Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Josh,

Ahhh, you mean the "Predator style" enforcer...
    The linked post describes quite detailed how to bring this feature into the game.
    I think this should be enough for others to use it, if they are interested.

I did not include it in the "small mod compilation" because of the fact that there are several replacement models available with different formats.
    That makes it impossible to write a universal code for all.
    Just like Nahuels Quad-damage v_weapons effect. Do you remember ?
    The big amount of different replacement sets in different formats makes these kind of mods impossible to be coded universal with only ssqc.

But I am very confident, that you can implement these effects into your personal mod without problems. You have proven it many times already.

Regarding the Drake mod:
    There are only 2 words that needs to be mentioned: Patrick Martin
    He is the coder for both mods: Soul of Evil and Drake
    Drake has its roots in his Dragon mod, which he expanded into Drake.

So, if you compare the SoE source with the Drake source you will quickly see the same handwriting and style of Patrick.
    The code is, due to the fact, that it uses the same new monsters, very similar!

It is always interesting for me to read sources from different coders.
    The good coders often have their unique styles. Like Patrick has.
    Dresk (which uses a very similar style like LordHavoc) has a very different way to code.

But sorry, I start getting offtopic.
    If you want to bring the "particle flames" into the Drake mod, it is done exactly, yes exactly the same way as it was done in the modified SoE.
    The code passage is identical in both mods !
    So, pick the modified source and copy/paste the new lines into Drake mod.
    Thats it...

It somehow suprises me, that the latest Drake build (from 20110624) is so rare on the interent. Even quaddicted hosts the Drake version from 20110129.

Knowing that you like to code with dragons a lot:
    You should forget everything you heard about dragon coding.
    Use Patrick´s dragon source code and you have the best available.

============================

By the way:
    Talking about different model sets. There are always more jewels to find:
    (c) Julian Morris (aka monkey rat)

Comment

• Is that demon model going to be released Seven?? Its great.

Comment

• yeah it looks great indeed.

after doing some research i found that 'monkey rat' is plague, who also made a whole set of weapon-models and such
        on his site you can find more pics of the model, but nowhere any download, neither on his quake-models site nor on his portfolio website

either way, here is link with more pics of the model:
        Fiend/Demon remodelled from quake1

on quakeone plague is known as 'plagued monkey rat'.
        we should all go send him PMs to release that model
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Talisa,
          Can't the diffuse, specular and norm from that website be used? Isn't it just the hd model many are already using?

Comment

• Hello Jeff,

As I wrote, it is Julians model. Not Obi Wan´s. Julian´s textures do not fit on Obi Wan´s model. Tea Monster recently explained the process that would need to be done in another thread (for what you asked).
            Anyhow, the shape of Julians model/texture would fit better to ID´s model rather than Obi Wan`s.

I am sure that, independent to the condition Julian´s model will have, if it gets released, there are many talented modelers available to do the animation if necessary.

Quake is such an old game
            I think we can wait several days/weeks longer, right ?

Comment

• haha of course i didnt really intend to bug him about it or such.
              hence the wink at the end, cuz it was a joke

hope he'll release the model soon, and that once he releases it an animator will step up soon to animate the model and get it in quake

i sadly wouldnt be able to rig and animate such a complicated model yet, otherwise i would totally do it myself once julian releases it. but my skills with blender do not encompass rigging yet, not doing such complicated animations.
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @Seven,
                We must have posted at the same time. Otherwise I would not have asked my question...lol
                Hope to see this model soon though.

Thanks!

Comment

• I can see what you are saying about handwrighting stiles cose your work sticks out in soe code. looking at the code i was like well theres seven right there.

was it just me or did you change the explosions a bit too they seem to not slow down my computer as much. i would guess that you have a good computer with out all the fps issues like i do so i will let you know that the other thing that kills my fps with the smc is the vengeance attack after the monsters are dead. i love the effect so i always keep it on and deal with it and i bet i could change it on my end.

@talisa you did a good job with the animation of your sward i used it last night! your gonna be ready for monsters in no time! and i think i rember MG saying if you made a model and animated it he would beat all of quake with it. we should hold him too this!

seven and talisa you both do a lot to make this game fun for me and helping understand how it work so i can have more fun with it. a tip of my hat to both of you

Comment

• Hello,

I would like to hand out the V4.55 beta version today.
                    If you like, you can give feedback and help to improve things for the final V4.55.
                    And if you find a bug, please report it.

