No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanx for your instructions in the JD's QC thread seven, thanx to your instructions i could fix the nails position in both HIPNOTIC and ROGUE myself

seeing as attacue was interested in this too, here are the progs for those fixes.
    they fix nails position of nailgun and lavanailgun, and the rogue progs.dat also includes the elevator and plasma-gun fix, used seven's QC from those fixes and added the nails position fix to it

nails position-fix hipnotic+rogue & elevator+plasma-fix rogue

thanx again for the help seven
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi, everyone. I hate to bring the bad news again, but I still encounter bugs in SMC...
      I keep using SMC in Quake because - as Seven constantly repeats - IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE GAMEPLAY, it simply adds a lot of cool new features. Even the new spider model randomly replacing one of the baddies hardly changes any gameplay.
      OK, here's my problem:
      I'm using the latest DP build (March 4th) and the latest SMC (4.25) with the hotfix. Now, every now and then I see "a ghost of me" or I'd better say of the gun in my hands. I think it happens when I should a lot of monsters rapidly, a ghostly "semi-transparent" copy of my gun shows up next to the real one in my hands, and I see the slowed-down version of the "shooting frames" + it swirls. First it point straight ahead, and then slowly turns right or left till you can see the whole lenth of the gun model. Still the game doesn't hung up. Finishing the map fixes it all. Another bug is scrags waiting for me inside walls/windows, but I'm not sure if it's an SMC issue...
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• ive encountered this bug a couple of times myself too, the one with semi-transparent weapons showing up on the hud,
        which seems to slide horizontally when you walk around

no clue what seems to cause it cuz i havent found a way to be able to replicate the bug,
        it just from time to time seems to happen at complete random
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello hgdagon,

Thank you for your post.

Regarding your described issue no.1 "ghostly hud weapon":
          Unfortunately I never saw this myself.
          It seems to happen really seldom, otherwise more people would mention it.

So, without knowing what the root cause is, disabling this cvar should 100% get rid of this issue:
          set invisibleweapons 0

Regarding your described issue no.2 "scrag sticking in walls":
          That is most probably related to the DP build you are using.
          You maybe have read about the DP cvars: "sv_gameplayfix_" in this forum recently.
          If you are using replacement monster models, this issue can happen even more often.

So, either use a DP build before 20130301 or enable DPīs "sv_gameplayfix_" cvars again.
          Start with these 2, as they are known to bring issues with replacement models:
          sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag "1"
          sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox "1"
          Continue enabling all other "sv_gameplayfix_" cvars as they have been before DP 20130301, if you still encounter issues.
          This console command shows you all of them (and a description of what they do):
          apropos gameplayfix

Hello Frost R17,
          Thank you for your kind words.

Have fun with your Quake.
          Seven
          Last edited by Seven; 05-05-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
            thanx for your instructions in the JD's QC thread seven, thanx to your instructions i could fix the nails position in both HIPNOTIC and ROGUE myself

seeing as attacue was interested in this too, here are the progs for those fixes.
            they fix nails position of nailgun and lavanailgun, and the rogue progs.dat also includes the elevator and plasma-gun fix, used seven's QC from those fixes and added the nails position fix to it

nails position-fix hipnotic+rogue & elevator+plasma-fix rogue

thanx again for the help seven
            Thanks to Talisa and Seven))
            Seven, please add this fix to 1 page (main message)

To Seven
            Originally posted by Seven
            Please excuse my harsh words in my last post, but I spend a lot of time in creating the readmeīs.
            All is good.
            I'm understand you.
            Sorry for my bad english

Comment

• @seven
              I have only one sv_gameplayfix cvar enabled (modelrealbox) and maybe that's the issue. I'l try the invisibleweapon fix you suggest. Thank you. If that (God forbid!) happens again, I'll try to make a video.
              MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Man, have there been some progress since my last visit or what! Dayyum!
                Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Originally posted by ATTACUE View Post
                  Thanks to Talisa and Seven
                  Seven, please add this fix to 1 page (main message)
                  I always have big trouble when posting new things in 1st post.
                  The max digit of 1200 is reached and I always have to delete something, when posting new things.

The nail-position fix for MP1 and MP2 is taken from SMC, but is of course totally independent. Splitterface can (just like Frost R17) create a new thread if she wants. Not everybody likes the "small mod compilation". But the nailpositions missalignment is as it seems something that botheres a lot of people.
                  So i think a thread of its own is not a bad idea... maybe ?

