No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cow, seven - 140 pages. If you keep this up Al Gore is going to have to create another even bigger internet just to accommodate your topic.

I know Al Gore did not create the internet
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

• Dear all,

I am sorry that different updates for the "small mod compilation" (in different threads) has lead to confusion. It is time to fix this dilemma.
      They are now put together into 1 single update file (please click on the embedded links if you want to see details, youtube clips or screenshots):

UPDATE 20130317

Quake version V4.25 Release

New Features:
      - optional slow motion effect
      - optional new monster type: spider
      - optional Lightning gun killing modification
      - option to move the view_weapons to the right side
      - option for visual "adrenalin" screen effect
      - option for 2 different Wizard projectile trail effects

Updated features:
      - Bugfixes (player transformes into head gib and corpses disappear)

Please find updated links in 1st post.

In case you do not like any of the updates from V4.25, I suggest to use it and update your Version 4.15 due to the included bugfix
      You can disable all of the new features via cvars without a problem.

ATTENTION:
      Since Darkplaces build 2013-03-01 ALL "sv_gameplayfix_" cvars are disabled by default (!) which might lead to issues. That is a major change, that you will quickly notice while playing (because things like jump and stairs behaviour, as well as grenade physics and so on are changed now).
      During a short playtesting DP (without mods or replacements) some monsters even stuck in walls.
      So you might want to enable some of them again if you encounter issues... (I wrote some details in the autoexec.cfg sample)

================

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
      ... also i have had issues after updating to the newest dp that the death effect with the ghost freezes on the way up (poor sole never makes it to heaven)
      Hello JDSTONER,
      The reason for your described issue is this cvar:
      sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag
      Enable it to get rid of that issue (I wrote about it above).

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
      also i was wondering where i gould find the file for the revenge attack and change the color from red to a Smokey gray making them look more ghost like
      You will not find specific files for this effect. It is done purely via QC.
      I had no choice due to the amount of replacement material/models which is available. But I always include the source.
      The "reddish" skin color can be changed to any color you like via the used dpexention:
      DP_ENT_COLORMOD
      Find the entries for the individual monsters in their .qc files.
      You will find the "Vengeance of the deceased" always at the bottom of the monsters .qc file.

Kind regards,
      Seven

Comment

• Is there any specific reason it seems harder to shoot my targets after using the 4.15 or 4.25 small mod compilations?

Its as if the damage radius was reduced and its harder to shoot my targets.

Its possible that its just me thinking this but I just wondered.

Also could you tell me how to disable the footstep walking sounds for the player when I walk in your 4.25 release. I disabled monster walking sounds but I dont see anything about player not making footstep sounds. I would like to disable that so I dont hear my own footsteps.
        Last edited by darkdream787; 03-24-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkdream787 View Post
          Is there any specific reason it seems harder to shoot my targets after using the 4.15 or 4.25 small mod compilations?
          Its as if the damage radius was reduced and its harder to shoot my targets.
          Its possible that its just me thinking this but I just wondered.
          Hello darkdream787,

No there is no specific reason that this is the case.
          I would never touch the behaviour of the weapons/damages, as this would lead to changing the gameplay and I do not want this.

I was reading about your issue with the keyboard-look sensitivity in another thread. Mayber this is one part of the issue ?
          If yes, I wrote about how to adjust it here.
          It is interesting to see people who still use the keyboard-look.
          I also started to play Quake this way in the past, I was used to play this way in Duke 3D, so I started to play Quake this way too, but I quickly realized that it is much harder and had to learn to use the mouse for looking.

=================

Originally posted by darkdream787 View Post
          Also could you tell me how to disable the footstep walking sounds for the player when I walk in your 4.25 release. I disabled monster walking sounds but I dont see anything about player not making footstep sounds. I would like to disable that so I dont hear my own footsteps.

I remember that someone already asked for different footstep sound. Complaining that the ones that are used in the "small mod compilation" do not fit the Quake guy.

So, here is a solution:

A) If you do not like the player footstep sounds, and want to sneak through your levels like an assassin
          then download the file below.

B) Or if you think the footsteps are not matching the heavy armored Quake guy, I added an alternative sound set. If you want to test the alternative footstep set, please download the file below.

