No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice work! What about that predator style shader you showed some time ago?
    Are you planning on including that as an option for the ring of shadows?
    Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• i love the new effects for 3rd person i like
      Option 2 (Nahuel´s Quake3 effect)
      sucks to hear that the particle-shield dose not keep up with the player running that looks so cool!
      the transparent player for the ring would be a big help in playing 3rd person.

keep up all the good work!

Comment

• I like option 2 for the ring of invisibility. All others I like as well and if the particle can't keep up with the player probably not an option IMO. It would be great to have all and choose via cvar! Excellent work Seven..can't wait!!

Comment

• for ring i like the semi-transparent model,
          and for quad i like nahuels Q3A effect

i like the particle-shield for pent and it would be fine with me if it didnt 100% keep up with the player

id say add all those options in though, so players can pick which effect they like more.
          think some players might prefer the tinting cuz its more subtle
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
            It would be great to have all and choose via cvar! Excellent work Seven..can't wait!!
            (1)

They all looks great, but each player will have his favorite. So if won't be possible to have a cvar system to choose your prefered effect, you will have to choose for us, cause I don't think that will be a consensus about it!

--//--

My choice is: 2 for the ring, 2 for quad and 2 for penta

--//--

A lesson for the future, you shouldn't give us choice! :p
            Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• The color tint is my favorite for quad and invulnerability. For invisibility I like the original eyes too much. I like them because it makes sense, if the eye is invisible the light pass through the retina and you cannot see
              However the predator-like effect would be the best.
              Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• yeah the predator-like effect for invisibility would indeed be cool.

but would that even be possible in DP?
                to have a shader enabled when invisibility is active and have no shaders enabled at all normally?
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Really superbs.... phewwwwww!

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you very much for your ideas and posts.

vegetous is right, it is impossible to find a *best* way... people are too divVerent.
                    I think i will have 3 steps then. Original / additional / additional+

I am trying to optimize (time-wise) the pent-shield effect. Lets see if we can make their lifetime short enough to be able to better follow the player and dont draw trails...

The predator-effect is not robust enough, or I am doing it wrong. Throwing r_water shaders on models is generally not a very good idea I guess (even if you leave out reflections). New DP builds work, but it is not robust enough.
                    Talisa, it is just a simple switch of skin 0 to 1. The rest is handled by the shader.
                    Very similar to how pain-skins work in principle.

Comment

• could you place a ball model over the player and get a simler effect using a animated skin. idk if you have ever miss label a skin on a model but if you have 2 skin0 they flash back and forth maybe something like this would work but the particle effect would be best

Comment

• UPDATE 20140309

New Quake Full version V4.72 Release

New Features:
                        - optional: Shalrath´s missiles are shootable. Missile properties are adjustable via cvars.
                        - optional: Visible weapons (vwep´s) in 3rd person mode and in 1st person mode mirrors/reflections
                        - optional: Various powerup effects for player in 1st and 3rd person mode to choose from
                        - optional: Interactive crosshair --> Changes crosshair/color when aiming at monsters considering individual weapon range
                        - Added custom replacement 'weapon set' as example for powerup effect usage. Transferable for any replacements incl. instructions.

Updated features:
                        - Corpses are gib-able with Axe now (!! Hurray !!)
                        - Axe attacks can move gibs now
                        - Added more variations for slipgate particle effect
                        - Magical pentagram (after burning corpses) can restore adjustable health points now
                        - Updated 'Starter Kit'´s
                        - support for upcoming particle effects on ammo, health boxes and world weapons
                        - weather effects and custom map effects can be enabled/disabled
                        - Improved 'visible legs' implementation in 1st person mode
                        - fixed: corrected 'weapon on right side' feature
                        - fixed: Quad effect shader wasnt ended/disabled during intermissions
                        - fixed: rain sounds without rain
                        - fixed: Hellknights head stays red when gibbed during magic attack phase
                        - some minor improvements

Please find updated Download links in 1st post.

Here are some more details and video clips, so that you do not need to buy a pig in a poke:

Shalrath´s shootable missiles:

You can optionally make shalrath´s missiles shootable with this addon.
                        Missile health and teleporting radius are adjustable via cvars.
                        The clip shows the default health: 30 and teleport radius when shot: random max. 50 Quake units.
                        It is of course easier when you reduce the radius or disable it completely. But with these values they are still deadly if you are not a good shooter with high reflexes.

It gives a new twist/experience to shalrath fights... and it is really fun to shoot them
                        [feature is disabled by default, but I love it...]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_M3-ehRasg[/ame]

Interactive crosshair:

I had the idea of an interactive crosshair, which reacts to the individual selected weapon and its specific range towards enemies.
                        If the enemy can be shot/reached with the selected weapon, the crosshair turns green. If not, it turns red.
                        Some weapons, like axe, lighting gun and grenade launcher have a limited range, which is taken into account.
                        This might be useful for some players.
                        The feature is independent to the used crosshair and works with any crosshair.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6im9Zs789qs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake interactive crosshair - YouTube[/ame]

3rd person view_weapons and powerup effects:

This will give you the possibility to see your current weapon in 3rd person mode.
                        It is already known in the multiplayer scene as 'vwep' models.
                        But it is only 'really' supported by ezquake/nquake engine as far as I know.

You will also find a new cvar that enables additional effects for 1st and 3rd person view when picking up powerups. The clip shows some of them. To get an overview for all effects, you can visit this post which has additional screenshots. Or you can also try them all by yourself

Thank you to Ruohis for his wonderful models and to Nahuel for his quad effect idea.
                        On request, I also extended some effects to 1st person view_weapons (see detailed included readme for more info), as this is the mode we usually play in, right ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGzv1k8uvbA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake 3rd person view weapons and powerup effects - YouTube[/ame]

I hope some people will enjoy it.

Have fun,
                        Seven

PS: I had to delete a lot of text/characters in the opening post of this thread.
                        Max. characterlimit is reached...
                        Therefore I would like to recommend the new Beta DarkPlaces build here in this post.
                        It has extended effect limit support !
                        Download here for 64-bit lovers
                        Download here for the rest of us

================================================

At the end, the mandatory postscript:

Some reactions to it:

Last edited by Seven; 03-09-2014, 03:05 PM. Reason: Updated to V4.72

Comment

• Comment

• I dig the crosshair option

At the end, the mandatory postscript:
                            NO MONKEYS ??!!?? lol

Comment

• I enjoy the SMC update, but I can't try the new Darkplaces build because it was only compiled for Windows and Linux, not for Mac. If I had the XCode source for a Mac version of the 2014 build, I could try compiling it. But for some reason, the build package endorsed "Windows/Linux/Mac OpenGL build" was completely lacking in Apple support.

Comment

• just uploaded the new 4.70update to dropbox:
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdcgbdmiwx...n-20140222.rar

been very busy with diablo3 which i bought last week so i didnt get to trying the new update out yet, but im looking forward to trying out the new features!

Vweps are something ive wanted for ages and ive asked seven for it on numerous occasions,
                                so its great to see they finally made it into the SMC! cant wait to play around with Vweps <3

and im really looking forward to checking out the powerup effects, they look very cool!
                                especially nahuel's Q3A view-weapons effect looks really neat in the clip
                                cant wait to set up all view-weapons i use for use with this kickass effect!

Comment

Working...
                                X