No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello seven, i need and skeletal based model from player, not compiled! i need to decompile the model and add tags i can do it easily with smd files (skeletal and meshes, modellers know i mean) or a segmented player model with tags (like used in open arena o quake 3 arena)
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
      Hello gdiddy,
      You can see Nahuels great work here.
      That is a soldier with tag´ed weapon model and cool new sounds and animations
      Amazing Nahuel work as always
      hello seven that was a very early skill from my experiments with md3 models i am using ranger from quake 3 to the player!! and my actual work is very different (qc work for animation of the soldiers are some different to qc work for players) to i will release my experiments with some md3 player from open arena (gpl models)
      the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Sweeeeeet!
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

ATTENTION:
          The clip below should not be watched by people who suffer from arachnophobia

I only want to give some basic facts here.
          All details will follow together with its release.

New monster for Quake.
          Model by Psionic.
          Quake implementation (new AI, sounds and effects) by Seven.

Monster properties:
          - 3 different melee attacks
          - 1 long jump attack
          - 1 ranged attack: Spits out webs that glues the player to the ground for a short (adjustable) time.
          - Has an adjustable chance to resist shotguns and nailguns attacks
          - Has an adjustable chance of hiding/sneeking inside the ground (= suprise attack)
          - Fully adjustable replacement monster for all Quake monsters (via cvar) individually.
          Depending on which monster it replaces, its health points and skin texture will change accordingly, to keep the balance of the game !

No new/special maps needed. Works on all maps.

Special credits to Psionic for his amazing model !!
          Thank you for your free contribution Psionic.
          It was big fun to implement it into Quake.

Kind regards,
          Seven
          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RUMEjOjwiw&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw& index=1&feature=plcp]Quake new monster - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Seven; 12-02-2012, 12:47 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Comment

• Wow, I like the idea of them coming up out of the ground! This would make good "ambush" situations if you set it up correctly. I like the different skins you already have implemented too.

An observation I have is to perhaps make the long-range attack look different as it looks like the wizard's attack at the moment to me. I know this is an early share so maybe you can consider that. I like the idea of different monsters for some maps!

Keep the inspiration and ideas coming Seven!!

Comment

• should make a huge version like in the screenshot and make it be a boss of one of the episodes

at least we'd have at least one decent boss in quake then. shub and chton are both a joke, lol. they look cool but uberlame cuz they dont do shit and are easy as pie
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello gdiddy,

when you compare the projectiles from Quake monsters (Hellknight, zombie, wizard), you will see that their model are almost identical. The only difference is the color (it moves too fast to see any details anyway).
                As you know the "small mod compilation" gave those projectiles very different looking particle effects. That makes them look 'really' different now.

I paid attention to use a different visual/particles compared to the existing ones for the spider. Yes, the color looks a bit like the wizards spike. But it fits to the somwhat 'acid'-like attack. It is difficult to make a complete new visual.
                At least I implemented a complete new effect, when it hits the player:
                As you can see in the clip, a "cloud" is spawned around the player that indicates that he is now not able to move, cause that is what the spiders shot does...
                I hope you will like it nevertheless.

Hello Splitterface,

'size' doesnt matter (as you know, cause you are a girl)
                Yes, I wanted to change also other things (other than health and skin) for each monster that it replaces. Size is a suitable option.
                It would need copies of the spider.mdl with diferent sizes and setting the bbox accordingly.
                But as you may know, almost all Quake monsters have the exact same bbox size. Now if you would introduce a fairly bigger enemy (except for the shambler) it would most probably result in "sticking-in-walls" issues if you extend the bbox size too much.
                Because the monsters are placed many times near walls.
                If you would not extend the bbox size, you would always "miss" it when shooting its legs for example and it would result in "walking in walls" with a quarter of its body.

For the shambler-replacement it would be a nice little addon to make it really really big. It has 600 health points anyway.

@ all

webangel is currently creating gib models for it, to make the spider package complete. She does some additional beautiful skin textures too. Maybe we will manage it to get a different skin for each monster in Quake (except fish and wizard of course)
                A big warm Thank You to webangel !
                (I hope she is not completely sunk into snow now in Germany/Bavaria)

Once all is done, it can be unleashed.

PS: The thing that you cannot see in the youtube clip is, that you are not able to move when the ranged attack hits you (default is 2 seconds). That is the funniest part with this monster.

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                  I think that it is the color that is very similar to my eyes and I can change that via the effectinfo If I choose. I'm glad to have another monster to worry about now!!

Thanks to you and Webangel for the Christmas gift!

Comment

• @lol true of course, i just thought it would make for an epic boss, and you could mebbe make it spawn small versions.

oh oh, or add an option for random 'ambush' in maps. like the spiders wouldnt replace any kind of monster, but while walking through a map theres a %chance that out of nowhere you'd suddenly get a bunch of randomly chosen types of spiders coming out of the ground and attacking you

like a random surprise attack
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• lol just a moment ago i noticed the funniest thing ever....

see anything familiar?

was just looking through all the swords i have in second life,and found this one which i got a long time ago...
                      its the exact same sword model that webangel was modifying for use in rogue

funny how small the world sometimes is, isnt it?
                      Last edited by talisa; 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• That is brilliant. I like the 'ghost attack', thats good as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
                          lol just a moment ago i noticed the funniest thing ever....

see anything familiar?

was just looking through all the swords i have in second life,and found this one which i got a long time ago...
                          its the exact same sword model that webangel was modifying for use in rogue

funny how small the world sometimes is, isnt it?

Hihi, yes its a very small world.
                          I stop working on this beauty atm..

Comment

• awws, why did you stop work on it Webangel?
                            you were doing such a great job, both texture and animation were looking amazing so far

Comment

• Webangel is a busy woman, who has her talented fingers on many things at the moment. But it is very cold in Germany now, so these fingers are a little stiff

The sword animation is a very doable thing as the model itself is static.
                              So I am pretty sure that it will see the light of day in the near future.

Comment

• Kudos on your latest addition Seven. It looks real good in the game. I think the lil hop the monster does after walking for a second is "cute".

As usual, your addition is top-notch.

When are you going to bust out a map editor and start translating all your hard work into your own game?

I could help you turn a lot of your .ent work into real map entities via the radiant .ent file. (which is not the same as the DP one).
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X