No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when i saw the post by HG about it, i thought it would be a silly idea, but it actually looks pretty awesome in your clip seven

with about 0.5 transparency it looks pretty f-ing neat <3

i really like it, you should add this to the SMC
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Nice idea.
      What about make some parts of the chton textures transparent and make the lava animation take place in this areas?
      This wouldnt be seamless or so at all but I think it can look quite good as well.
      w@

Comment

• @Seven
        Yes! That's quite good! 0.5 was the best, imo. And it would also be great to have the lava on him to flow in different directions. Sort of "windy" like the portals
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• @Seven

[a bit off-topic]
          Also where's that cool skybox from?
          MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

• Yes, you should add a list of the graphics mod you use.
            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you for your posts.
              I also like a transparency value of 0.5.
              We should not forget that chton normally fires lava rocks constantly, so the effect will not be visible too much anyway...

Originally posted by webangel View Post
              Nice idea.
              What about make some parts of the chton textures transparent and make the lava animation take place in this areas?
              This wouldnt be seamless or so at all but I think it can look quite good as well.
              w@
              Hello webangel,
              I still remember your nice idea for the Afrits wings
              So I am confident that you can give chton a neat looking effect.
              Looking forward to your idea.

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
              @Seven
              Yes! That's quite good! 0.5 was the best, imo. And it would also be great to have the lava on him to flow in different directions. Sort of "windy" like the portals
              Hello hgdagon,
              In my opinion MH did the best looking custom shader for the teleporters in his Quake engine. It looks almost identical to original Quake´s teleporter. His water/lava is amazing as well and doesnt have the original GL-Quake bad texture joins.
              Unfortunately this is way over my head and I even do not believe that a shader like this can be done with Q3A scope shaders. You would need GLSL/HLSL shaders I guess.
              I could try to add some 'turb' movement overlapping the 'scroll' movement and see if it improves it...

Hello ezzetabi,

Good to see you coming back once in a while.
              I do not use a special "graphics mod". You can say I am using none and all.
              Replacements interests me very much and I always like to try out things.
              I tinker with the available replacements and use parts of several in my Quake.
              If you are interested in a special replacement that you see in a clip, please contact me. I will try to pick that one out and send it if you want.

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                Hello hgdagon,
                In my opinion MH did the best looking custom shader for the teleporters in his Quake engine. It looks almost identical to original Quake´s teleporter. His water/lava is amazing as well and doesnt have the original GL-Quake bad texture joins.
                Unfortunately this is way over my head and I even do not believe that a shader like this can be done with Q3A scope shaders. You would need GLSL/HLSL shaders I guess.
                I could try to add some 'turb' movement overlapping the 'scroll' movement and see if it improves it...
                Well.... I have no idea what the last part means... But anyway thanks for everything.
                I just wish that by Quake V, id Software would contact you to make a re-release of Quake I. Something like 'Reloaded'....

Comment

UPDATE 20140309
                  - optional: Interactive crosshair --> Changes crosshair/color when aiming at monsters considering individual weapon range
                  Where is this enabled?

Also isn't there a feature to have the crosshair color = Health value; Green Yellow Orange Red? Similar to ZDoom, GZDoom and Zandronum?

'Cross-hair show health'
                  Last edited by Nickelbawker; 04-13-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Hello Nickelbawker,

Thank you for your post.
                    The interactive crosshair is enabled by default in version V4.72. So, if you dont see it in your Quake, you are not using the mod properly.
                    Please read the readme´s if you maybe have other mods overriding it.
                    If I recall correctly, you had some issues with using this mod (you created some threads in the help-section). If you still have trouble with some of the features or the mod in general, please do not hesitate to ask/post.
                    The weather is very beautiful in Germany at the moment, so I am not online often
                    But others will also be able to help. And I am sure we can fix your issues in no time.

Regarding your suggestion: 'Cross-hair show health'
                    I do not know zdoom, but to have this feature in the "small mod compilation", basically everything you need is already in the code.
                    You need to use the "monster bleeding" code in combination with the "interactive crosshair" code.
                    You have all .floats you need then and only calculate which color to use depending on the existing values of: self.health_initial and self.health

Basically, Quake´s minions get killed quite quickly, so this feature might not be noticable much. Especially for monsters with health values <100.
                    They need only a few shots and die quickly, so the changing of the crosshair color will be very quickly...

But yes, for the rest of the monsters this feature might be interesting
                    I will look into this soon (when weather gets colder again).
                    Easter time is getting nearer and I will have some days off.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and feedback.

Best wishes,
                    Seven

PS: I think it is also time for a new version with all the things we talked about the last couple of weeks...

