Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But there are always people who cannot get enough blood

YES STILL NEEDS MORE!!! LOL

I DID FIND A SECRET SLIP GATE BACK TO E1M1 JUST GIVE THIS A BIT OF A TEST RUN!

could drunk mode be more extreme? its hard to notice when your running...

SENT YOU A MAIL FOR YOU ENJOY

Comment

• @seven
      ah yeah, post limits can be annoying.

for my drake-mod thread ive had to go and edit pictures a couple times to combine several pics into single pic cuz of the max pics per post limit which is also annoying

@JD
      you can always try increasing v_iroll_cycle, v_ijaw_cycle and v_ipitch_cycle to make the speed of DPs drunken view faster

also, the drunk view only is used while you're standing still. if you are moving around the drunk view wont be used
      the normal cvar for it is called v_idlescale for that reason, cuz its only used while you are idle
      Last edited by talisa; 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
        A SECRET SLIP GATE BACK TO E1M1
        Did I miss something?
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
          Yes, nehahra. Much better choice.
          I am also a big fan of it. All the nice gameplay twists ... great !
          The zick-zack running soldiers and enforcers are almost too tough though (at least foe me, hehe).
          One of the best feature is the simultaneous running+shooting !
          Can we accept this as a hint that Nehahra will be "officially" supported in future builds?
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• lol no hgdaron i was just speaking smack! i know it was gonna take a few days or so befor i got a chance to play the smc...

Comment

• What happened to the weather effects section in autoexec? I can't disable the fog or rain. It would be cool if you put that back in. Also, I'm getting additional afrits that spawn with monsters even though I set it to 0. Looks like I'm rolling back to 4.55.

Comment

But there are always people who cannot get enough blood
                We played Doom! There we had levels with RIVERS of blood! Still, for some reason the bloody footprints is an almost unseen feature.

[Whineer mode on]
                It seems my ideas for SMC are never good enough What is wrong with me?
                Last edited by ezzetabi; 01-23-2014, 05:00 AM.
                Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

If you look into the qc source, you will find the preparations for it ..... You can implement any sound you want. Just remove the // of the commented out qc lines and finish it. It is not difficult. self.noise is what you need.
                  thanx seven, i was able to easily add custom sounds for the new health-pickups to the QC myself thanx to knowing which line i needed

EDIT:
                  and replacing the megahealth cross with the urn and making it have a custom sound as well was just as easy once i knew how to do it
                  Last edited by talisa; 01-23-2014, 07:58 AM.
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• We should start a place for Mods of SMC.
                    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                      could drunk mode be more extreme? its hard to notice when your running...
                      Yes
                      You also seem to use an advanced text editor for your modding.
                      So, please open client.qc and jump to line 1122.
                      That is where the fun begins

I was not sure how people would like this feature, so I kept it moderate.
                      We do not want Quake players who have to vomit, do we ?

Exchange values "3" and "7" to your personal ones.
                      Warning:
                      Everything above "20" leads to serious illness

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                      SENT YOU A MAIL FOR YOU ENJOY
                      Thank you, I will have a look..

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      the drunk view only is used while you're standing still. if you are moving around the drunk view wont be used
                      No, it is always active.
                      Try "20" and you will see it better.

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                      [Whineer mode on]
                      It seems my ideas for SMC are never good enough What is wrong with me?
                      Hello ezzetabi,

Please be more patient. We all do these things in our free time, because it is fun.
                      Normaly, after releasing a new version for ID1, I wait several days to see if bugs are reported.
                      Which does not seem to be the case for V4.60.
                      Next step is to add the update to mission pack 1 and 2 SMC-versions (like gdiddy mentioned).

Normaly, approx. every 3 month a new SMC update is made to ID1.
                      Do not worry, I already wrote all your suggestions on my ToDo list.
                      I like the resurrecting monsters idea a lot. After a random time to make it hard to "guess".

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      thanx seven, i was able to easily add custom sounds for the new health-pickups to the QC myself thanx to knowing which line i needed

and replacing the megahealth cross with the urn and making it have a custom sound as well was just as easy once i knew how to do it
                      Quake is a really good game to learn how to start modding, as it is quite easy (compared to others). And that includes QC as well.
                      We always have to be thankful to the great engine coders to give us the possibility we have today.

Originally posted by ezzetabi View Post
                      We should start a place for Mods of SMC.
                      ... with that mess of code in SMC ? Good luck.
                      But seriously, the source is always included and I add a lot of comment lines, to be able to follow my weird way of doing things in QC.
                      Not only for others, also for myself, to understand which devil made me do things the way I did after looking at it 1 year later.

