No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• totall would absolutely be interested in updated SMC for both mission-packs to 4.72!
    wouldnt know why i wouldnt

been eagerly waiting till you update the mission-packs to 4.72 too so i can have the awesome new powerup-effects in the mission-packs too! <3

varying size... its an interested idea, as long as its only a very subtle difference in size, like between 90-110 percent of normal.

perhaps its an idea to also make enemies have some slightly differentiating health?
    and perhaps base the slight different adjustment of health on their size?

i think that also would be a nice feature to have in general, enemies having health which differentiates a little bit, like 80-120% of normal.
    since i played quake so often i find i tend to know exactly how many shots of each weapon it takes to take down each enemy.

adding a little variety to health of enemies would make things more interesting,
    so that an enemy might sometimes go down with a lil less shots... or sometimes requires a few more shots before it dies

shambler effect... i unno. it doesnt really look much like lightning at all really in your clip, looks more like some kinda superthick energybeam or such
    the double bolt coming from his hands instead of center is a nice idea though!

where did you find this bolt btw? it looks quite neat
    Last edited by talisa; 03-20-2014, 12:02 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hi Seven,
      I'm very interested for MP updates.

I loved this hairy shambler concept. It looks so damn great!
      The sounds are very impressive too.

Comment

• MP updates most definitely wanted!!!

Please!

Comment

• MP updates,please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
            WIP screens:
            They are going to have different strength and attack power, right?
            MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
              This would be nice!

Comment

• while playing some quake a bit, i just came across a bug in the new SMC 4.72

if the player gets gibbed there will be a copy of the player-model spinning at the location where the player died
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjeU_ac6OPw[/ame]

replicating the bug is easy as can be... just be down to just a few points of health and then get hit by a strong enemy-attack or a rocket or such
                Last edited by talisa; 03-22-2014, 08:37 AM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  varying size... its an interested idea, as long as its only a very subtle difference in size, like between 90-110 percent of normal.
                  Yes, that is what I wanted to express with this small picture:

If you walk though the streets you will see that people heights differ around 20% in general (male and female seperated).
                  This will be the default value for this feature. But I do not go beneath original size, as Quake monsters are rather small anyhow. So 100 - 120 percent is default.
                  The rest is adjustable.

If you look at the monsters bbox´s, you will see that they are really a lot bigger than the monster models (especially the height !). This and the fact that SMC should be compatible with all maps, I kept the original bbox size (the monster models will "fit" better into them then), to avoid clipping or stucking issues in maps.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                  perhaps its an idea to also make enemies have some slightly differentiating health?
                  and perhaps base the slight different adjustment of health on their size?
                  That would be just a small extension to this feature code-wise. Health is declared in the same function, so it is only 1 line of code more.

shambler effect... it doesnt really look much like lightning at all really in your clip, looks more like some kinda superthick energybeam or such
                  the double bolt coming from his hands instead of center is a nice idea though!
                  You maybe have misinterpreted the idea (most probably to my bad english).
                  I showed a shambler concept, which I liked and wanted to bring that concepts lightning effect into Quake.
                  The lighnting effect is even a lot thicker in the concept.
                  But, as I said: particle beam, which is highly adjustable via effectinfo.txt
                  So, you could have oriented sparks instead of the effect in the clip, or some pink smoke, or some fluffy unicorns

My idea was only to introduce another lightning effect for the shambler, which is adjustable.
                  But as I see, this idea has not much feedback so it will not be continued anyway.

where did you find this bolt btw? it looks quite neat
                  pm sent

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                  That was not the original idea, but as said above can be extended to it.

while playing some quake a bit, i just came across a bug in the new SMC 4.72
                  if the player gets gibbed there will be a copy of the player-model spinning at the location where the player died
                  short-term solution, use:
                  chasecam_death_view 0
                  And it will not happen anymore.

Long-term:
                  It is a really minor bug which doesnt affect gameplay at all.
                  It sure will be fixed, as it is just 1 line of code. But only in next release (which is not soon).

Thank you for reporting.

Mission pack has been sent (pm).

