Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
    @marcelus
    did you try... reading the included readme?
    you obviously didnt

in the included readme its all explained

I read but there is not any word about enable/disable new monsters. Now I found it under smc config file but it's a bit confusing for someone who uses smc first time. I was looking for something such as "new monsters 0/1"

@PrimalLove

Thank you very much. Saved me a lot lot lot of time

Comment

• I concur with Marcelus, thanks Primal. Some of us know how to play games, some of you know how to make and dissect them. I'm in the former category,so those who fall into the latter have their work cut out for them,and more often then not, will be repeating themselves often. For the love of the game though.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Agreed! Great job helping someone new to these parts PL.

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
        I concur with Marcelus, thanks Primal. Some of us know how to play games, some of you know how to make and dissect them. I'm in the former category,so those who fall into the latter have their work cut out for them,and more often then not, will be repeating themselves often. For the love of the game though.

Comment

• Hi Seven

I found some cool Quake clips at youtube and was linked to this thread.
          Now I dont know which file to download. There are 4 files with different numbers in it. One 5.00 two 5.01 and one 5.11.
          Do I have to install them one after the other starting with 5.00?
          My internet is slow and volume is limited, so I dont want to waste bandwidth.

Also which Quake port do you recommend? Or are there some restrictions for your mod?
          As far as I know I am using Quake with update 1.08.

Thank you very much for your work!

Comment

• Hello Lacrima,
            Darkplaces is the recommended port for this collection of mods. You only need to download the latest version and you will be set. Be sure to use the included readmes to answer your questions regarding how to enable-disable features you want.

Have fun

Comment

• darkplaces is not just recommended, its required for the SMC.
              the mod uses a lot of DP-specific commands, and therefor the mod will NOT work with other clients

the files labeled QUAKE are for normal quake. for normal quake you will need both files labeled QUAKE,
              and drop the SMC5.00 pk3 first into ID1 directory and then the 5.11 update

the file labeled HIPNOTIC is for use with the first mission-pack, scourge of armagon.
              if you have the first mission-pack, you will also need to download this and drop the pk3 into your hipnotic folder

the file labeled ROGUE is for use with the second mission-pack, dissolution of eternity.
              if you have this mission-pack as well, you will also need this file and unpack it in the rogue folder
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• THANKS to both of you. It works. I have a new message on my screen when I start Quake now.
                Everything seems to be working so far. I will play a little longer and see how it goes.

No, I do not have mission packs. But now I know what MP1 and MP2 means ha ha. I thought it means MultiPlayer. Will have to google for more info. Are they worth it?

Comment

• yes, the mission packs are worth it IMO.

Have fun!

Comment

• are they worth it?! absolutely!
                    especially the second mission-packs features some great new maps and enemies and weapons
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Happy New Year Everybody!

Thanks for the tip with the mission packs. Are there any other addons I should play?
                      There are several map compilations for games like Doom. Is there something similar for Quake as well? If yes, someone has a link or website?

Comment

• Happy New Year to you too!

Try this site for map reviews and playthroughs:

https://www.youtube.com/user/darrenweekes

His reviews include links to download from a wonderful site and I would recommend you try the Quake Injector for hassle free playing of maps.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Quake virus stroke ezzetabi again...
                          Last edited by ezzetabi; 01-23-2015, 01:39 AM.
                          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lacrima View Post
                            There are several map compilations for games like Doom. Is there something similar for Quake as well? If yes, someone has a link or website?
                            For single player: quaddicted.com
                            Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

• I am worried by the lack of news from Seven, do anyone know something about him?

Comment

• A few days ago I felt like something was missing while playing and I've discovered an issue on this compilation regarding realtime shadowing. Lightsource from lavaballs and subsequent shadows projected from it are completely missing. See these two videos I recorded a few moments ago.

Regular Darkplaces and SMC.

I've figured it out that some of the realtime shadowing effects are controled by "effectinfo.txt" but its only for particles effects so I can't seem to find a way to adjust the brightnes and shadow casting of the lavaball itself, all I can modify are the smoke effects and no one want a game with shiny smoketrail....

My knowledge of this is pretty basic and I'm unable to find any way to fix this so I'm asking for your help with this and bring back 100% realtime shadowing, it makes the game more immersive and beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                                X