No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job seven nice mirrors(but yellow?). is it original buil-in dp shader? You can add there a small mirror distorion but i am dont know how. I know only litlle bit glsl... BTW: You could use the original window texture + extra normal + mirror and it should look bad ass!

PS:I can help you to do a real nice muzzleflash for the player model... naturally only if you have desire.
    Last edited by Sza; 02-24-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• im pretty sure seven made the window be a flat mirror just for being able to use them to show the Vweps and effects

DP doesnt have any 'build-in' shaders or such for anything

QRP did make hires texture+gloss+normal for the windows and webangel did add a very nice realtime reflection to them in her 'animated-reflecting-overload' add-on for QRP
      http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• q1 ate my fucking post again :/.
        Anyways, It looks very good, the shotgun points at a weird angle though.
        And the guns could all in general, be more "shouldered" that is the butt of the rifles should be pressed up against the rangers shoulder.

Also Im jealous of your weapon switching sounds. Where did you get them?
        Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• Ah nevermind, no it didnt. I posted that at I3D lol.
          Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• well it looks like you busted me about not keeping my mp updated lol i had never seen that skin by webangle you pointed out... in the next smc are you still thinking of making the vlore ball and wrath ball have health? @talisa thanks for the drop box update

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you all very much for your posts and feedback.
              I am very happy about it.

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
              well it looks like you busted me about not keeping my mp updated lol i had never seen that skin by webangle you pointed out...
              Hello JDStoner,
              I write a short summary what was updated/changed when a new SMC build is released.
              Hoping that things dont get 'lost'
              Originally posted by Seven View Post
              All versions V4.55 Release
              [...]
              Updated features:
              - Updated mission pack 2 'Starter Kit' (Thank you Nergal and Webangel !)
              [...]

Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
              ... in the next smc are you still thinking of making the vlore ball and wrath ball have health?
              Around one and half year ago, there was a guy called dancer who wanted to do this.
              In the small tutorial that you find here, I tried to describe the necessary steps.

But yes, this is something which is on my todo list.
              Did you ever play the "small mod compilation" with cvar 'evil_faces' monster enabled ?
              I really enjoy the short teleports to a random near position when you shoot it, like you see it in this small clip.
              This is exactly what I plan to do with the shalrath missiles too.
              This will still keep it a deadly missile, but you are now able to make it 'explode' in mid-air if you are a good shooter and have fast reflexes.
              Yes, I am looking forward to... Thank you for reminding me.

I think I will have to switch the hoster for the SMC builds. A lot of people complain about the download properties...

It almost feels like this:

Have fun,
              Seven

Comment

• Did you ever play the "small mod compilation" with cvar 'evil_faces' monster enabled ?

i havent turned that off sence you put it in. and you know me bigger is better so i uped the scale of the skull to 200%... sometimes you can use the skull to kill the monsters if you can trigger it and get them to hit it by accident. you ever seen a skull eating on a orge wile hes going crazy with his chainsaw? its cool stuff i love monster fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
                  Did you ever play the "small mod compilation" with cvar 'evil_faces' monster enabled ?
                  all the time!
                  Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• UPDATE 20140301

Quake version V4.71 Release

New Features:
                    1.) optional: Shalrath´s missiles are shootable. Missile properties are adjustable via cvars.

Updated features:
                    2.) support for upcoming particle effects on ammo, health boxes and world weapons
                    3.) weather effects and custom map effects can be enabled/disabled
                    4.) two small adjustments

Please find updated Download links in 1st post.

Here are some more details and a video clip, so that you do not need to buy a pig in a poke:

Shalrath´s shootable missiles:

You can optionally make shalrath´s missiles shootable with this addon.
                    Missile health and teleporting radius are adjustable via cvars.
                    The clip shows the default health: 30 and teleport radius when shot: random max. 50 Quake units.
                    It is of course easier when you reduce the radius or disable it completely. But with these values they are still deadly if you are not a good shooter with high reflexes.

It gives a new twist/experience to shalrath fights... and it is really fun to shoot them
                    [feature is disabled by default, but I love it...]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_M3-ehRasg]Quake shalrath shootable missiles - YouTube[/ame]

Have fun,
                    Seven

PS: Next release will be adaption of mission packs to 4.71

Comment

• uploaded SMC4.71update to my dropbox and removed the old 4.70update
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• THANKYOU SEVEN FOR THIS UPDATE!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR OSCAR LAST NIGHT

Attached Files

Comment

• Have you been there too JDStoner ?
                          Why I didnt see you...

The best time was at the after party ....:

Nicole insited to make a photo with me together.
                          ... and I could not deny her request.
                          She is ... hot ! (and really tall)

Thank you talisa for your mirror !

Comment

• you're very welcome seven

if you share files with me when you make any updates to SMC
                            ill keep my dropbox mirrors up-to-date constantly so that you can keep link to my dropbox-folder in 1st post

Comment

• Lol you almost got me...

Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Have you been there too JDStoner ?
                              Why I didnt see you...

The best time was at the after party ....:

Nicole insited to make a photo with me together.
                              ... and I could not deny her request.
                              She is ... hot ! (and really tall)

Thank you talisa for your mirror !

Comment

• Hi Seven!

Did you noticed that the new quad's effect is kept active after you finish the level, during the intermission?

Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X