• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE 20140119

Version V4.60 Release

New Features:
    1.) optional: Monster bleeding when wounded
    2.) optional: shambler can make the ground shattering and kickup dust when he walks/runs
    3.) optional: Custom health pick up models and particle effects for NONE-Base maps
    4.) optional: New player effects when health is low, like:
    - Hearing his own heartbeat at low health, that starts to pump quicker and louder when health gets really low
    - Aiming (crosshair) starts to suffer when seriously wounded and gets worth when health gets really low
    5.) All monster properties are adjustable (like health and damage values)
    6.) All player weapon attack/damage values are adjustable
    7.) Players maximum ammo carry capacities are adjustable (incl. impulse 9 cheat)
    8.) Medikits + armor + ammo + backpack values/contents are adjustable

Updated features:
    9.) Optimized start map effects and effect-counts

Please find updated links in 1st post.

Have fun,
    Seven

=================================

Coming back from an asia trip, where the monkeys are not squeamish when it comes to beautiful young ladies
    (and when you look close enough on their faces, you will see, that they are just like us humans )

Comment

• nice

cant wait to see the shamblers new effects and to have psychikons awesome flask-models instead of the normal med-kits in quake

as usual ive made a dropbox mirror for this update
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/zukg24tsbn...n-20140119.rar

EDIT:
      the heartbeat and increased swaying of the camera when health is low are very nice
      nice lil touch to let the player 'feel' they are not doing well
      Last edited by talisa; 01-19-2014, 07:32 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• was just playing with new update for SMC and got some ideas to extend on the new health-pickups feature

on picking them up it felt kinda odd to hear quake's normal pick-up sounds.
        why not add it that these new items use different sounds when picked?
        like the ones you hear in heretic when the same items are picked up

also seeing as you implented small and large health pickups from heretic,
        why not also implent the mystic urn from heretic as optional replacement for the megahealth?

and i think the sound from hexen when you pick up a piece of the puzzle would work great as sound for picking up the urn if you'd make it replace the megahealth
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Well,I installed this,changed my shotgun damage to 5 and it works great except for rogue.
          It doesn't change anything,and if I use the optimized start I can't play DoE at all,and it's only DoE that this happens to.Quake and Scourge run great with the new start,but I can't move weapon to the right in Scourge but that's normal I think.Thank you very much for this though,it's appreciated.

Comment

• @seeker3
            That is because the update has only been implemented with the new features for Quake. The mission packs will follow soon I'm sure.

EXCELLENT Stuff Seven!! As always!!

Comment

• Thanks gdiddy,that explains it.And Thanks again Seven,I've never had an issue before,and now I know the issue was me not thinking before I posted.And I now second the Excellent part!!

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you for your comments.
                I hope you will have some fun with it.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                was just playing with new update for SMC and got some ideas to extend on the new health-pickups feature
                on picking them up it felt kinda odd to hear quake's normal pick-up sounds.
                why not add it that these new items use different sounds when picked?
                Yes, Josh also had this idea when we talked about the custom pickup models. If you look into the qc source, you will find the preparations for it. I didnt find a suitable "drinking" sound, so I left the original ones for now. You can implement any sound you want. Just remove the // of the commented out qc lines and finish it. It is not difficult. self.noise is what you need.

also seeing as you implented small and large health pickups from heretic,
                why not also implent the mystic urn from heretic as optional replacement for the megahealth?
                I like the actual animated pumping heart as megahealth replacement too much
                But if you want, you can exchanging it with a different model quite easily, as the code already is done. You will find a lot of comments in the code, that will help you to change the right bits.

Best regards.
                Seven

Comment

• downloaded! thanks for the update. im deep in nehahra right now so i will give it a play when i make it back... i dig the enforcers extra skills in it... i think the "drink sound" needs a cork popping open before the chug... IDk...

Comment

• Wow, kickass update Seven!

I have a suggestion (since it didn't seem to appear to be an option when I looked); could the next update have the option to set translucency for specific monsters? I'd like the make the Spawn and Hell Spawn translucent but not the rest of the monsters.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing, the most recent version post in the first page of this thread doesn't have a hotlink, it's just bolded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      2.) optional: shambler can make the ground shattering and kickup dust when he walks/runs
                      Well, as far as Shambler is one of my favorites, you've got my deepest compliments, Seven!!

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      3.) optional: Custom health pick up models and particle effects for NONE-Base maps
                      Oh, wow! This one's soooo.... well it makes sense so much that I wonder why nobody's ever thought about it before... I mean I never even thought of it myself, like "what the hell's an ammo box doing in a castle???"