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                  @seven
                  I have only one sv_gameplayfix cvar enabled (modelrealbox) and maybe that's the issue.
                  Yes, I think so.

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                  I'l try the invisibleweapon fix you suggest. Thank you. If that (God forbid!) happens again, I'll try to make a video.
                  I hope not.

Originally posted by Ghostbreed View Post
                  Man, have there been some progress since my last visit or what! Dayyum!
                  Only small things.
                  But where have you been so long ??
                  Playing other stupid games like Crysis 3, eh ??

Comment

• as seven suggested, ive made a new thread for the nail-position fixes:
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...ion-packs.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Only small things.
                      But where have you been so long ??
                      Playing other stupid games like Crysis 3, eh ??

Not too small
                      I've been playing other games for awhile, System Shock 2 and the Doom series to name a few but then my hunger for Quake grew too strong so I went back here. To the (in)sanity
                      I did play Crysis 3 too but that game is far too new for me
                      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• seven do you have a the old smc qc when nails in the wall first got added? i used the qc at inside3d but it sucks it even tells you it needs to be fixed. i have the latest smc qc and i am trying to find it in there but you got so much going on i get a little over whelmed if you do have a older smc i could look at that would be grate if not ill get it at some point. thanks for giving us the coad for all the work you do it has been a great teaching tool for me.

Comment

• Hello Ghostbreed,

"insane" people are always welcome

Hello JDSTONER,

I would even go one step further:
                          It is not understandable when people release mods without source.

We must be more than thankful that id-software made us the gift and released their source. Imagine they didnt do it... we would still play buggy glQuake.
                          In my opinion it is even part of GPL to always include source, when we use idīs as our base.
                          Nahuel also always includes the source in his files.
                          That is a question of courtesy

Now back to your question:
                          Yes, I have all "small mod compilation" releases on my harddisc.
                          Unfortunately I started to write a "change-history" since Ver.2.5 (and not earlier).
                          If I am not mistaken, the "nails-stick-in-walls" was included in SMC with Ver.2.0.
                          And it was reworked in Ver.2.7. So Ver.2.7 source is what you need.
                          I will go on holiday in a few hours, but when I come back on monday I will send it to you.

Very important to know:
                          ALL projectile spikes in Quake (from your guns, wizards, hellknights and chton) share the same code in the end.
                          So, if you want to also introduce these blingbling spike effects (like particle sparks or smoke) in your mod you most probably want to seperate the monsters spike code from the ones of your gun !
                          If you do not do that, then also the wizards spikes will stick in walls and still spawn their particle effects.

So, you have several options here:
                          - totally seperate monsters spike from weapon spikes (SMC does it)
                          - introduce a new param, that will be forwarded into the nails code and stop the particle effects when monsters projectiles stuck in walls.
                          - dont use any particle effects for monsters spikes

You can in the menatime think about which way you want to go.
                          I will be back on monday and send source of Ver.2.7 to you (or maybe someone else has it and can send it).
                          Or you use the current Ver.4.25 source and try to pick the code that you need.

Another important thing:
                          If you are working with code, I highly suggest to use a comparism-program.
                          Without a software, that compares 2 different files with each other, you will have a much harder time to see the difference. Believe me.
                          I use "Beyond Compare V3" myself, which is shareware. But you can also use "Winmerge", which is freeware. It does its job also good.
                          During comparism you can edit both sides/files and/or copy-paste between files.
                          You only need to put the vanilla 1.06 id-software source on the left and SMC Ver. 2.7 on the right side.
                          You will then have a wonderful overview what the difference is.

OK, I stole enough of your time. Thanks for reading.
                          Good luck and see you on monday.
                          Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

Not everybody likes the "small mod compilation".
                            I did not say I didn't like your SMC's, I like it. It's just that my laptop could not support the new effects. Why I have this laptop? It was a graduation gift to help me in my college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frost R17 View Post
                              I did not say I didn't like your SMC's, I like it. It's just that my laptop could not support the new effects. Why I have this laptop? It was a graduation gift to help me in my college.
                              what the configuration of your pc ?

Comment

• Originally posted by soosel View Post
                                what the configuration of your pc ?
                                That I do not know. But it is an Acer Aspire model 5253 with:
                                AMD dual-core processor C-50
                                15.6 HD led LCD
                                AMD Radeon HD 6250
                                4 GG DDR3 Memory
                                500 GB HDD
                                DVD-Super Multi DL drive
                                Acer Nplify 802. 11b/g/n
                                6-cell Li-ion battery

But Quake with darkplaces alone and with some bug fixes does work well on my laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                X