No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Mr. Burns for the youtube link.

The "bullet-time" feature seems to be the central topic of May Payne 3 it seems.
    The complete game is build around it.
    I am still not quite clear what exactly webangel wants to be implemented into Quake.
    - Is it the slowdown of time, when pushing a button ?
    - Or the trails that appear on the flying bullets ?
    - Or the 3rd person view or the view following the projectile until impact ?

Many things are possible, but not all.
    Anyhow, this is rather a personal modification, which she and I can work on, as it is very specific and would not be accepted by the majority of Quake players I guess.
    But why not fork a SMC build and make something new with it ?

Hello talisa,

What makes you think that the issue that you described has something to do with the "small mod compilation" ?
    Please, before you report bugs, always try vanilla Quake.
    You will then quickly see, that this issue you described is not related to the "small mod compilation".

How many cells are you able to pick up in game ?
    Is it 100 or 200 ?
    Did you every had cell ammo higher than 100 ?

The all weapon cheat "impulse 9" gives you 200 !!
    It could also give you 666, or 2547 cells...

It doesnt matter how many ammo you give yourself with a cheat, you will only be able to pick up ammo boxes, when your ammo count is LOWER than the max allowed !
    And the max allowed is clearly defined in void() bound_other_ammo =
    And that value is 100 for all ammo types, except nails (which is 200).

So, this is not related to the SMC.
    This has always been this way in Quake and both mission packs.

For example:
    JDStoner gives himself the Quad everytime when he uses "impulse 9"
    You can declare what you want to give yourself with "impulse 9" here: void() CheatCommand =
    That is also the line where you see, that it gives you 200 cells:
    self.ammo_cells = 200;

I think reason for this was, that nobody can survive with only 100 cells

Thank you for bug reporting, but please always make sure that the bug is related to the SMC first.

Have fun with your Quake.
    Seven

Comment

• AND 250 HEALTH

i read some where modding the ammo count over 200 some was bad for the hud... but that may be old news
      EVERYONE NEEDS TO SET THERE AUTO CARVS TO:
      set evil_faces 2
      AND GO PLAY FOR MY BABY'S 3
      https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/fmb3.html

Comment

• @seven
        heh whaddayaknow, i never noticed that the impulse 9 cheat gives you 200ammo while the normal max ammo-count for LG is 100.
        just tried it again and see now what you mean.

still even then i assume its not supposed to happen that when you pick up ammo for any other weapon then LG the game changes the current ammo for LG to 100 if its higher then that?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
          AND 250 HEALTH

i read some where modding the ammo count over 200 some was bad for the hud... but that may be old news

The original HUD can only display 3 digits.

But, if one is crazy, you can give yourself values with more digits (example: 5286).
          In-game it will then behave like an old truck, which does not have the 1 million miles digit counter and already has 2,5 million miles driven.
          You will only see the last digits on your counter

Here is a shot where the impulse 9 cheat gives you 777 cells:

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
          EVERYONE NEEDS TO SET THERE AUTO CARVS TO:
          set evil_faces 2
          AND GO PLAY FOR MY BABY'S 3
          https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/fmb3.html

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          i never noticed that the impulse 9 cheat gives you 200ammo while the normal max ammo-count for LG is 100.
          just tried it again and see now what you mean.
          You should play with less cheating

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          still even then i assume its not supposed to happen that when you pick up ammo for any other weapon then LG the game changes the current ammo for LG to 100 if its higher then that?
          It is supposed to happen because of what I mentioned in my above post already:
          void() bound_other_ammo =
          is the key...

Please read the weapons.qc and it will answer all your questions.

Impulse 9 is not meant for playing Quake. It is meant to walk through levels and test things.
          If you do not like it this way, simply reduce the cheat-cell-amount to 100 and all your issues are gone.

Regards,
          Seven

Comment

• yeah i only use it for testing, not for normal playing. when i play normally i dun use cheats
            what victory is achieved in winning if it is done by cheating? none

as said, i found it out while testing the hi-poly sword-models i made for rogue a couple days ago
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• please,god... no....

Forks in Quake1 are a fucking bane on this game imo.

Version A,B,and C with minor differences just causes turmoil in QuakeLand from what I have witnessed over the years.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Hello,

Since the release of Ver.4.50 is was tinkering with some things/ideas.
                Version 4.50 gives a good and solid base to start experiment with new features.

Two of them, we talked about a few days ago already:
                1) optional chase / upsidedown camera when player is dying
                2) multi-model feature for player models

I would like to talk about three new ones today (which are focused on visual playing experience):

3) visible player legs (aka lower half of the body) when looking down
                In original Quake´s 1st person view, you only have your v_weapon model and sounds, which reminds you of being a human being.
                And even the v_weapon models (except axe) don’t include/show any body/arm parts, hehe.
                When looking downwards, you only see thin air (no feet/legs or anything), so you seem to hover/float above the floor.
                But still, your character casts mystical shadows of a human being to the world…. Spooky isn’t it ?
                And you hear footsteps when you walk/run… Is this you, or an assassin/ninja behind you ?

I wanted to change this and tried to add a living/animated lower body part into 1st person view.
                A body, that exactly matches the shadow, that you see in-game (which seems to somehow belong to yourself).

4) Making traveling with teleporters more impressive
                Teleporters in Quake bring you from one part of the map to another part in no time.
                The original sound and particles when that happens is already nice and implies something "special".

