Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi marco.nadal.75,
    you can use a mirror from talisa. Her mirror is a bit faster than rapidshare.

ATM I know 5+ repacks with Sevens and community work (Incubs and Smith faithful packs, Xomoro, Attacue , other guy called HitmanVash, and some others)

Do you really think there must be one more?

@Seven,
    Thank you very much for one great another update and some cool new features.
    I love your work - please let the creativity keep going on!
    Last edited by webangel; 09-17-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• recently put some new ram into machine, and it defaulted darkplaces settings completely lol

how do you execute water movement and reflectivity? what cvar or..

the portals and water/etc are back to flat non moving kind of water

thanks lol

using water/bubbles+slime updated for 2013 64 bit build btw

edit. took out the old ram, put in some gskill ripjawx's (made the jump from ddr2 to the high end ddr3 lol) , but 4 some reason that defaulted dp's user settings lol..

Comment

• r_water 1 enables DP_pretty_water
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Yet another build?

Originally posted by webangel View Post
          ATM I know 5+ repacks with Sevens and community work (Incubs and Smith faithful packs, Xomoro, Attacue , other guy called HitmanVash, and some others)
          Do you really think there must be one more?
          Hmmm, yes, point taken. I updated my Quake Epsilon build with new content from these forums, I thought might be nice to update it to a new version number over at moddb.com. I now think I should at least post there first to see if there's any interest in keeping it up-to-date.

I'm glad there was one to get me started.
          I'm aiming for HD content whenever possible.

Sometimes I see stuff ingame, like the squid or a mutant panther and think "where did that come from?" I like to be surprised like that.
          Makes tinkering very addictive.

Comment

• I have installed alisa's fish multimodel/multiskin from this thread (http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...sters-smc.html)
            The file is called 'ZzZzZz99_fish_4-skin_ruohis_sean-V2__ID1-2reforged.pk3'

I deleted the fish.mdl from the .pk3 and replaced it with ijed's fixed fish.mdl, but it still does that weird face-shrink-brain-swell thing. I tried deleting config.cfg and restarting darkplaces.exe, but that didn't do it.

Also I saw squids shooting ink, is that the hydra? It surprised me! :-O

Another thing, I have applied all of alisa's multimodel/multiskin packs and set the multiskin numbers as instructed, works great in quake, but now the ogres in rogue expansion are invisible.
            Does quake go by the rule that if you start it with a mod, like
            darkplaces -game <gamedir>, then
            id1\autoexec.cfg, id1\pak*.pak, id1\*.pk3 get processed first, then
            gamedir\autoexec.cfg, gamedir\pak*.pak, gamedir\*.pk3 get processed second, and any variables and assets in \gamedir\ will overwrite matching variables and assets in \id1\?

Do I understand this correctly?

Thanks for your time!

Comment

• i am the creator of those multi-skin packs

what you are doing wrong is that you replaced fish.mdl from that pack, that is the hi-poly fish model from ruohis, and not the ID1 fish model.
              if you want to use the fixed low-poly model with my pk3, instead rename the fixed fish-model to fish1.mdl and replace the fish1.mdl in the pk3 with that one, instead of replacing fish.mdl

also, the problem most likely you are having with the mission-packs is how you start them up.
              the mission-packs should not be started with parameters -game foldername but instead with -hipnotic or -rogue

also DP will first load everything from ID1 folder and then everything found in MP-folders will overwrite what is found in ID1 folder. if you do not use the same replacement model for rogue too you will get problems cuz the hi-poly ogre for normal quake uses skin-files, and if you use the old ogre model for rogue DP will not know what to do with the command given in the skin-file

solution:
              scroll down to the bottom of first post in my multi-skin thread, and download and install the ogre+multi-G ogre pk3 i have linked there into your ROGUE
              http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post108523
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello Seven,
                is it possible to make a cvar to switch the player model incl. the sounds?
                Could this be interesting also for multiplayer / coop players?
                Last edited by webangel; 09-20-2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArDaMaX View Post
                  love this 4.50 so far!! can't wait to see it implemented to Hipnotic/Rogue
                  Once it proved to be bugfree that is the next step.
                  The QC is already done for both mission packs.
                  Waiting some more days for bug reports...

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                  I always repacked the updates with the base one, anyway... Thanks God, I didn't delete the mission pack versions yet
                  I have reasons to not release the 3 SMC-packs this way.
                  For the experienced user (like you) it is done quite quickly.
                  But for the others it will bring lots and lots of issues (as most people use a mix of various compilations)

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                  Hello Seven,
                  is it possible to make a cvar to switch the player model incl. the sounds?
                  Could this be interesting also for multiplayer / coop players?
                  I do not play multiplayer a lot, so I have no experience what the multiplayer want/request and what not.
                  I think the pants/shirt colors must be taken in account when creating the textures.
                  DP supports multi-color textures as you know.

Choosing a different player model is very simple though.
                  As long as all models consist of all animations, the model name is quite unimportant.
                  The QC edit to make this is really small.
                  I just tested it with capnbubs player model, Ruohis´s model and ID1 player model.
                  It works robust. Please send me a mail if you want to tinker with it.

=========================

Hmmm, why nobody told me, that the shotguns and the lightning-gun still spawn TE_ particles on those skies ? That is now fixed (as well as all additional Mission pack weapons like laser, lavas and multies.
                  Hehe, also the proxies dont stick on skies anymore LOL)

I will wait some more days for potential bug reports, before releasing all mission SMC packs.

Kind regards,
                  Seven

Comment

• Thanks Seven,
                    please mail me the code changes.

Idk if this is something for multiplayers also too!

Comment

• i think it would be absolutely awesome if the SMC would have multiplayer features implented too

Comment

• Hello,

You can now switch your player model with this cvar:
                        Code:
                        set player_model 0	// 0= use player.mdl / h_player.mdl    1= use player1.mdl / h_player1.mdl    2= use player2.mdl / h_player2.mdl    3= use player3.mdl / h_player3.mdl     4= use player4.mdl / h_player4.mdl

This is focused on single player chasecam-view of course.
                        This should also work in multiplayer, as long as the server also uses this mod.
                        If the server does not use this mod, you will most probably not see your maids new models. But you should test it nevertheless.

I tested with with these player models (see also screesn below):
                        0= ID1 model
                        1= capnbubs model
                        2= Ruohis model
                        3= Moo´s (OoPpEe´s edited) model
                        4= Quakegirl with Amon´s skin

You can of course use any other model you like...

set player_model 0:

set player_model 1:

set player_model 2:

set player_model 3:

set player_model 4:

If you also want to change/use new sound sets according to your player model:
                        It is just a small extension of this mod and can be done.
                        But all models are male (except the girl-model), so it might not be necessary...

Kind regards,
                        Seven

Comment

• Wow, this was fast Seven.
                          Thank you!

Comment

• neat

Comment

• Hello,

Isnt it a pity that in single player you cannot see the beautiful player death animations ?
                              With a small QC edit, it was possible to switch to a mixture of 3rd person and top-down view during the death sequences of the player.

I think that makes the dying scenes a little bit more spectacular, while you can still look around at the monsters that killed you... ready to click the "quick-load" button to take bloody revenge

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uok05g-BmU]Quake chasecam deathanimation - YouTube[/ame]

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• awesome, death-cam for quake!

reminds me of the death-cam like in ROTT and like you can have in some doom-engines like Zdoom

i totally love it

Comment

Working...
                                X