Download includes a readme.txt.

Have fun,
          Seven
          Attached Files

Comment

• i never experienced that bug with player randomly changing to another model.
            but the fact it only happens when kick-gibs is turned on explains why i never did, cuz i always have that turned off.

i noticed one thing though, theres a bug when using 'corpse-health' in combination with 'corpses only destroyable with explosives'

i had corpse explosives on, and then i tried setting shambler's corpsehealth to a real high number, so that you could shoot it and projectiles and shells wouldnt fly right through it. and with shotgun and such it worked fine, but with explosives it didnt. no matter how high i set health of shambler corpse, it would still always gib after 2 rocket/grenades

that bug has kinda been bugging me a bit. cuz i wanted to use a superhigh number so that it would seem like you could shoot at the corpse all you want but it wouldnt gib.
            and right now i have corpsehealth set to zero cuz of that bug, but it seems silly that with corpsehealth to zero all projectiles from all weapons fly straight through the corpse as if it isnt there.

so could you either look into fixing that corpses still gib after 2rox/nades no matter how high you set corpsehealth
            or change it so that if you set corpsehealth to zero projectiles still hit the corpse but nothing happens?
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• It's not a bug. It's just the way it is implemented. If I recall correctly, you have asked about it once already... no worry, I sometimes have good, but short memory too
              "corpsekillexplosives" works like zombies, it resets corpses hp to 60 after receiving damage. Just set Shambler hp to a very high number and disable “corpsekillexplosives”.
              Setting hp to 0 is meant to disable gibable corpses feature. So it works like intended.
              Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• @ _smith_
                no i havent asked about this before.

and thats not what i meant, what you say. cuz then ill be able to destroy corpses with any weapon, and i dun wanna be able to blow up corpses with anything else then grenades and rockets.

those two features should work hand-in-hand, and not like they do now. that if 'corpsekillexplosives' is turned on that corpsehealth doesnt work properly anymore. cuz right now when corpsekillexplosives is turned on corpsehealth is ignored, and every corpse can be blown up with 2 rockets/grenades, no matter how high corpsehealth is set

i wanna be able to only destroy corpses with only grenades/rockets, but be able to set shambler's corpse-health so high so that itll seem like its undestroyable no matter how much rockets you shoot at it
                Last edited by talisa; 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I remember when Seven added this feature on your request and was explaining to you how it works.
                  What I wanted to say, is that it was made that way intentionally and can't be easily modified to work like you want.
                  Everything can be done, but it would have to to done completely differently from scratch.
                  It's not a bug, is all I wanted to say.
                  Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• ah i see.

cant it just be changed then that if corpsehealth is set to 0 projectiles dun fly right through corpses but they do hit it but nothing happens and no matter what hits the corpse it just resets health right away, just like how chton does?

it seems odd right now to have projectiles fly right through a corpse as if it isnt there

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello darkdream787,

No there is no specific reason that this is the case.
                      I would never touch the behaviour of the weapons/damages, as this would lead to changing the gameplay and I do not want this.

I was reading about your issue with the keyboard-look sensitivity in another thread. Mayber this is one part of the issue ?
                      If yes, I wrote about how to adjust it here.
                      It is interesting to see people who still use the keyboard-look.
                      I also started to play Quake this way in the past, I was used to play this way in Duke 3D, so I started to play Quake this way too, but I quickly realized that it is much harder and had to learn to use the mouse for looking.

=================

I remember that someone already asked for different footstep sound. Complaining that the ones that are used in the "small mod compilation" do not fit the Quake guy.

So, here is a solution:

A) If you do not like the player footstep sounds, and want to sneak through your levels like an assassin
                      then download the file below.

B) Or if you think the footsteps are not matching the heavy armored Quake guy, I added an alternative sound set. If you want to test the alternative footstep set, please download the file below.

Download includes a readme.txt.

Have fun,
                      Seven

You certainly answer questions fully when asked without a doubt.

Thanks alot, I have nothing against your footstep sounds nor did I feel they didnt match. Im just used to no footstep sounds from the original game and I wanted to keep it closer to the original feel.

