X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just tried the new update

im liking the new torment monster!
    he makes a great occasional replacement for the ogre

cant wait till you finish the reiver, he'll be a great addition to the flying monsters of quake <3

also decided to give the spider another change after not using it for a long time,
    he makes a nice occasional replacement for the dog mostly

model-independant weapon-position is great too, finally can just use all the models i have and move them to the right!
    couldnt do so before cuz most of them are md3 and editing programs didnt wanna export them correctly and would mess up the UVs when exported

great to have this feature implented like this so the need to edit the models themselves is gone
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello talisa,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Sorry for offtopic:
      Regarding your mentioned issues with .md3 editing and saving:

If you cannot find a tool that can edit your .md3 model and saves it out without issues, then the uncomparable Noesis can do it. I had to manipulate and reposition the mages weapon, which is included in v5.11 to fit into Quakes HUD position too. So it works.

Open your md3 model in Noesis and choose "export".
      Then choose export format: md3 again.
      Then click on the "advanced commands" button.
      A list of all commands will appear (which is extremely long).
      The ones which you are searching for are:
      -posoffset # # #
      -rotate # # #

When you look into the smc_config.cfg of v5.11 you will find the descriptions of what each # value will do, because the SMC does the exact same thing via qc.
      So, if you want (for whatever reason) get rid of the smc and still want your md3 replacement weapons be right handed, you simply have to use those commands and save/export the models. The only thing left to do is to adjust the projectiles spawn position (via qc), but that should be easy.

This is a quick sample screenshot of Ruohis“s well known .md3 v_shot (without using smc-offset), which I moved with Noesis to the right:

You could even reposition all of your weapons with smc-cvars in-game (to quickly see the result), write the values onto a paper, and reposition the weapons in Noesis. That is an almost in-game model editor, lol.

Regarding the reiver:
      Unfortunately the second best game is released tomorrow, so I will dive into a journey full of danger, adventure and excitement. Hopefully leading to fame and honor
      Looking at the amount of my free time per day, I am afraid the fellow reiver has to wait a little...
      But I am axcited just like you to have him finally in the game

Have fun with v5.11
      Seven

Comment

• @seven
        it is actually noesis which i use for exporting, and it tends to mess up the UVs of MD3's models upon exporting

ruohis shotgun it will export without probs yes.
        some MD3's it exports just fine, but others it doesnt and either the UVs get flipped (which isnt really a prob, can just flip it again),
        or some models even get their UV's completely messed-up

its MD3-models which have multiple UVs which noesis tends to have problems with with exporting
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hmmm,

Noesis always works for me. I just tested all .md3 v_weapon sets. Also the ones with mutliple textures per weapon. They worked fine. The mage weapon has even 5 textures, so ...

We don't really "export", as the format stays the same. We only change the models position/angle towards its origin with it. I am not sure what issues you are facing, maybe the Noesis version you are using is a different one or it is eye-color-depending.

Also the md3 tool named NPherno's MD3 compiler will do the job. Maybe you should try that one. I wrote about it here. It can handle multiple textures/uvs as well, just like Noesis. You can rescale and reposition .md3 models with that one too.

Best of luck.

Ohhh, LoG2 is calling … Bye

Comment

• Love the new Torment monster and can't wait for the Reiver!!

Comment

• well i was talking about converting md3 to other formats, mainly converting to dae so i can edit them in blender.

just tested a model which got messed up before in the latest version of noesis and exporting seems to work fine now.
              in previous versions UV's tended to get messed up but same models which got messed up before seem to export correct now

Comment

• I noticed several bugs in the Hipnotic SMC. If you kill a gremlin that hasn't taken anything with the lightning gun, you get an empty backback. Also, sometimes gremlins can randomly instagib a LIVING player, turning him into another gremlin. Finally in version 5.00 of SMC, zombies can be gibbed with the SSG and lightning gun.
                Last edited by Pringles Man; 11-10-2014, 09:11 PM.
                Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Hello Pringles Man,

First of all, Thank you for your post.