There is a detailed readme.txt included.

Link removed due to new SMC release

===================

Hello Josh,

Do you mean the Vengeance of the deceased effect ?
                    I cant recall that someone ever reported performance issues with it, as it does not use particles. But it uses additional hellish-red light sources, which might be the problem on your end.
                    To get rid of it, please go in each monsters .qc files and scroll very down (you will see the comments).
                    Delete all these lines:
                    self.glow_color = ...
                    self.glow_size = ...
                    It will take away the moody/spooky ambience, but it surely will help in your case.

Best wishes,
                    Seven
                    Last edited by Seven; 10-20-2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: Updated Download Link to "BETA 2"

Comment

• Oh GOD!!! Seven, you've added so many cool things to the SMC, i have no idea what to comment about. I didn't have time time to test the 4.50 (and the new 4.55) but 'm already excited by the screens and videos. Will throw a hell of a comment when I've tried!
                      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Dear all,

Just a quick addition to the "extra teleporter particles":
                        They are now also available for the huge round end-map-teleporters, the slipgates and "black holes" at the end of maps.
                        Using a bigger particle effect diameter than the regular teleporters.

I updated the V4.55 Beta download in my post above.
                        I thought you might want to test them too....
                        Sorry for the inconvenience.

Here are some screenshots.
                        I like the effect for the "black holes" end maps the most...

Hello hgdagon,
                        Thank you. Have fun playing / testing.

Kind regards,
                        Seven

Comment

• just testing it right now!

really liking the player-legs visible when you look down, makes the game seem a lot more real

teleport zoom-view is also awesome, really cool effect which adds some flair to using teleporters

the teleporter particles are also very nice, really like this effect.
                          makes it look like its sucking in whatever gets close, which is also what happens of course if you get close.. "woosh" and you get sucked in and teleported! and the zoom-effect only adds to that idea, these two effects work perfectly together

death-cam i havent tested yet, but will soon, and ill give comments on what i think of it in a lil bit

i had a lil request about the teleporter-particles though if i may.

i really like this effect, but i already added the 'rising-stars' effect to my slipgates everywhere through ent-files, so i wouldnt want this extra particle-effect added to top of that on slipgates too

so could you please add an option so the particles only spawn on teleporters and end-episode portals?

EDIT: also i just noticed that the effect spawns in front of the nightmare portal too in the start-map, which seems a bit odd cuz its lava.
                          mebbe you could look into making it so that it doesnt spawn the effect there?

oh oh, or... make it so that on the NM-portal and the lava-portal in the end-map it spawns red/orange particles instead which might look a lot cooler cuz the portals have lava in them
                          Last edited by talisa; 10-06-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• shazaam

took ruohis hi-poly player model and fixed it so its usable as player-legs for the new 'show playerlegs in 1st person view' feature
                            so that those who prefer HD over original ID1 models have a HD hi-poly option too

> DOWNLOAD IT HERE <
                            Last edited by talisa; 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• 3 person dieing

from what i am seeing if you die and you have the camra set to show the 3person death and quit right after dieing the chase cam info gos to the config file. so when you restart the game the demo is in 3 person and resets to first person in the start map.

not a big deal... but if you die like befor and start a new game you just got off of quake injector such as abyss of pandemonium (that i tryed for the first time last night) the config file in the new game will pick up the chase active cam and you haft to go pull that out of the config file of the new game.

the other thing that could be changed is to still have that free look option after you die so you could look around the world to see what is going on. sometimes its the guy right in front of you that kills you and some times its the guy hiding on the second floe dropping bombs on you. with the way its set now you cant see the guy on the second floor.

i hope that tells you what im seeing and found.

i did run up to the exploding box in e1m1 and gibed my self i like how the cam tracks the head gib. when nova saw it his face lit up and he wanted to do it again! so this mod is both enjoyed by the old school quaker and the next generation too!

the tellaports are just amazing i love them!

so there are my 2 penny's worth of thoughts

Comment

• to add to what JD found, i found something else with the deathcam...

the deathcam feature keeps resetting both 'chase_back' and 'chase_up' to defaults on startup,
                                and trying to adding lines to autoexec.cfg to set them back to desired values doesnt work

ive changed both of those values from default cuz i prefer different values and its annoying to have to set them back to my desired values whenever i wanna use chasecam.

i rarely use chasecam but its still not good the deathcam feature keeps re-setting those values to default rather then the values i set them to

Comment

Working...
                                X