Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Nahuel,

Woow, this is some kind of music...
    This time I could listen to your clip (it was not forbidden like last times).

I found the lyrics of this song here: click

You can use google-translater to translate it into your language.
    Here is the link that translates it from german to spanish:click

While visiting the homepage of Mar del plata (= your home),

my mind took a trip down memory lane...
    I was remembering the holiday in middle earth this year with my wife and kids.
    It was in spain.
    The last evening the host of the hotel, with whom we became friend with, made a small dance parade for us, saying "Good bye" the spanish way.
    We danced all night long to this song: click

It was a very nice touch and made the memory last forever...

By the way,
    I am working on a new mod feature at the moment which has something to do with your post at inside3d yesterday.
    I am very excited about it and it will hopefully be big fun playing it.
    Thank you for all your inspirations Nahuel.

Your friend.

Comment

• I am very glad to have brought those memories although was very indirectly: D Mar del Plata is not like Spanish cities, this is the third world! I know about that kind of music you speak of Seven, I think as much as you like Angizia I like "Danza Kuduro" hahahaha we have different musical tastes! Thanks for the lyrics and if this is what I thought, always Angizia keeps the line aesthetics of tragic operetta. Excellent to hear about your new mod feature in the mod, I didnīt understand the concept completely, you know my english is very limited!! Have a great day: D
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• OT Sorry...

Hi Nahuel,
        I donīt know Angizia but I think Qntal is much better if you like this rare musical style.
        Last edited by webangel; 09-04-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
          Hi Nahuel,
          I donīt know Angizia but I think Qntal is much better if you like this rare musical style.
          Qntal II.

Comment

• PS: Glad i am going to Dead Can Dance show this october in Hamburg.

Comment

• @TR2N and @webangel
              GREAT!! qntal is very good, thanks for the recomendation, but i do not like so much the "electric" influences mixed with the dark-medieval ambient music. Dead Can Dance is really the best band of medieval music ... Angizia is another style very different, circus music

syluxman2803

Comment

• Dear all,

Today I released Update 2 for "small mod compilation" V4.01
                Find all details and DOWNLOAD here

I decided to do it, because there seems not much interest in it.
                So I can move on to other things.
                I edited the opening post of the linked thread with the new things I added today. You will also find a new youtube clip which shows these new things.

I hope at least some of you will have some fun playing it.

Working on the complete compilations V4.1 for all three packs now...

Warm regards,
                Seven
                Last edited by Seven; 09-09-2012, 01:09 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Seven: There is always interest in anything you do, what are you talking about?

all three 4.1's coming? \o/ \o/ \o/
                  Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Seven: Maybe someone suggested this before... maybe not. But is there a possibility to have overlay or color effects? For overlay effects like when coming out of an acid pool or water having blurred vision which quickly dissipates like a water sheet on your car's windshield. It could have a green tint to everything you see when emerging from an acid pool for instance, or red when emerging from lava.

In addition, like when you grab an invincibility sphere in DOOM, where it reverses the color palette, is some kind of effect like that possible?

another idea is blood splatters on your field of view, with the same dissipation effect as the water or lava, for like when you use a grenade or rocket launcher at little to close range and you get splattered by blood.

Just some ideas... dunno if such stuff is possible in quake engine.

Saw similar things in Brutal Doom and other FPS games, so I was just thinking. =]

Cheers
                    Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                      ...like a water sheet on your car's windshield.
                      imo it would only make sense for these effects if you actually had something like a visor on the helmet, but you dont. so these effects dont make sense at all. perhaps the colored vision a little bit, but waterdrops and bloodsplats and such on your screen..... no

i never really liked those effects in games, they look fancy but they are so unrealistic. did you ever see waterdrops in your vision when you exited the water in rl?

those kinda effects imo only make sense if you have something like glasses or a helmet with visor on or such. but the quake ranger doesnt, he has a helmet without visor
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Roy Batty,

I understand your suggestion.
                        Helloween also asked for it some weeks ago: click

Even if I wanted, it would not be possible. It needs some client sided modifications. This "small mod compilation" is and shall be ssqc-only.
                        I dont know how long I can keep this constriction, but for now it shall be this way.
                        Nahuel already told me that it would be ideal for the "small mod compilation" to use some csqc modifications; especially the cvar management via an in-game option menu !
                        Then you would not need to modify the autoexec.cfg if you want to change a feature. But there is nothing planned yet...
                        I think my payment to Nahuel to do this would be too small

But thank you for your suggestion (my list beside my keyboard gets longer).

Kind regards,
                        Seven

Comment

• simple but nice idea....

just saw another thread about shell casings in shadow warrior, and gdiddy replying that DPmod has this.

it would be cool if this would be implented in the smc too
                          small addition but would enhance using SG and SSG i think, if you had actual shell casings dropping on the ground and staying there
                          and then of course for SG make one casing drop, and for SSG two casings
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I am working on casings right now
                            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Hello Roy Batty,

I understand your suggestion.
                              Helloween also asked for it some weeks ago: click

Even if I wanted, it would not be possible. It needs some client sided modifications. This "small mod compilation" is and shall be ssqc-only.
                              I dont know how long I can keep this constriction, but for now it shall be this way.
                              Nahuel already told me that it would be ideal for the "small mod compilation" to use some csqc modifications; especially the cvar management via an in-game option menu !
                              Then you would not need to modify the autoexec.cfg if you want to change a feature. But there is nothing planned yet...
                              I think my payment to Nahuel to do this would be too small

But thank you for your suggestion (my list beside my keyboard gets longer).

Kind regards,
                              Seven
                              Hello seven. I think you must be very careful using "screen effects". In ssqc this features can be really slow, maybe an implementation to CSQC to your Mod will be great

syluxman2803

Comment

• Webangel, I think I love you

Sorry, but I had to post this...

Comment

Working...
                                X