X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Talisa

Originally posted by talisa View Post
    @R17
    if you edit the autoexec.cfg with notepad or such you can turn all the unwanted effects and features off
    Alright, I'll try that. I'll figure it out eventually. In the mean time have a good evening.

I'll inform once I got this cracked.

Comment

• to talisa

Actually, can you give me the steps to edit the autoexec.cfg? I,ve been adjusting with the consle, but it did not save the changes.

Comment

• You have a "Quake" folder, and in that folder you have an "id1" folder where you have the "SMC mod" installed... in the "id1" folder is a file called... "autoexec.cfg".

OPEN that file with a text editor(notepad or equivalent). Once it's opened it pretty much explains all the setting for you, all you have to do is change what you want and then SAVE it.

I'd make a backup copy or just know where to get it from the original archive you first used.
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

• To webangel, Damage_Inc, and Talisa

I would like to thank you for the help, things are working fine now my problems are fix, only the last thing to do is adding to hipnotic and id1 since I can't make it fully quake orignal effects, but it make sense if you shot a knight it makes a "clang" noise.

anyway this is actually my first time modding and boy I learned fast!

Warm regards,
          Frost R17

Comment

• Originally posted by soosel View Post
            I tried this pack before.
            all the same.
            maybe it's a glitch in the SMC ? )

Thanks for the help!
            I play the Smith`s Q HD.
            seems your textures doesn´t have normal or gloss mapping
            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
              seems your textures doesn´t have normal or gloss mapping
              about the effects:
              I think it all depends on the version of dp build.
              I patched Smith`s Quake HD to version Mar 4 2013 and the same thing happened. before everything was fine.

Comment

• Are you guys talking about the particles?

I only know these things from Doomsday scripts. But if it is handled like that in darkplaces as well, why not raise the particle generator?
                That should fix it.
                This new darkplaces build seems to be doomed

Comment

• Hello,

Forest ‘LordHavoc’ Hale is the author of Darkplaces.
                  He has the rights to break mod compatibility whenever he wants.
                  It is the mod authors responsibility to fix it afterwards.

The fact, that people dont like to read readme´s (neither engine related nor mod related) makes it even a bit more difficult. As most of the questions are already answered in those.

If you want to use the "small mod compilation" together with DP builds 20130301 and newer, the following might be interesting for you:
                  In these builds, LordHavoc implemented a code change that is no longer compatible with the "custom particle map effect support" of the small mod compilation.

If you did not understand a single word in the above paragraph or do not want to use the "custom particle map effect support", then you can ignore this complete post.
                  If you want to make use of the "custom particle map effect support" and are using DP builds 20130301 and newer, then you should use this:
                  DOWNLOAD

Nobody knows when the next adaption is necessary.
                  Just be sure to contact the mod authors if you encounter anything weird.
                  In most cases an adaption or workaround is possible to keep the mods functionality/feature.

I would also like to take the opportunity to bring your attention to another important change in the DP builds since 20130301 as mentioned in the lower paragraph here.
                  I cannot fully understand why LH did that, because even vanilla Quake will suffer from this.
                  So be sure to check these cvars if you encounter issues in your DP driven Quake.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Kind regards,
                  Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Hello,

The fact, that people dont like to read readme´s (neither engine related nor mod related) makes it even a bit more difficult. As most of the questions are already answered in those.

If you want to use the "small mod compilation" together with DP builds 20130301 and newer, the following might be interesting for you:
                    In these builds, LordHavoc implemented a code change that is no longer compatible with the "custom particle map effect support" of the small mod compilation.

If you did not understand a single word in the above paragraph or do not want to use the "custom particle map effect support", then you can ignore this complete post.
                    If you want to make use of the "custom particle map effect support" and are using DP builds 20130301 and newer, then you should use this:
                    DOWNLOAD

In most cases an adaption or workaround is possible to keep the mods functionality/feature.

I would also like to take the opportunity to bring your attention to another important change in the DP builds since 20130301 as mentioned in the lower paragraph here.
                    I cannot fully understand why LH did that, because even vanilla Quake will suffer from this.
                    So be sure to check these cvars if you encounter issues in your DP driven Quake.

Kind regards,
                    Seven
                    hello seven very interesant post my friend. the different builds of darkplaces are different! IN fact my incoming game Dead Morning just work correctly with a unique beta release!!!

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Hello,

DOWNLOAD

Kind regards,
                      Seven
                      place in the first post.
                      works fine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hello Nahuel,

Thank you for you post my friend.
                        Yes, LH keeps modders busy with his code changes
                        Adaptions are not always quick to find nor easy to implement...

From my small experience, you should always focus on the last "stable" builds (even though they are sometime buggier than betas or autos)
                        These builds are used by the majority of users and they will use it to play your mod/game.
                        Even though you (like myself) are using a different (maybe "better") one.

I hope you can adapt your game code to the latest DP builds.
                        If not, you should include that specific beta build that you mentioned in your release.
                        And write in your readme about this issue.

We are all very excited to see your new game Nahuel !

Hello soosel,

Be sure to not compare apples with pears in the future. I know it is sometimes confusing which mod is included in which pack. A quick look into the readme sometimes reveales it... hopefully.
                        The DP-content-jungle gets bigger and bigger everytime.
                        Authors are focused on their work. So you also must be careful what to do with this fix you are using now. It is meant for V4.25.

Have fun,
                        Seven

Comment

• Hello Seven.
                          Small Mod Compilation (SMC) is very very biggest file for me because a lot of unnecessary functions for me (i'm so sorry, but it's true).
                          Need [Nailposition + Weather effect] only or your qc folder (I'll make required compile for me)
                          Folder "qc" with nailposition I have.
                          I'll hope for your help.
                          Thanks.
                          Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• Originally posted by ATTACUE View Post
                            Hello Seven.
                            Small Mod Compilation (SMC) is very very biggest file for me because a lot of unnecessary functions for me (i'm so sorry, but it's true).
                            Need [Nailposition + Weather effect] only or your qc folder (I'll make required compile for me)
                            Folder "qc" with nailposition I have.
                            I'll hope for your help.
                            Thanks.
                            check the second or first release

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel
                              check the second or first release
                              Need [Nailposition + Weather effect]
                              Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• Ithink you just need to pull out the ent files in the smc dl the new one and just use the stuff in 00 weather .ent files seven made the set up nice you can turn almost anything and everything on or off. or not use it

Comment

Working...
                                X