No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh hey seven, i saw you posted in another thread about ruohis vweaps.

could you please implent the ability to use them into the SMC?
    cuz i really like ruohis vweaps and it would be awesome if we could use them in darkplaces

oh, and i had a request for another feature. i like doom too and i remember doomsday had an addon which allowed you to have unlimited ammo. could this be implented into the smc too, the option to have unlimited ammo?
    i like it cuz its great when playing with clones and such so you can just continuously blast away at baddies, its great for when you feel in a mood for creating a massacre or if you're pissed and just wanna kill everything
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• is the smc done, or are you planning on continuing the project at a later date?
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Splitterface,

If you want to have unlimited ammo, why dont you use the impulse 9 cheat ?
        Just bind him to a key and press it everytime you go low on ammo.

But if you really want to edit the QC to have unlimited ammo, you can do this by yourself:
        Just remove the ammo reduction lines for each weapon in weapons.qc.
        Your ammo will then not be reduced when firing a weapon.
        As you know, everytime you find a new weapon, you will get a small amount of that ammo too.
        This will be enough for the rest of the game/episode, because it will never be reduced.

The code lines you need to change/edit/remove are these (in every weapon-firing function you will find a similar one):
        Example for shotgun:
        self.currentammo = self.ammo_shells = self.ammo_shells - 1;
        Example for nailgun:
        self.currentammo = self.ammo_nails = self.ammo_nails - 1;

Regarding the v_weapons:
        As you know, this mod is focused on single player. Single player is usualy played in 1st person mode. So you will never see the v_weapons (because you never see another player, nor your own player weapon).
        If you play in 3rd person mode, yes (but it is still covered by your back/arm).
        So this is not the best mod to implement this feature...
        There are others (multiplayer-focused) which would fit better i guess.

Hello syluxman,

A great coder named Cobalt asked me once: What is "final" ?
        He asked me this, because I wanted to release the "final" version for the "small mod compilation".
        He was/is so right !
        A "final" version is something that is most probably a version that is overriden by another one in the future
        I dont know if you understand my bad english and what I wanted to say.

As long as we have people with new ideas/requests and as long as people are using this mod and as long as my life doesnt drift me to another dimension, we will most probably have newer versions too.

Best wishes,
        Seven

Comment

• hey seven

well i also like to play the SMC in coop with a friend, and i have webangels reflecting&animated textures, so i think it would be great that when you look into a mirroring surface you can actually see yourself holding the weapon you got equipped. and of course it would be great if id play coop with a friend to see m friend holding the weapon they got equipped instead of the multigun

about unlimited ammo: thanx seven, i kinda thought it would be those lines that i needed to remove but i didnt know for sure. im totally gonna remove those lines and make a special progs.dat which i can use whenever i wanna have unlimited ammo
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I'm changing myself into the monster

Code:
            Loaded maps/e4m3.ent
            Loading extended DarkPlaces savegame
            Connection accepted to local:1
            <-- server to client keepalive

Server: DarkPlaces-Quake build 21:37:38 Nov 25 2012 - release (progs 16918 crc)

<===================================>

The Elder God Shrine
            Loaded game, everyone rejoined - unpausing
            You got the rockets
            no weapon.
            h3x changed name to progs/h_ogre.mdl
            On that level after around 1 or 2 minutes my player is changed into the monster. Does anyone had similar problems?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaHeX View Post
              Code:
              Loaded maps/e4m3.ent
              Loading extended DarkPlaces savegame
              Connection accepted to local:1
              <-- server to client keepalive

Server: DarkPlaces-Quake build 21:37:38 Nov 25 2012 - release (progs 16918 crc)

<===================================>

The Elder God Shrine
              Loaded game, everyone rejoined - unpausing
              You got the rockets
              no weapon.
              h3x changed name to progs/h_ogre.mdl
              On that level after around 1 or 2 minutes my player is changed into the monster. Does anyone had similar problems?
              interesting! however im sad to say i have no technical imput here.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Woow, that is cool.

I always wanted to play as a monster in Quake.
                I would prefer a shambler though…
                How is the chainsaw looking in-game ? Could you post a screenshot ?

But seriously:
                You should not load a savegame, that was saved with another progs.dat !
                Spooky things might happen…

...be ready to morph into Dark-young-of-shub-niggurath later on in the game

...with Predator-like sight:

By the way, your DP build is not the recommended one.
                But this you know already, because you have read the readme.txt, right ?

Have fun,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by seven
                  sounds like something right up your ally seven. could i be smelling the next feature of smc?

Originally posted by seven
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Yes indeed, I can also smell something in here...
                    But it is not the new feature that you might think about.
                    It would not fit into this mod as you know.

The thing that smells all over my desk is another thing.
                    A thing that is hopefully unleashed soon, before the interest in Quake mods died completely (as we can see in the other WIP thread).

Until then, try to stay happy

And dont eat too much

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Woow, that is cool.

I would prefer a shambler though…
                      How is the chainsaw looking in-game ? Could you post a screenshot ?

But seriously:
                      You should not load a savegame, that was saved with another progs.dat !
                      Spooky things might happen…

By the way, your DP build is not the recommended one.

Have fun,
                      Seven
                      Seven, I was playing all episodes up to that level with the same version of darkplaces (2011062 engine and with your 4.15 progs.dat file. I have downloaded latest available engine to confirm that 'bug'.

Any idea what can be the reason for that problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                        you can actually see yourself holding the weapon you got equipped. and of course it would be great if id play coop with a friend to see m friend holding the weapon they got equipped instead of the multigun
                        I achieved these feature in dp using md3 models (different models for weapons attached by tags and invisble for clients with some qc specifics for darkplaces) !! I just need a GNU model md3 for ranger !!!
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• I achieved these feature in dp using md3 models (different models for weapons attached by tags and invisble for clients with some qc specifics for darkplaces) !! I just need a GNU model md3 for ranger !!!

Would love to see this nahuel! Is there a GNU md3 for ranger out there anywhere guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                            ...be ready to morph into Dark-young-of-shub-niggurath later on in the game
                            sweet pic there Seven

Comment

• AlphaHeX,
                              Restart your current map and give yourself the items/weapons that you had via cheat, if you have an issue.
                              That should help.

Hello Nahuel,
                              Do you need a "splitted" free player model ? I guess not.
                              You can use this or this player model. You are free to use them when you credit the authors.

Recommended is the first one (by Ruohis), because you already have the complete finished v_weapon models (incl. weapon models) for the player. Link is there too.

Hello gdiddy,
                              You can see Nahuels great work here.
                              That is a soldier with tag´ed weapon model and cool new sounds and animations
                              Amazing Nahuel work as always

Hello kreaper,
                              Yes, Quake and Shub Niggurath really fit good together.

Have a great day,
                              Seven

Comment

• I totally forgot I had that Seven! Thanks for reminding me. I remember using this one time to see it and was impressed and then forgot all about this excellent work! Hope to see the Ranger model with this from Nahuel soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X