Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

I've never seen this before!!! This guy totally belongs to Quake!!!!

P.S. I like his black/grey color, but maybe a little more yellowish like the walls/rocks?? I'm judging only by these screens, he looks cool in his grey, but sort of, may be, "a strangers among his owns..."
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

To add new/custom additional ones (example for the soldier):
      1.) Give them unique names, like "soldier_leg.mdl"
      2.) Add the line into army_die function (below the other 3 gib lines):
      ThrowGib ("progs/soldier_leg.mdl", self.health);
      3.) Add as much as you want.
      I think, this is what I need
      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• "precaching" is also a good idea

So please add this line into the monster_army function (to stick with the "soldier" example):
        precache_model ("progs/soldier_leg.mdl");
        Place this line right below the other precache gib lines there.

If you do not precache (can be translated as "preload") your model files, you will get in trouble.
        Darkplaces has a "precache anywhere anytime" extension, but vanilla Quake not.
        So, precaching in the respective/particular monsters spawn/main function is the way to go.

Have fun,
        Seven
        Last edited by Seven; 05-13-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• thanx for your detailed explanation on how to add custom gibs to monsters seven
          thanx to you i was able to change which models are spawned when gibbing grunts and make my custom gib-models be spawned instead of the normal ones

noticed though that the corpses didnt seem to spawn the correct gib-models when gibbed, but after some puzzling i found out that you seem to have forgot to mention something.... you also need to add some lines to world.qc

at line 853 in world.qc, you'll find this
          Code:
          	if (autocvar_gibsmultiplier == 1)		// if 'gibsmultiplier' doesnt exist in autoexec.cfg, or if 'gibsmultiplier' is set via autoexec.cfg to '1'
          		{
          		ThrowHead (self.netname, self.health); 
          		if (self.netname == "progs/h_spider.mdl")
          			{		
          			ThrowGibSpider ("progs/gib_spider1.mdl", self.health, self.skin);
          			ThrowGibSpider ("progs/gib_spider2.mdl", self.health, self.skin);
          			ThrowGibSpider ("progs/gib_spider3.mdl", self.health, self.skin);   	
          			}
          		else
          			{
          			ThrowGib ("progs/gib1.mdl", self.health);
          			ThrowGib ("progs/gib2.mdl", self.health);
          			ThrowGib ("progs/gib3.mdl", self.health);

you need to add an extra block to that part to let the engine know to also spawn a different set of gibs if the monster being gibbed is the grunt, like this:
          Code:
          	if (autocvar_gibsmultiplier == 1)		// if 'gibsmultiplier' doesnt exist in autoexec.cfg, or if 'gibsmultiplier' is set via autoexec.cfg to '1'
          		{
          		ThrowHead (self.netname, self.health); 
          			{		
          			}
          		if (self.netname == "progs/h_guard.mdl")
          			{		
          			ThrowGib ("progs/grunt-arm.mdl", self.health, self.skin);
          			ThrowGib ("progs/grunt-leg.mdl", self.health, self.skin);
          			ThrowGib ("progs/grunt-torso.mdl", self.health, self.skin);   	
          			}
          		if (self.netname == "progs/h_guard1.mdl")
          			{		
          			}
          		else
          			{

also, same thing at line 613:
          Code:
          if (gibscounter >= maxgibs)
          	return;
          else
          	{
          		{		
          		}
          	if (self.netname == "progs/h_guard.mdl")
          		{		
          		}
          	if (self.netname == "progs/h_guard1.mdl")
          		{		
          		}
          	else
          		{		
          		}
          	}
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Holy Sh**

@talisa
            You definitely have what it takes and you are making a dream come true for me!!

@Seven
            You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and energy!! Utmost respect to you and ALL OTHERS WHO CREATE!!! Check your pm

All of this new stuff is just what I needed to bring me back from my depression of late.. (Seven & Webangel thanks for being friends)

I love Quake

Comment

• @gdiddy
              thanx a lot, i just found out what i jsut said by experimenting and poking through the QC files searching for another instance of the 'throwgib' command in the other QC files included and found that block i posted and looked at it and instantly realized what it did and changed it to define different models to be spawned when gibbing a corpse of a grunt
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa
                May I ask if it is possible to "rough-up" the edges of the gibs a bit? They look as if they were cut too cleanly (torso)..just an observation from someone who IS appreciative of all the work and creativity here!!

You need to make tutorials for this as Seven did. I'm glad to be back!!

