Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Ahhh, now I understand what Nickelbawker meant with 'Cross-hair show health'
    I had something like that in my iq, but I removed it because the few that bothered doing a comment found it useless
    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Around 90% of the things in the smc are useless. Some even say 95%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
        Around 90% of the things in the smc are useless. Some even say 95%.
        One man's useless can be another man's useful
        There's certainly a lot to get used to in SMC but I've yet to find anything completely useless. Keep the faith Seven my friend

Kind regards
        Monty
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• it could be argued that anything that doesn't change gameplay is completely useless.
          it could also be argued that making huge purely cosmetic effects encourage people to use different weapons and thus do change gameplay.
          and thus the only things that are completely useless are the optimisations.
          wait, that doesn't work either.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

• Hmm that's good news Seven, allows the option for you to play with just a crossair / weapon model on the screen. More 3d art, less gui art. Yet still see your health.

Comment

• As far as I remember, gnounc once was working on a mod that did exactly this.
              He added health and ammo (of the currently used weapon) bar into the crosshair directly.
              A multi-functional crosshair, so to speak.

I like Nickelbawker´s comment. It will free your sight for the important things...

Thank you Mr. Burns and Spike. I like Spike´s quote snippet:
              [...] anything that doesn't change gameplay is completely useless
              There is a lot of potential and truth behind these words...

Comment

• Yeah I did something like that. I had a goldeneye hud when I was first looking into csqc, with health on the left side of the crosshair, and armor on the right.

I also had a hud that i was using everywhere that ended up in quakelands

that has ammo that shows up when you shoot or get ammo, health and armor that show up when you get shot or get health/armor, and healthbars for enemies with their names that show up when you score a hit.

I believe thats all still in the repo for quakelands if anyone is interested.
                But its all simple stuff, just record health, armor, ammo, and monitor them for changes, then put the draw routines on a cooldown timer.
                Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

• Originally posted by gnounc View Post
                  Yeah I did something like that. I had a goldeneye hud when I was first looking into csqc, with health on the left side of the crosshair, and armor on the right.

I also had a hud that i was using everywhere that ended up in quakelands

that has ammo that shows up when you shoot or get ammo, health and armor that show up when you get shot or get health/armor, and healthbars for enemies with their names that show up when you score a hit.

I believe thats all still in the repo for quakelands if anyone is interested.
                  But its all simple stuff, just record health, armor, ammo, and monitor them for changes, then put the draw routines on a cooldown timer.
                  Thanks for the info, although when I play Brutal DooM or Brutal PSX DooM I use the classical bigger doom like numbers versus the new small numbers. On current Quake there is no reloading so I don't need ammo counter, RiftQuake will change that, so I will keep this in mind.

Comment

• In iq the crosshair is a glowing red sphere on the world not on the Hud. It is one of my favorite small changes of iq, I would love to see it also in SMC
                    The only downside is that it makes bounding boxes evident...

In the "health version", the sphere was white normally or greed/red if pointing to an enemy depending of the health.
                    Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Hello,

Thank you for your posts.

These options are available now:
                      Code:
                      weapon_range_crosshair 		// Changes crosshair color when aiming at monsters/exploboxes considering individual weapon range  (red / green). Available since V4.70
                      player_health_crosshair 	// Changes crosshair color according to players health (from green= healthy  to  red= critical health)    
                      monster_health_crosshair 	// Changes crosshair color according to monsters health it aims at (from green= healthy  to  red= critical health)

As you can only enable one at a time, which one should be default ?
                      Thank you for your opinion/feeback on this topic.

Best regards,
                      Seven

Comment

• I vote for monster_health_crosshair

Comment

• weapon_range_crosshair !

Comment

• id guess the one which is most usefull, or one which new people might be interested in most?

i personally never use a crosshair cuz to me personally it takes away from immersion of a game
                            to see crosshair right in center which constantly reminds you you're playing a game.

but i unno... player_health i suppose would be one new players might like cuz clients from other older games have it too, like zdoom
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• I'm with ezzetabi

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                                i personally never use a crosshair cuz to me personally it takes away from immersion of a game
                                to see crosshair right in center which constantly reminds you you're playing a game.
                                This! This is exactly the reason in iq I made the crosshair as a world object. Seeing the glowing dot in the world remembers laser pointers and is much more immersive to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X