Best regards,
                  Seven
                  Last edited by Seven; 03-22-2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• My idea was only to introduce another lightning effect for the shambler, which is adjustable.
                    But as I see, this idea has not much feedback so it will not be continued anyway.
                    it looked cool to me i say do it!

you know even hanging out at the park i could not get away from quake! i met a guy who use to do some mapping way back in the day... crazy!

Comment

• Ah seven, I see mapnames are centerprinted : ).

Heres a qc file of mine full of lookup tables for strings that I think makes a lot of features less irritating to implement.

https://gitorious.org/ogh/operationg...ed/netnames.qc

you can ignore the menuID and item_desc stuff, i use that for my draft menu in ogh.

You can also safely ignore getMonsterById, because it relies on monster ID's that I added.

If you dont already have similar lookup tables this might be of some use to you
                      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• @gnounc
                        if you are talking about in what you see in my clip about the map-name appearing on-screen, thats not a feature from the SMC

thats a feature from the CSQC hud by nahuel which was further improved by _smith_
                        http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...edit-tool.html

its achieved through CSQC which is an extended version of QC which lordhavoc implented into darkplaces,
                        it actually looks up the map-name within the BSP itself so it works with any maps made
                        Last edited by talisa; 03-23-2014, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Yes thats exactly what I was talking about. Huh. I didnt realize the mapnames were stored in the bsp. Interesting.

also I'm familiar with csqc huds : )
                          Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• Originally posted by gnounc View Post
                            Heres a qc file of mine full of lookup tables for strings that I think makes a lot of features less irritating to implement.
                            If you dont already have similar lookup tables this might be of some use to you
                            Hello gnounc,

Thank you for sharing your file and work.
                            Having the strings all together in 1 file might be useful indeed.

Originally posted by gnounc View Post
                            I didnt realize the mapnames were stored in the bsp. Interesting.
                            I remember Spike saying to open a .bsp file with a simple text editor.
                            Then search for "worldspawn".
                            It will be found almost at the end of the .bsp.
                            Everything that follows from there on is pretty much exactly what the .ent file is.

The worldspawn block in a .bsp file (or in a maps .ent file) includes the map name in its "message" field.

You will also find this comment in world.qc in worldspawn function:
                            Set message to the level name.
                            Set sounds to the cd track to play.
                            "message" is printed into console when loading a map.
                            So you could also use it to centerprint the maps (= world) name at level start with ssqc.

EDITED:
                            Cobalt has experiemnted with "sounds" as well.
                            He added random cd track playback and overrided the worldspawn block thereby.

Comment

• dude, that shambler's scream!!!!
                              Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• Hello,

I was tinkering with some small things lately and want to mention them here.

1.) pickup waste

Optionally modified the ammo / health pickup behaviour of Quake. If you are an economical person (like I am) you have the option to slightly change the pickup rules.
                                It always bothered me that the ammo crates vanished after picking them up, even though they only gave a very small amount (in case when you are slightly below your ammo capacity). Accidental picking during a heavy fight is another example.

Imagine, you have 93 shells and pick up a big shell crate (accidentaly or not). You get only 7 shells and 33 are "lost".
                                You can now optionally change that behaviour: You will still get the 7 shells, but the crate remains and holds now 33 shells. It will only vanish when it is completely used up.
                                I added an ammo-type related pickup gap of 1 second, in case you are standing inside a crate and are shooting that ammo type. That prevents notifications/pickup overflow.
                                Swift picking up different ammo types has no 'forced' gap.
                                I will play around with it if its really necessary...

2.) crucified zombie variations

Playing with some additional crucified zombie types and other decorative models.
                                Those who know me a little bit longer, know that overloading maps with weird custom models is what I like doing the most
                                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaHOPZKIyFw&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake crucified zombie variations - YouTube[/ame]

Best wishes,
                                Seven

PS: talisa, if the 'player gib issue' is still bothering you, you can throw this line into the beginning of switch_vweps () function in custom_effects.qc. That should fix it.
                                Code:
                                if (self.health < -40)
                                	return;

Comment

Working...
                                X