I was searching for an additional visual "strechted" animation, which shall represent the immense power and maelstrom/pull of such a teleporter.
                I was thinking about stretching/zooming the players view for a second, like he is really pulled (!) into the target destination.

5) Adding some extra particle effects to teleporters in general
                Now that we have the possibility to add shaders to all Quake materials/liquids (incl. teleporters) I was inspired by several ideas to boost the teleporters a little more.
                Sock had a nice idea of adding particles/models that are soaked into or come out of teleporters for example.

I tried to add such a visual with DP´s particle system. But I wanted to do it right this time:
                Without the necessity to add effects via stupid .ent files into maps. QC should help to bring them to ALL teleporters at once.
                Fortunately it was possible with some small tricks.

I tried to add all 3 new things into one clip. Hopefully you can properly see them in it...
                It would be great if you could give some feedback to help improving them.
                (Maybe lengthen the teleporters visual "strechted" animation a little bit ?)

Thank you very much.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM-03k_VsVY]Quake SMC Ver 4 55 preview - YouTube[/ame]

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

• visible player legs is very nice!
                  i agree it always looked silly that when you looked down you didnt see your own feet, so its nice to see you're adding this feature
                  you should add different version though of the legs, one which uses the legs from either OoPpEe/M00's or ruohis player-model, so there is also an option for people who prefer hi-poly over original

the teleporter particle effect is also neat!
                  ive actually been thinking about adding a similar particle effect a bunch of times

and the slight zoom-ish effect is also nice, reminds me of doom3 a bit
                  although i think you should keep it very short.
                  making it to long will slow down gameplay and might become bother-some after a couple times

anyway, cant wait for the next update, and to be able to have these new features all in quake

Comment

• i like the effect on the tell port doors! do you think you can do something to the lava in the qc too. with the ent files lave looks grate in id maps but i play fan made maps so much more. if you could use this same trick of fancy up the lava in maps with out the ent files it would add a lot to the environment of maps with out smc ent files.

i would ask you to consider two things that i have seen in the HD qc that is not in the smc.
                    1. name of the map when you start the level to pop up
                    2. option to skip the demo video on start up.

how do the feet look when your leaving bloody foot prints when your low on health?
                    did the vanishing enforcer idea get dropped?

keep up the good work! you always keep quake fresh!

Comment

• Map name display is a feature of the hud mod and skipping demo is an engine feature, you can use both with Seven's SMC.
                      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Love the feet! Teleport idea is good but needs more 'depth" if possible. I don't know how to explain what I mean Seven. I can't decide if the way the shader effect is a bit outside the gate walls is what is throwing me or...? I'm probably confusing everything with my words.

Comment

• Thanks smith ill look more in to that. some day i will have a computer that can play the quake hd without running at 10fps

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            visible player legs is very nice!
                            i agree it always looked silly that when you looked down you didnt see your own feet, so its nice to see you're adding this feature
                            you should add different version though of the legs, one which uses the legs from either OoPpEe/M00's or ruohis player-model, so there is also an option for people who prefer hi-poly over original
                            Hello talisa,

This is a "small mod compilation". It doesnt prescribe what replacement files someone uses. So it can never cover all existing versions. Simply replace the player_legs.mdl model with the one you are personally using and it will work.

i like the effect on the tell port doors! do you think you can do something to the lava in the qc too.
                            Hello Josh,
                            You will see it, when you look into the source after release.

i would ask you to consider two things that i have seen in the HD qc that is not in the smc.
                            1. name of the map when you start the level to pop up
                            2. option to skip the demo video on start up.
                            to 1.) This is a CSQC modification from dresk´s kleshik, which Nahuel extracted into the Custom HUD with CSQC
                            to 2.) Didnt I tell you to read the DP-wiki ? This is the shortcut extension if you are using DP:
                            darkplaces.exe +startdemos

did the vanishing enforcer idea get dropped?
                            What do you mean exactly... I seem to forgot about it

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                            Love the feet! Teleport idea is good but needs more 'depth" if possible. I don't know how to explain what I mean Seven. I can't decide if the way the shader effect is a bit outside the gate walls is what is throwing me or...? I'm probably confusing everything with my words.
                            Hello Jeff,

Yes, the youtube clip can only give a rough idea.
                            If you want, I can send you the files for deeper testing.

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions.
                            Seven

Comment

• Hello Planetnine,

It is good that you are becoming interested for these kind of things
                              But relax, it all does exist already, hehe. Please read post this post again.

1.) Dresk had the idea and included this feature into his kleshik mod.
                              Nahuel brought into into a CSQC-HUD-only mod (based on this work)
                              Unfortunately that thread was auto-closed due to the silly function in this forum after 1 year inactivity.
                              You seem to be a moderator or similar.
                              Please unlock it again, so that discussions can be continued about this topic there.
                              It seems, that this is the last working download of the CSQC-HUD-only-mod:
                              DOWNLOAD

This is how it looks in-game (works in SP and MP):

2.) The skip-demos-command is a standard Quake command.
                              When using the command +startdemos in your engines shortcut, it brings you directly to the main menu (just like when you abort demos).

Looking forward to your fresh ideas and suggestions for the "small mod compilation".

Comment

• thankyou guy for telling me about the hud. sounds like i will be able to have everything in quake the way i like it. http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post134893 this was the enforcer idea http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post134893

i thought it looked kinda cool so i was just seeing if that was still on the table...

out of the new set of ideas i like the tella port one the best!

now that you put a few of your tricks in to soe will the SMC come in drake now too? haha JK not relay
                                Last edited by JDSTONE; 10-03-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X