Comment

• good work talisa!
                  try doubleing your arm and leg coad so it dose it twice so you have a right and left just a thought

Comment

• @giddy
                    glad to have you back too gdiddy
                    missed you around here on the forums

erm yeah i can look into that some time, should be possibly by just adding some polys and moving them a bit to make it seem more rough.

but ill look at that another time, first ill be making more gib-models of other monsters

about making tutorials... hmmm mebbe some time i might. its real simple, just takes like half an hour or so for each gib.
                    very easy and quick since you are just simply slicing off a part by stitching the end closed, removing the rest of the monster model and then remapping the stitched-close end of the gib to use a different part of the texture

@JD
                    hmm nah, i kinda like it right now, i think it fits better.
                    its a big explosion, not all parts of the enemy that gets blown up would remain intact

Comment

• A litle offtopic...

Where can I get this scrag skin? I've seen it before in other screens/videos but never came across it...

Comment

It shows that you understood how the SMC works.
                        Oh, yeah! It took me a while. First it was such a mess in my mind, a whole bunch of new stuff and I had no idea what they were. It's a whole lot simpler now when I know what each cvar stands for. The stupidest thing I did when I first downloaded SMC was that I put every .ent file in the maps folder and yet wondered why the FPS went down. I don't use ent's anymore (well, not start.ent at least). I did ask a lot of stupid questions, but You, Talisa/Spliterface, Web@ngel and a few other people were always there for me. Thanks for that guys, you did give me a big push!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hgdagon View Post

Where can I get this scrag skin? I've seen it before in other screens/videos but never came across it...
                          its not a skin, its a replacement model, from the shamblers castle doom3 mod,
                          from which OoPpEe has converted several monsters to be usable in DP
                          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...axe-added.html

also, about what i said about world.qc, after some testing i found out it was bugged this way,
                          and i found out you need to use 'else if' instead of 'if' each time
                          Last edited by talisa; 05-14-2013, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Hello,

The new flying "Afrit" monster has been sent to interested beta testers.
                            May they burn you down with their fireballs ...

If you have suggestions, ideas, feedback please dont hesitate to post them here.
                            It helps to improve it.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            ... after some puzzling i found out that you seem to have forgot to mention something.... you also need to add some lines to world.qc ...
                            The "Throwgib" code inside world.qc is not vanilla Quake. SMC uses it.
                            I wanted to help hgdagon to understand where he should start looking for. I didnt know you want to edit the code too.
                            SMC makes many things different and many of them are evil
                            But it is good that you found the corpses code.
                            Just be careful with if/else lines as you already noticed.

Nice custom gibs by the way

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                            I love Quake
                            You are NOT alone my friend

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                            A litle offtopic...

You are using the "small mod compilation", right ?
                            Why dont you take a look at the included 'Starter Kit' ?
                            You will find it in there too. Preconfigured and Ready to be used in your Quake without the need to hassle with annyoing renaming of files.
                            It is just a drag and drop to help you to enjoy the multiskin/multimodel feature.

By the way, you will also find skins in it, which are not released elsewhere

Have fun with your Quake,
                            Seven

Comment

• I must complain a bit First let me state that I know I can turn off various CVAR's if they don't appeal to my taste. Now when we have that out of the way, I don't really like the psycho effect when picking up the Quad or Pentagram. Sure, Ranger gets almost godlike but this effect looks more like he's high on drugs When I read about the CVAR I pictured myself the demon mode vision from Painkiller, that would've been alot more cool.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for letting me vent
                              Last edited by Ghostbreed; 05-15-2013, 08:36 AM. Reason: Added PK screenshot, other fixes
                              Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• @ghostbreed
                                i actually think its pretty awesome myself, the psycho effect.
                                reminds me of dooms invincibility screen effect, when the whole screen would turn to negative colors

also @ seven
                                i would comment on the afrit, but i didnt really have much time at all to test it, cuz ive been busy preparing to go on vacation tomoz. but i was able to give it a quick look.

so ill share my first impressions:
                                the vertexes seem extremely swimmy, they go all over the place, especially on the face its horrible. and the shoulders could use some work too to fix that, but the face is most important to fix imo. the vertexes of the face go all over the place, it looks really bad

and perhaps its an idea to make the afrit shatter into pieces of rubble when he hits the ground? he's supposed to be made of stone, so it would make sense for him to shatter when he hits the ground, just like he does in hexen if i recall correctly.
                                so try implenting that? that he shatters into rubble when he hits the ground after dying?
                                Last edited by talisa; 05-15-2013, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X