Kind regards.
                      Last edited by Seven; 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

No, it is always active.
                        hmm really? i thought it was only active while standing still cuz the cvar for it is called 'v_idle',
                        which i assumed meant it was a feature which was only active while the player is standing still and thus is 'idle' as the name of the cvar says

also yeah QC isnt to hard, names of most of the functions in QC are very much self-explainatory
                        and QC seems to be a very simple and basic coding-language compared to other coding-languages indeed

im still always amazed at everything you manage to do with QC though,
                        every new feature you implent is brilliant and awesome

Comment

• im still always amazed at everything you manage to do with QC though,
                          every new feature you implent is brilliant and awesome
                          Agreed

Comment

• just had a crazy idea for something to extend on the medieval items thing....

how about also making the armor have a custom model in non-base maps?
                            like making it instead be replaced by a medieval breastplate, like something like this

or perhaps something like this, which is less fancy but still looks great

and perhaps it could have some fancy symbol or logo on it which is colored differently
                            for each armor-strength instead of having the entire model be colored

i know the original model already has some 'medieval-ish' things on it like the pauldrons,
                            but imo it still looks quite modern, which doesnt make much sense either in a medieval map.
                            in the same way it dun make much sense that there would be scifi healthboxes in medieval maps

EDIT:
                            just did some searching and found 2 not-bad free 3d-models of breast-plates, which are like the 2nd pic
                            http://www.123dapp.com/123C-3D-Model...r-ver-E/597286
                            http://www.123dapp.com/123C-3D-Model...r-ver-B/597461
                            Last edited by talisa; 01-25-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Hello Talisa,

Interesting idea. With lots of possibilities !
                              One of my foot is a little outside of Quake at the moment...

So please, let me say it with Lara´s words:

When you look into the mirror. What do you see ?

If you have a new idea, but feel lost somehow and uncertain what to do.

Grab your things together and help yourself.

Be strong, hold on to your idea and concentrate on the essential.

And you will be ready for the problems that may occur.

And you will get over all issues with ease.

Changing something that was "old" into something new.

Please look into this clip (at 1:05 minute):
                              Some years ago I had a quite similar idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isXjuZ6qrpk]start_map_small_additions.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Actually I think you have everything you need to make it happen.
                              Use the health model code for the armor as well.
                              If you need any help, do not hesitate to ask.

=====================

The last days, 2 games have been released for which I waited impatiently.
                              Beeing a great "round based strategy" games fan, like Heroes, Disciples or Kings Bounty series, as well as good "role playing" games. I cannot afford to miss these:
                              Blackguards
                              Might & Magic X - Legacy

When watching the below Might & Magic X - Legacy trailer, it feels a LOT like Legends of Grimrock, which (as many of you know) influenced the SMC quite a bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wet5YL1YvDo]Might and Magic X Legacy -- Gameplay Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmSJ1iFx5zA]Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I am sorry for offtopic, but I wanted to mention that one half of me is now experiencing some new things...
                              I am sure it will be a good inspiration.

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• ..In all fairness Seven Grimlock is heavily influenced by Might & Magic and many older other games! I've been playing games like that since Dungeon Master in 1987, M&M games since Might & Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen in 1993 and Anvil of Dawn is a 1995 to name just a few. Grimlock looks nice and I'm sure its just as fun as it pays 3D homage to those type of games.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VSVaJOemEU"]Dungeon Master game play[/ame]
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtDpEApofs"]Might and Magic III[/ame]
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtE454u4T5M"]Clouds of Xeen game play[/ame]
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovKEe8GRo0g"]Anvil of Dawn game play[/ame]

Don't you just love how the old become new again?

BTW liked you pictures. Were you in a wax museum?

Thanks again for SMC.

Originally posted by Seven View Post

The last days, 2 games have been released for which I waited impatiently.
                                Beeing a great "round based strategy" games fan, like Heroes, Disciples or Kings Bounty series, as well as good "role playing" games. I cannot afford to miss these:
                                Blackguards
                                Might & Magic X - Legacy

When watching the below Might & Magic X - Legacy trailer, it feels a LOT like Legends of Grimrock, which (as many of you know) influenced the SMC quite a bit.

Might and Magic X Legacy -- Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

Legend of Grimrock Pre-Order Trailer - YouTube

I am sorry for offtopic, but I wanted to mention that one half of me is now experiencing some new things...
                                I am sure it will be a good inspiration.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X