A bug is an unwanted behavior, while the things you mention seems to be unexpected behavior for you.

In Quake, zombies can only be gibbed (killed) with min. 60 damage in one frame. There is no check for explosive weapons or whatnot. Giving yourself the quad, will make it possible to kill zombies with even the axe (!), ssg or ssng.
                  The SMC is not changing this of course.
                  Several mappers even implement this gameplay idea into their maps, which is a cool thing and the smc doesn“t want to change it to keep compability.

What the SMC does is giving you the possibility to modify the players weapon damage values via cvars. It is simple math:
                  Your supershotgun fires 14 pellets at once. So far so good.
                  Each pellet does 4 points of damage on impact. So, your supershotgun can do max. damage: 4 x 14 = 56
                  That is not enough to kill a zombie (without quad).
                  But if you raise your weapons damage value (in this case the pellet) from 4 to 5 --> 5 x 14 = 70
                  BANG, the zombie dies/gibs on close distance.

If you really want, you can always add a simple check for zombies in your weapons code and limit it to max 59. The source is included and you can do this without a problem.

The same applies for the gremlin. Be aware that most monsters do a fixed PLUS a random value of damage to make it varied.

Have fun with the "small mod compilation"

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

• In fire effect is not shown.

Dark Places Engine Version: 2014/05

I am playing quake with SMC very funny.

But, in quake id1 senario, there is no in flame effect.
                    Fire Afrit is not inflame.
                    Fire Afrit fireball effects are not shown.(but player can be hit by fireball.)
                    Player inflame effect is not shown.(but HP is drained over time.)

Also, new lightning gun death particle is not shown too.

I changed effect setting. but same.
                    I deleted all addons except SMC. but same.

I am using SMC version 5.00 and 5.11.

But, in hipnotic, flame effect and new lightning death particle are shown well(no problem!). hipnotic smc version is 5.00

Please help.
                    Last edited by nugu100; 11-15-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Please dont let it end this way. Your Mod is Outstanding Seven.
                      I can understand everything, but you have the "power to let it go".

Great new things aso.

Thank you very much Seven.

Comment

• Solved: old effectinfo.txt

Originally posted by nugu100 View Post
                        Dark Places Engine Version: 2014/05

I am playing quake with SMC very funny.

But, in quake id1 senario, there is no in flame effect.
                        Fire Afrit is not inflame.
                        Fire Afrit fireball effects are not shown.(but player can be hit by fireball.)
                        Player inflame effect is not shown.(but HP is drained over time.)

Also, new lightning gun death particle is not shown too.

I changed effect setting. but same.
                        I deleted all addons except SMC. but same.

I am using SMC version 5.00 and 5.11.

But, in hipnotic, flame effect and new lightning death particle are shown well(no problem!). hipnotic smc version is 5.00

Please help.
                        I found what is problem.

I didn't replace old effectinfo.txt with new.

After replace, all effects OK.

Thank you for nice MOD.

Have a good work!

Comment

• Hello nugu100,

Sorry for not replying earlier.
                          I am glad you found the root cause for your issue.

But let me add one more word:
                          Why do you replace "effectinfo.txt" files ? There is no need for that.
                          The readme says, that the only file you need to *install* this mod is a single .pk3 file.
                          There is nothing else required.

The "effectinfo.txt" that you mention, is inside this single .pk3 file and if you put it into the mod folder in addition, it brings issues (like you just found it yourself).
                          The only file that you want to have in addition to the single .pk3 file is the configuration file for the mod. It is called: smc_config.cfg
                          You will need it to modify the mod to your personal likings.
                          But be careful with adjusting its values. Be sure to read the comments directly behind each cvar to see what they do. Some cvars can change gameplay...

I hope you will enjoy.

