No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You seriously got me; not only did I think Seven actually won an Oscar, but before this I was completely oblivious to the fact that the Oscars had taken place this week.
    On a more on-topic note, I was wondering if the reasons Seven gave back in 2011 as to why he couldn't make an axe jib a corpse in his mod still apply today. After all the improvements this mod has made since then with ragdolls and combat effects, is melee damage still impossible to deal to dead bodies?

Comment

• Dear all,

There is a good message for this mod:
      LordHavoc has been so kind and raised the max. limit of effectnum´s from 256 to 4096

That should be enough for 2014

He added the extension to a new Beta build:
      Download here for 64-bit lovers
      Download here for the rest of us

Originally posted by vegetous View Post
      Hi Seven!

Did you noticed that the new quad's effect is kept active after you finish the level, during the intermission?
      No I didnt.
      I guess this is not good and should be fixed

Thank you for reporting vegetous !
      That is one of the reasons I always start with ID1 before doing mission packs.

Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
      You seriously got me; not only did I think Seven actually won an Oscar, but before this I was completely oblivious to the fact that the Oscars had taken place this week.
      Are you serious ?
      Her bodyguards would have ripped me into small pieces...
      Even though she told me once, that she liked to play Quake when she was young.

On a more on-topic note, I was wondering if the reasons Seven gave back in 2011 as to why he couldn't make an axe jib a corpse in his mod still apply today. After all the improvements this mod has made since then with ragdolls and combat effects, is melee damage still impossible to deal to dead bodies?
      Yes you are right Mirrorman95.
      I will try and see if I can find a way to do it.
      Thank you for mentioning it.

=============================

By the way, dont try this at home

Comment

• seven hello my friend, currently i am using a "custom darkplaces version" , you just need to rename the "darkplaces.exe" to "smc.exe" to play smc without any commands (you can do the same renaming darkplaces.exe to hipnotic.exe, rogue.exe quoth.exe etc... ) . I think gamemode SMC is very usefull for us !
        if you want i can upload the special darkplaces version (maybee lordhavoc wants to add the gamemode smc to the darkplaces source )
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• awesome to hear lordhavoc has been so awesome to raise the max effectnums!

it was a shame that we reached the limit before and effects had to be removed,
          so its great the limit has been raised by 1500% and we wont have to worry about having to remove effects to be able to use additional custom map-effects and such
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
            Dear all,

There is a good message for this mod:
            LordHavoc has been so kind and raised the max. limit of effectnum´s from 256 to 4096

That should be enough for 2014

He added the extension to a new Beta build:
            Download here for 64-bit lovers
            Download here for the rest of us

No I didn't.
            I guess this is not good and should be fixed

Thank you for reporting vegetous !
            That is one of the reasons I always start with ID1 before doing mission packs.

Are you serious ?
            Her bodyguards would have ripped me into small pieces...
            Even though she told me once, that she liked to play Quake when she was young.

Yes you are right Mirrorman95.
            I will try and see if I can find a way to do it.
            Thank you for mentioning it.

=============================

By the way, don't try this at home

http://www.imgbox.de/users/public/images/uQxvkZY2jN.gif
            Thank you for looking into the matter.

By the way, that new build only contains executables for Windows and Linux, so Mac users like myself are unable to reap the benefits of the new max effectnum limit. I can't compile the included source because every time I try, I get a fatal error about SDL_opengles2.h not being in there. Even when I do copy the .h and the GLES2 folder it refers to to the source files folder, the resulting build causes an Abort Trap: 6 that crashes the game whenever I try to load another map. Is there a problem with Lord Havoc's autobuild process?

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you again for bringing up the old issue: "Axe cannot gib corpses".
              Now, that so much time has past, it was quite obvious why the Axe could not gib corpses:

It wasnt sharp enough !

Fortunately I found a grindstone in the garden and sharpened the Axe again...
              Have fun, dismembering all those corpses into pieces now !

These issues are fixed now:
              - Quad effect shader is ended/disabled during intermissions
              - Corpses are gib-able with Axe
              - Axe can move gibs (which also wasnt possible before)
              - Rain sounds without rain

Link removed due to new SMC version

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
              seven hello my friend, currently i am using a "custom darkplaces version" , you just need to rename the "darkplaces.exe" to "smc.exe" to play smc without any commands (you can do the same renaming darkplaces.exe to hipnotic.exe, rogue.exe quoth.exe etc... ) . I think gamemode SMC is very usefull for us !
              if you want i can upload the special darkplaces version (maybee lordhavoc wants to add the gamemode smc to the darkplaces source )
              Hello Nahuel !