Ive always played this game with keyboard only and hardly have to look upwards. Im just used to it is all. being able to use the mouse is a nice plus thats for sure, I just still like to use the keyboard. Ill go ahead and try the cvars you mentioned and see if it works for me.

Comment

• Hello darkdream787,

The moment when I suddenly realized, that I had to play with the mouse was, when I saw the demo of map e1m3 and e1m4 of Quake.

In these 2 demos the players makes turns, which are simply not possible without mouse-look:
                        He moves in a circle around the enemy and shoots at him at the same time.
                        That was something that I never saw before and thought to myself:
                        Time to take the mouse into my right hand and try it...
                        It was very hard at the beginning, but you will get used to it quickly.

I see the same thing happen to my daughters now. Playing with mouse and keyboard simultanouesly is necessary in almost every game nowaydays...

Regarding the footstep sounds:
                        A little bit variation is always good. As I said, that request has been made before already, and I think many people like to try new things.

You or anybody else can now replace the footstep sounds with others they like. Just use the same names as in the download and let your creativity run wild

=====================

Hello splitterface,

I remember the discussion too, back in the days when this "corpsekillexplosives" feature was developed.
                        For the majority of people it works as it is coded right now.

But of course, there is this special woman with her special requests...
                        (what was her name again ??)

But seriously:
                        If you want to change the way it works now to the way you want it, you must know how the weapons work and what they do.
                        All weapons do "T_Damage" in the end.
                        Some only do "T_Damage" while others do "T_RadiusDamage" first before they do "T_Damage".

What you need to do is to jump into the "T_Damage" function and check for these things:
                        1.) Is the cvar "corpsekillexplosives" enabled ?
                        2.) From which weapon comes the damage ?
                        3.) Is the damage done to corpses or to anything else ?
                        4.) Is the corpse baked to coal (when using new Lightning gun feature) ?

After you have found a way to go backwards in the code to find out those answers, you can make a decision if you want to really add damage to this entity or not.

I made this code-change for you, because you are one of the biggest customers of the "small mod compilation".
                        But I want to mention the point of learning QC yourself again...
                        You said it many times, that you want to start learning. This is a good opportunity.

Anyhow, here is the modification, that does exactly what you want: DOWNLOAD

Have fun,
                        Seven

Comment

• just tried the new SMC update last night and i must say i absolutely loooooooooove the new screen effect during quad.

reminds me of the screen effect during invincibility in doom, but your screen effect is even more awesome cuz it doesnt just set the whole screen to negative like doom but everything constantly changes, which makes for a really awesome and brilliantly made effect!

your awesome effect makes getting a quad

also, thanx for the update with improved corpsekillexplosives code
                          thats what i wanted, how you did it. corpse can be shit but it wont gib
                          Last edited by talisa; 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• i like the screen effect too it reminds me of anoter game i played as a kid r.o.t.t. where if you picked up the mushroom you would trip... imo i think the effect should be tied to something different like to the vore projectile or a rocket or being hit by the fiend. maybe on some update we could have the option to where if you get hit it flips the effect on... it would be nice if you could have more options in the autoconfig of when its turned on and for how long... i do love the effect but i see it as more of a punishment then a reward... maybe i will be able to figer out how to set this up my self but i thought i would drop the idea because im sure seven could get it done with no problem.

Comment

• O hai Seven.

Haven't been around in a few years, giving DP another go possibly.

Looks like you've been busy.

downloading!

Comment

• stepped over to another file-hosting site cuz mediafire was really annoying the shit out of me with its bullshit like blocking downloads of split rars for no reason, renaming bat files to txt, and blocking downloads of dj mixes ive did cuz 'the security program detected there was a song in the mp3 which was also available for purchase on amazon'

"oh so you worked your ass off for hours to make that mix? so what... there's a song in it which is also available for purchase through amazon! so we're gonna block people from downloading your mix and give them a link to where to buy one of the songs in your mix instead!"

so i moved to a new file-hosting site which is perfect cuz it doesnt have any of that BS , and it has a max filesize limit of 300mb instead of 200 as well, which is nice too. reuploaded all the SMC rars to that site, here is a link to the folder which contains them:
                                DROPBOX MIRRORS OF ALL SMC RARS
                                Last edited by talisa; 04-23-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X