Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• once again great work seven, you never cease to amaze me

the heart-gib, extended blood effects and custom backback models are all amazing
    and the added new death-effects are great, love them. the new added options and ability to set how often death-effects are spawned are super
    and its great too that i can have the shams now so that his corpse cannot be gibbed anymore

just a shame you didnt allow for different blood colors, but thats ok, what you did is still amazing <3

and i cant wait to add lava eruptions to all ID1 maps, which i will start on right away after i finish adding effects to ROGUE
    Last edited by talisa; 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• This is a snapshot from webangel and myself as we chilled together, after finishing beta3:

Soooo Sweeeeet. Thank you Seven!

Comment

• Try this stuff out guys.....it ROCKS!!

Comment

• WARNING
          May be too intense for some viewers.
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
          ---------------------------
          .--------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            just a shame you didnt allow for different blood colors, but thats ok
            I know that this was a request from you.
            It is the last open point on my ToDo list, I wanted to implement in V4.0.
            But I decided to skip it for V4.0 because of several reasons.
            Maybe in the future...

Originally posted by splitterface View Post
            and i cant wait to add lava eruptions to all ID1 maps, which i will start on right away after i finish adding effects to ROGUE
            I put the start.ent and E1M7.ent files in the download, which has the lava eruptions enabled. You should try it to see it in-game.
            gdiddy62 also wanted to experiment with it and maybe add them to some other maps as well.

@ all

It would be nice if someone could make a mirror of the V4.0 file.
            I think rapidshare is not the best place to use...

Thank you.

Comment

• I told you so when it took me 3 days and five attempts to download v3.8 in my rural area. I was lucky this time
              I've switched to mediafire since rapidshare started to limit speeds.
              You may also consider making the multiskin pack a separate download, it will pay off when you'll have to upload update/bugfix.

Cleaned death effects code is a good thing, it sure will make further work on SMC easier
              Last edited by _Smith_; 08-11-2012, 05:32 AM.
              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

@ all

It would be nice if someone could make a mirror of the V4.0 file.
                I think rapidshare is not the best place to use...

Thank you.

Sendspace mirror:
                Deleted!!!

New v4.01 mirror!!!
                Download 00 Quake-Small-Mod-Compilation-V4.01--Seven-20120812.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Last edited by webangel; 08-12-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• @seven
                  about having a mirror for SMC: ill do it, ill upload it to my mediafire account
                  the file will remain indefinitely available, and downloading speeds are always high on mediafire
                  and yes i totally agree, personally i pretty much hate rapidshare, theres so much other better uploading sites available

and yes i saw the lava eruptions effect, tried your ent files. you really outdid yourself on it seven, its truely amazing and epic.
                  it looks and sounds truely totally f*ing evil and cool, and its real cool that you added that you actually get hurt if you get hit by a lava burst

currently uploading the file to mediafire, when its done uploading ill update my post to include the link

EDIT3: link removed due to that seven released a newer version which has a bugfix, post with link to updated version:
                  http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post117846
                  Last edited by talisa; 08-12-2012, 02:15 PM.
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi everybody,

I have problems with setting CVAR's. Have switched the old autoexec.cfg with the new one, but can't make it work right.

Example set kickable gibs to 0 but ingame they are still kickable. Same with death animation in cfg settings doesn't do nothing ingame.

Have I missed something?

THX in advance!!!

Comment

• did you make sure to change the name to exactly autoexec.cfg?

cuz everything works fine for me

Comment

• Thank's splitterface

Silly me, I've left an empty space after the letter c and didn't see it in the autoexec .cfg.

And again a big THX to Seven for his beautifull presents

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                          Cleaned death effects code is a good thing, it sure will make further work on SMC easier

Hello Smith,

Unfortunately not.
                          I wrote that the death animation code got easier for the player/user to handle.
                          But the QC code itself got even more complicated...
                          I had to introduce several new global floats to remember and telling what to do next.

The reason why the QC code got complex is the "Legend of Grimrock effect".
                          This effect 'kicks in' before the monsterīs vanilla death code, while all other death animation 'kick in' after that.

Handling random combination of both effect types and ontop use the new randomness code was a big nutshell to crack for me...

You will see what I mean when comparing V3.80 with V4.0 in Beyondcompare.

===========

Thank you webangel and splitterface for the mirrors of V4.0.
                          I will add them to the 1st post.
                          But a version without the multiskin 'Starter Kit' is not what I want.
                          Too much time has been spent for this little thing...
                          And I see it as a fixed part of the "small mod compilation".
                          Most people use it, so it should be there/included ...
                          With your ultra fast download servers mirrors, the size is no longer an issue nowadays with Terrabytes of harddiscs.
                          Releasing a new version every 4 monthīs should be no issue as well.
                          Thank you again.

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

• GREAT WORK SEVEN !!! i am very impressed about your SMC, i believe you are a professional about effectinfo.txt and ssqc effects MAybe some stuff can be carried to csqc to run easier !! (i speak about a little csqc menu to get all the options -cvars- easily and nicer, and not the tedious edition of autoexec.cfg ) I love your mod thanks!

Thank you sliptterface for the mediafire mirror (rapidshare works very slowly and buggy here )
                            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• @nahuel
                              yeah i have the same problem with rapidshare myself, thats why i hate using it

Comment

• Unfortunately I just found a bug in V4.0

The zombie model inside the 'Starter Kit' cannot handle enough skins for the Legend of Grimrock effect.
                                I forgot to put the extended zombie model from the SMC V4.0 into the 'Starter Kit'...

That is why you will see this bug (when using the 'Starter Kit') and enable the Grimrock effect: The animation-skins 2, 3 and 4 cannot be drawn and it ends up in a white skin.

I always had a seperate (old) pk3 file with a "z" at the beginning for the model, so i did not notice it...

But it also has a positive sideeffect:
                                I noticed this way that the frames of the 5th zombie animation does not work.

So I have to slightly edit the QC file and exchange the zombie model to fix everything.

This means:
                                V4.0 has a zombie custom-death-animation bug

I am more than sorry for it !!

Please use this setting as long as I fix this:
                                "set zombie 1"
                                This way the bug will not happen.

Sorry again,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X