No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmless stuff that just kinda follows you around but doesn't do anything can scare the shit out of you more than the first time you saw the shambler in e2m3. That's why I propose something weird and creepy that's like "hi I want to be your friend" *imscared.jpg*

...And with the flashlight as an added bonus? Chills, man, chills.

: )
    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
      heh that bug reminds me of the chasing ghost-nail i had long ago once,
      where there was a nail from the nailgun which constnatly flew back and forth across my position and followed me everywere

would upload and link the vid i made of the bug... but it seems i deleted it, lol
      i cant believe it, but i remember that. geez that was quite a while ago lol!
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
        Will it work for heavily modified .ent files
        Hello Pringles Man,

The content from .ent files matches the content from map (.bsp) files except the geometry. It starts with "worldspawn". An .ent file is a kind of replacement file for the map if you want to put it that way.

The mod works with all maps and .ent files, as long as no custom progs.dat is needed for the map which uses functions that the smc code does not provide.

Have fun,
        Seven

Comment

• Hello,

Pringles Man requested the "most important feature ever":
          Head gibs shall always turn towards the player who killed them. LOL
          This is of course a "not-so-serious" feature and is dedicated to Pringles Man (only)
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydVgEbQ9GE8[/ame]

Looking back at the ToDo list for the smc:
          Additional Ogre monster particles

The Ogre monster is for many people the most important and famous Quake monster. I was thinking for possibilities to visual extend him a little bit and thought about his chainsaw. He now has optionally additional particle effects for his weapon of destruction.
          That was a really tricky one, but in the end it came out quite nice in my opinion and works better than I expected. Quake´s 10 fps limit and its interpolation made it hard to always spawn the particles at the correct positions.

The particle syntax itself is a beta status, but I think I will not change it much because I like it. Unless you have better ideas or suggestions. I will of course edit it then.

DOWNLOAD

The clip shows the ogre in standing animation first, then in walking animation and after that during fighting. (There are also some "blade-scratching-over-the-floor" sparks, which you can only see in high res or in-game)
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2NmnInkL4[/ame]

Please give me feedback to improve it.
          Thank you.

Have a nice weekend.
          Seven

PS: This is for Webangel and her 2 sweet puppies:
          Last edited by Seven; 05-30-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• @most important feature

hahahah nice touch!

@ogre stand/walk
            i think it looks really good, however he must have a really crappy saw if he has to start it every 5 seconds
            My Avatars!
            Quake Leagues
            Quake 1.5!!!
            Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• That was one of the creepiest glitches I've ever seen, and you guys turned it into a feature. I honestly don't know if I should enable it. If only there were a mod to recreate the weirdest glitch I've ever encountered: a freaky out-of-body experience where I saw the level from the POV of an ogre who was pacing on a ledge.
              Also, ever since I've started playing with 5.20b beta 2, Tea Monster's ogre has been replaced by the default one. Anyone know what cfg settings I need to change them back?
              Last edited by Mirrorman95; 05-30-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Love the head idea pringles! Great implementation seven. Love the ogre effec too!!!

Comment

• @mirrrorman
                  simply add a Z to the start of the pk3 with teamosnters ogre to make it be loaded after the model inside the SMC 5.20b pk3.

darkplaces loads all files in alphabetical order. so adding a Z to the start of the ogre pk3 makes sure it gets loaded AFTER the smc again

...or.....

you could open the SMC 5.20b pk3 and remove the ogre.mdl inside the progs folder there instead

you can open and edit pk3's with any program that can open packed files, like winrar or winzip and similar programs
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• That worked! Adding an a to the beginning of Seven's beta kept my models intact. But now that I am playing the beta, I have to say, the shields are making it damn near impossible to kill those Enforcers. They are simply invincible when they have their shields up; it's so frustrating fighting a Quake enemy you can't kill!

Comment

• OMG Seven the smoke from the chainsaw is icing on the cake. Very NICE!

Comment

• OMG TYVM for adding that into the game : D

The only problem with it is, I use the plain old gib1.mdl, gib2.mdl, and gib3.mdl for head gibs that haven't been made yet (like the FrederikH shambler) to avoid discrepancies between the monster and its head. This causes a few awkward and unexplainable situations. Can you possibly make the feature inapplicable to certain monsters? Also, what if the head would follow you and could get closer when you weren't looking? I'm assuming it could get stuck on ledges and behind walls so you can get rid of it.

Thanks again!

Ogre looks FANTASTIC. That is all.

Lastly, I thought about a suggestion I made a long time ago about runes doing stuff. It probably was too much to ask, but after simplifying it a little bit, I think it just might work.

How about this:

Rune 1: Doubles powerup time

Rune 2: Can randomly activate protection shield (like enforcer) for a short time in response to damage

Rune 3: Every 30 seconds, a random weapon will be able to deal double damage (weaker weapons or weapons with lower ammo have a higher chance)

Rune 4: If you die once, you will be resurrected at the start of the level with full health, but your kill count/progress will remain the same. Like in coop, but kinda with one life only. Die twice, and you die normally.

I feel that since Quake opens ALL episodes to you at start, you might actually have a reason to choose one over the other (like in the old Megaman games)!
                        Last edited by Pringles Man; 05-31-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Love the chainsaw idea seven and the head is spot on. I wonder if the head could be used to taunt players in a similar way to the Evil Dead movie.

Keep up the excellent work
                          Kind regards
                          Monty
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Originally posted by Pringles Man View Post
                            head gibs that haven't been made yet (like the FrederikH shambler)
                            FrederikH's shambler doesnt come with a custom head-gib?
                            later today ill look for you into chopping up the model to create a head-gib for to go with it

also, which other monster-models that you have dont have custom head-gibs?
                            afaik every other model out there includes their own custom head-gibs
                            Last edited by talisa; 05-31-2015, 11:51 AM.
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• It's just skins really. Here's a list:

1. Reforged DoE statues

2. Reforged gremlins

3. Reforged scourge

4. Reforged mummy (or so I've been told, the alternate zombie skin)

5. The knight skin with all the glowing blue pearl things on it

6. The hellknight skin with a glowing orange chest piece

7. the matching silver knight and hellknight skins made by seanstar I think.

I use different skins for recycled enemies in different mission packs so to account for the fact that some of them don't have head gibs, I just replaced them with regular gib models.

Comment

• head-gib skins for all available hellknights and knights i have actually made in the past!
                                i have included them in the multi-skin packs that ive made long ago:
                                http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post108841

ill look some time into creating head-gib textures for reforged's mission-pack monsters as well.
                                honestly never noticed they dont include custom headgib textures

EDIT:
                                reminds me i should update the knights pack with the updated skins i made for lunarans updated models

..... or at least i would, if the thread didnt get locked

seriously, why the hell do threads even auto-lock? that should be disabled as it has no function whatsoever and
                                only makes people unable to post in their own threads and make people have to create new threads cuz they are unable to post in threads
                                Last edited by talisa; 05-31-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X