning debris (they used the same as gibs before)
                              - Adjusted ogre + zombie aiming code (Smith)
                              - Extended cvar shootablebuttonsandsecrets to prevent blood from exploding boxes (Smith)

The reason why I decided to name it version ‘V4.0’ is, because some cvars
                              are no longer compatible with V3.80 and older.
                              And I learned from school that a new main version must be given if something is no longer compatible.

So please, delete your actual autoexec.cfg settings/file and use the new V4.0 autoexec.cfg sample as your base.
                              Please read the descriptions inside the file. It is all explained there.
                              Many cvars, like 'backpack' for example also have new defaults. You should definitely try these.

Now I can only wish you much fun with the updated "small mod compilation".
                              I hope you like it a little bit.
                              And if you find any issues/bugs, feel free to post them.

Find updated link in 1st post.

But as most of you know me already, I cannot let this post end like this:

A special thanks to webangel and gdiddy62 for their big support and play testing.
                              This is a snapshot from webangel and myself as we chilled together, after finishing beta3:

Of course the party after the final version was amazing !
                              Hundreds of party alien had come

Alcohol was available in unlimited quantities

But now lets end this, and get back to the fragging:

Have fun,
                              Seven

Comment

• when i try downloading it i get 'file not found'

EDIT: yay now the download does work
                                cant wait to try it, im totally uber-excited
                                Last edited by talisa; 08-10-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X