The latest modification is quite important for this mod. I guess the 'special' version doesnt have it ? The SMC also doesnt need a special command, which enables individual settings in DP (like -hipnotic or -nexuiz does).
              So I do not really know/understand what the 'special' DP version is or has....
              There are 3 SMC´s (1 for original Quake and 1 for each mission pack).

Please tell me more about the 'special' DP version.

Thank you for looking into the matter.
              No, Thank YOU for bringing it up again

By the way, that new build only contains executables for Windows and Linux, so Mac users like myself are unable to reap the benefits of the new max effectnum limit. I can't compile the included source because every time I try, I get a fatal error about SDL_opengles2.h not being in there. Even when I do copy the .h and the GLES2 folder it refers to to the source files folder, the resulting build causes an Abort Trap: 6 that crashes the game whenever I try to load another map. Is there a problem with Lord Havoc's autobuild process?
              According to your description, I think Yes. There must be some sort of automagical compiling difference now. As you said, older version are working with your Mac.
              Please contact LordHavoc. He will sure be happy to know about this issue.

Kind Regards,
              Seven
              Last edited by Seven; 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• to compile darkplaces is quite easy this "special" version is useful just for do not run dp with batch o command lines, i mean you just to double click in the darkplaces renamed to "smc.exe" and smc.exe will run the mod in the folder smc with the id1 folder like base i will recompile the darkplaces-smc version to get the amount of particles you need!
                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• @talisa
                  Probably, you're the one I should ask, since as far as I know you're the author of the "Slipgate Stars" addon. How can I use your addon along with other id1/hipnotic effects? Will simple merging the ent/txt files with BCompare do the trick?
                  MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @hgdagon

yes if you wish to use the slipgate stars addon with other effects, you should copy&paste the blocks which slipgate stars use
                    from both ent-files and effectinfo file of maps over to ent-files with which you want to use them in combination with

or you could of course do it other way around.

but yeah, just simply copy&paste both blocks from effectinfo and ent-file for the map from an effect you wanna use into the other ones from same map

the original author of the effect itself is seven. i implented the effect into more maps myself

btw the SMC can now auto-add the effect to all slipgates in maps, there is no need to use ent-files to add this effect anymore!
                    since a few versions ago the SMC has feature implented which will auto-add this effect to all slipgates.

just open the autoexec.cfg and find the line teleporter_particles_slipgates and change it to 2
                    Last edited by talisa; 03-06-2014, 01:27 PM.
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @talisa

Great! I didn't know that (shame!) Didn't play Quake for quite a while.... If those look exactly the same, Id better use the "built-in" effect
                      MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        just open the autoexec.cfg and find the line teleporter_particles_slipgates and change it to 2
                        But then you'll lose the fog!
                        Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• Hello ,Ok I'm back,I haven't played quake in while but I thought it's about time again,about the teleporter stars,and fog is there away to implement both effects? And have the best of both worlds.Thanks

Comment

• @hg eyup! the built-in slipgates effect is the exact same effect as the one in my ent-files

and you can still use ent-files with the effect cvar enabled, so you wont 'lose fog' at all like vegetous thought.
                            enabled the effect-CVAR doesnt disable fog, and you can still use ent-files to have more effects in maps

which also answers dogspydr's question:
                            yes sure, you can use an ent-file to add fog and enable the slipgate-stars cvar to have the stars effect too in the map
                            Last edited by talisa; 03-06-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info talisa.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                @hg eyup! the built-in slipgates effect is the exact same effect as the one in my ent-files

and you can still use ent-files with the effect cvar enabled, so you wont 'lose fog' at all like vegetous thought.
                                enabled the effect-CVAR doesnt disable fog, and you can still use ent-files to have more effects in maps

which also answers dogspydr's question:
                                yes sure, you can use an ent-file to add fog and enable the slipgate-stars cvar to have the stars effect too in the map
                                So you would have to systematically edit every base map's ent file in order to enable "rising-stars" AND "red-fog" effects for slipgates in base maps? Wouldn't it be easier if the SMC had an option 4 for the teleporter_particles_slipgates cvar that allowed both?

Comment

Working...
                                X