@ all longtime user of this mod

Please help and support people like nugu100, because unfortunately I cannot be online as often as I used to before. There is a big amount of people in this forum with in depth knowledge of handling this mod and what things are usualy the root cause for troubles for new users. In most cases it doesnt need myself to help users. Most of the issues can be solved by longtime users and their experiences. Please help others.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Please is possible use smc without new monsters? I prefer the original game and I can only improve effects. I read it forum in QuakeOne for weeks, but I only registered a few days ago.

Comment

• @marcelus
                              did you try... reading the included readme?
                              you obviously didnt

in the included readme its all explained

Comment

• The readme doesn't really say anything directly about removing the extra monsters. Even the smc_config.cfg isn't clear on this for some of the monsters I think. An autocvar to remove all custom monsters at once would be nice. In any event, @Marcelus you will need to open up the Quake_V5.11_small-mod-compilation_update_Seven.pk3 file that is included tho the name of it may be different depending on which version you are using. To open it use a program like 7zip. Once you have it opened you will see a file called smc_config.cfg. Just copy that file and place it in your id1 root folder. Open it up and scroll down to these locations:

Code:

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Torment   settings[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="lime"]// Change these to 0 to remove[/COLOR]
                                set torment_replace_demon 10			
                                set torment_replace_hknight 15			
                                set torment_replace_knight 10			
                                set torment_replace_ogre 15	

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Hydra   settings[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="lime"]set hydra_replace_fish 30 // Change this to 0 to remove[/COLOR]

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Warlord   settings[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="lime"]//Change these to 0 to remove monster[/COLOR]
                                set warlord_replace_hknight 20		
                                set warlord_replace_ogre 15	

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Afrit   settings[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="Lime"]// Change these to 0 to remove monster[/COLOR]
                                set afrit_replace_demon 5		
                                set afrit_supports_demon 15		
                                set afrit_replace_dog 5			
                                set afrit_supports_dog 10			
                                set afrit_replace_hknight 5		
                                set afrit_supports_hknight 10		
                                set afrit_replace_knight 5	
                                set afrit_supports_knight 10		
                                set afrit_replace_ogre 5	
                                set afrit_supports_ogre 15				
                                set afrit_supports_shalrath 15			
                                set afrit_supports_shambler 5				
                                set afrit_supports_soldier 10		
                                set afrit_replace_tarbaby 10		
                                set afrit_supports_tarbaby 15		
                                set afrit_replace_wizard 15		
                                set afrit_supports_wizard 20				
                                set afrit_supports_zombie 10

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Spider   settings[/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="lime"]// Just change all of these to 0 to remove[/COLOR]
                                set spider_replace_demon 17 		
                                set spider_replace_dog 15 		
                                set spider_replace_enforcer 10 		
                                set spider_replace_hknight 10  		
                                set spider_replace_knight 15  		
                                set spider_replace_ogre 10  				
                                set spider_replace_shambler 10 		
                                set spider_replace_soldier 15  		
                                set spider_replace_tarbaby 20  		
                                set spider_replace_zombie 5 

[COLOR="lime"]// New Monster: Evil-Face   settings[/COLOR]
                                set evil_faces 0 // Set this to either 0 or 1 and no face monster.
                                ___________________________________________________

[COLOR="lime"]// New zombie model/monster[/COLOR]
                                set zombie_use_newmodel 30[COLOR="lime"] // Just change this to 0 to remove[/COLOR]
                                ______________________________________________________

[COLOR="lime"]// Extended new dog model[/COLOR]
                                set dog_extended_newmodel 30 [COLOR="lime"]// Just change this to 0 to remove[/COLOR]
                                That should cover all of the new monsters I think. But like talisa suggested, read up on this smc_config.cfg. It has lots of cool and useful features that can be turned on and off to really customize your Quake experience.

Good Luck!

EDIT : On a side note, if you want a nice looking quake you might consider Quake HD Pack over at ModDb. It has an older version of SMC by Seven (4.51 I think) and has stuff like extra monsters, etc already disabled by default. Its a great way to upgrade your experience with no need to modify much if anything. Also talisa has a nice section on this on this forum. Here. Or you can click under her signature
                                Last edited by PrimalLove; 12-08-2014, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X