Anyway, can I ask one more feature? I only recently started playing with multiskinned monsters (thanks to a recent post). So I'm wondering if you can add a feature of "varying" the skins gradually during the episodes. Like E1 - only 1 skin, then E2- add another "type of the same monster" etc... or something similar, like E1M1 - 1, E1M2 - 2... Is this possible?
                      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Bloody footprints when walking on a pool of blood (both monsters and player), like the old Duke Nukem 3d?
                        Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• What's wrong with rapidshare? All I get is a "welcome to nginx" message...
                          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @HG
                            seems to work fine to me... but im not a fan of not-so-rapidshare.
                            it used to be a great filehost long ago, but nowadays it just sucks imo

anyway, if it dun work for you, you can always try my dropbox mirrors, which can be found in my signature
                            dropbox has no stupid limits and fast download speeds

why'd you remove the link to my dropbox mirrors out of first post btw seven?
                            this way a lot of people wont have any clue there's also alternative downloads available (which are on a much better file-host)
                            Last edited by talisa; 01-22-2014, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              seems to work fine to me...
                              Tried again. Still the same. Probably my country is blocked

you can always try my dropbox mirrors, which can be found in my signature
                              dropbox has no stupid limits and fast download speeds
                              I'm well aware of your mirrors, Talisa. I'm a long-term follower of this thread And I'm a proud DropBox user myself, so...

Anyways, I just keep hoping there's gotta be something it the "not-so-rapid-share" if Seven still faithfully sticks to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                                im deep in nehahra right now so i will give it a play when i make it back... i dig the enforcers extra skills in it...
                                Yes, nehahra. Much better choice.
                                I am also a big fan of it. All the nice gameplay twists ... great !
                                The zick-zack running soldiers and enforcers are almost too tough though (at least foe me, hehe).
                                One of the best feature is the simultaneous running+shooting !

Be sure to also play nehahra mods successor maps. They are also very good:
                                - "The Tides of War" by elek
                                - "Permutations of the Rotten" by kona
                                - "The Snowy Dream" by vIE888 (very new)
                                There are also some others which I didnt play yet.

Originally posted by Lava Grunt View Post
                                I have a suggestion (since it didn't seem to appear to be an option when I looked); could the next update have the option to set translucency for specific monsters? I'd like the make the Spawn and Hell Spawn translucent but not the rest of the monsters.
                                You do not need to wait for the next update for this small change.
                                Look into the source folder and open tarbaby.qc
                                Replace this line:
                                Code:
                                	self.alpha = autocvar_monstertransparency * 0.01;
                                with this:
                                Code:
                                //	self.alpha = autocvar_monstertransparency * 0.01;
                                	var float autocvar_monster_tarbaby_transparency = 100;		// set cvar 'monster_tarbaby_transparency' default to 100 (100% = fully opaque).  Set the percentage how much transparent the monsters shall be (0= fully invisible). Choose any value you want between 0 and 100
                                	self.alpha = autocvar_monster_tarbaby_transparency * 0.01;
                                Save file, compile with fteqccgui.exe and put the new "progs.dat" to where the mod is.

Add this line into your autoexec.cfg (to edit tarbabies transparency):
                                Code:
                                set monster_tarbaby_transparency 100	//  Set the percentage how much transparent the monsters shall be ("100"= fully visible/opaque  "0"= fully invisible/transparent). Choose any value you want between 0 and 100

Originally posted by Lava Grunt View Post
                                Oh and one more thing, the most recent version post in the first page of this thread doesn't have a hotlink, it's just bolded.
                                Max character limit reached !

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                                can I ask one more feature? I only recently started playing with multiskinned monsters (thanks to a recent post). So I'm wondering if you can add a feature of "varying" the skins gradually during the episodes. Like E1 - only 1 skin, then E2- add another "type of the same monster"
                                The monsters skin (if enabled) is randomly chosen at map start.
                                The "small mod compilation" is designed to also work with all other maps, which does not need a custom progs.dat. So hardcoding map names is what I am trying to avoid.

But you can of course change/edit the number of monster skins/models you want to use, anytime you want. It will take affect at the next map start.
                                So, the best way to achieve what you want is:
                                Before jumping into the episode-slipgates in start map, save your game.
                                Make your cvar edits, load your game and jump into it.
                                Now you will play through that episode with the given cvar value (number of monster variations).
                                If you want, you can also/even play every map with different monster variations.

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                                Bloody footprints when walking on a pool of blood (both monsters and player), like the old Duke Nukem 3d?
                                The extra amount of blood which comes with the "small mod compilation" is already quite huge. I remember a user, which aksed for multiplication of spawned gib models. You will also find this cvar in the autoexec (it is called "gibsmultiplier"). You have the "fleshsplat" option, which spawns chunks of bloody meat when shooting monsters; and last but not least "bloodextension" which spawns a lot more blood when killing, gibbing, etc.
                                The players and new monsters-bleeding should create enough blood on the floors on top of that
                                But there are always people who cannot get enough blood

why'd you remove the link to my dropbox mirrors out of first post btw seven?
                                Max character limit reached !

I have to completely rework the 1st post and make it a bit more easy to read i guess.
                                Gaining some chars is desperately needed. For every new release I have to delete/rewrite a lot of existing lines...

Best regards,
                                Seven
                                Last edited by Seven; 01-22-2014, 12:19 PM. Reason: yummi yummi

Comment

Working...
                                X