Comment

• nickelbawker meant health of PLAYER, not health of monsters
                      i use Zdoom myself and know the feature he means.

it makes the color of the crosshair change depending on how many health the player has.
                      to some players it can be usefull as an extra indicator of their health

75-100 player-health = green crosshair . . . . . . . . . 50-75 playerhealth = yellow crosshair

25-50 playerhealth = orange crosshair . . . . . . . . . . . . 0-25 playerhealth = red crosshair
                      Last edited by talisa; 04-17-2014, 04:00 AM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• You can get a progressive color change between GREEN to RED using a simple alghoritm based in the health of the player. So you will display the crosshair on the center of thescreen . But for this you need csqc if you do not want to use a flate model with fullbright , no bob and addtive effects
                        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                          You can get a progressive color change between GREEN to RED using a simple alghoritm based in the health of the player. So you will display the crosshair on the center of thescreen . But for this you need csqc if you do not want to use a flate model with fullbright , no bob and addtive effects
                          Zdoom has a crossair pack with like 153 crossairs that support the color adjustment i think the crossairs are a small tga or png image don't remember, they support alpha / semi transparent. tbh dont know why im going into all of this usually play quake without the crossair. IDK I like both and I think for tournament style play crossair would help me out because I'm used to having one.

Comment

• Ahhh, now I understand what Nickelbawker meant with 'Cross-hair show health'

Originally posted by Nickelbawker View Post
                            Zdoom has a crossair pack with like 153 crossairs that support the color adjustment i think the crossairs are a small tga or png image don't remember, they support alpha / semi transparent. tbh dont know why im going into all of this usually play quake without the crossair. IDK I like both and I think for tournament style play crossair would help me out because I'm used to having one.
                            Hello Nickelbawker,

The 'interactive crosshair' feature in the "small mod compilation" is also independent to the crosshair that is used. Otherwise I would not have enabled it by default. I always try to keep things independent to replacements (as people use them a lot...).
                            It only changes its color, depending on the game situation.

I will add the 'Cross-hair show players health' which you suggested and optionaly 'Cross-hair show monsters health' as both of them are only slight extensions of the 'interactive crosshair' which is already available.
                            Maybe some might find it useful. It is always good to have options, right ?

Happy Easter !

Seven

Comment

Hello Nickelbawker,

Thank you for your post.
                              The interactive crosshair is enabled by default in version V4.72. So, if you don't see it in your Quake, you are not using the mod properly.
                              Please read the readme´s if you maybe have other mods overriding it.
                              If I recall correctly, you had some issues with using this mod (you created some threads in the help-section). If you still have trouble with some of the features or the mod in general, please do not hesitate to ask/post.
                              The weather is very beautiful in Germany at the moment, so I am not online often
                              But others will also be able to help. And I am sure we can fix your issues in no time.

Regarding your suggestion: 'Cross-hair show health'
                              I do not know zdoom, but to have this feature in the "small mod compilation", basically everything you need is already in the code.
                              You need to use the "monster bleeding" code in combination with the "interactive crosshair" code.
                              You have all .floats you need then and only calculate which color to use depending on the existing values of: self.health_initial and self.health

Basically, Quake´s minions get killed quite quickly, so this feature might not be noticeable much. Especially for monsters with health values <100.
                              They need only a few shots and die quickly, so the changing of the crosshair color will be very quickly...

But yes, for the rest of the monsters this feature might be interesting
                              I will look into this soon (when weather gets colder again).
                              Easter time is getting nearer and I will have some days off.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and feedback.

Best wishes,
                              Seven

PS: I think it is also time for a new version with all the things we talked about the last couple of weeks...
                              A monster health indicator sounds like a great idea! Knowing how much energy your enemies have left would be quite useful, especially for boss-level monsters. Just like scouters in DBZ, only not nearly as unreliable.

Comment

• Hello,

Several weeks ago, we have been discussing the idea of a small modification:
                                Crate pickup mod - no more waste

Some people have been interested in trying this also in other mods.
                                I split this from the smc and added it into vanilla source, so that it is easier for others to implement it into their own mods.

Hello,

This mod does the following:

Modified the ammo / health pickup behaviour of Quake. It slightly change the pickup rules.
                                It always bothered me that the ammo / health crates vanish after picking them up, even though they only gave a very small amount (in case when you are slightly below your max. capacity). Accidental picking during a heavy fight is another example.

Example:
                                Imagine, you have 93 shells and pick up a big shell crate (accidentaly or not). You get only 7 shells and 33 are "lost". This mod changes this behaviour: You will still get the 7 shells, but the crate remains and holds now 33 shells.
                                It will only vanish when it is completely used up !

I added an pickup gap of 1 second for that crate, in case you are standing inside a crate and are shooting that ammo type. That prevents notifications/pickup overflow. Also applied to health crates. Swift picking up different crates has no 'forced' gap of course.

Another thing that is corrected, is the notification about how many health points have really been gained.
                                Original Quake always displays the crates value, even if you only got a part of it.

Screenshots that shows the new notification lines are attached.

I added the code into vanilla source, it can be used by any engine (it needs no extensions).
                                You will find the original source and the modified source included, so that it is easier for your to find the modified lines. I also commented almost every line to make it easier to understand what was done.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

PS: The backpack rules are also adjusted, but only for single player, as the backpack is some sort of "trophy", which should not be shared by several. So the multiplayer rules for backpacks are kept original.

DOWNLOAD

These are sample screenshots when picking up crates which are not fully used up:

Maybe this is useful for some of you.

New SMC release with this included will follow shortly.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X