Adam.
      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

• This is sad news. I'm mostly lurking here on the forum, I had no idea what happened until now. I fully understand your decision. It brings back memories from almost ten years ago, I had to make a similar and difficult decision within a community back then I loved very much.

We'll miss you, Seven. I'll miss you. Thank you so much for everything you've done. You're such an amazing and nice person, always willing to help others and give advice. And doing so much for this community and Quake.

Like Blood Vengeance above me said, I hope as well that you may change your mind one day and that this is a goodbye but not a farewell.

As for your wonderful mod. I hope you'll find a different site/place were you'll feel at home and were you can work on it. (If you wish to continue)

Take care, my friend. Thank you for everything. I wish you all the best.
        Last edited by JH24; 06-26-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• seven, this is not the end

you can quit quakeone.com

but you can't quit quake.

we both know that

i tried..

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFticxiTDYY"]desmond[/ame]

in the meantime take care of yourself

jakub
          Last edited by jakub1; 06-26-2015, 03:53 AM.
          my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
          Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
          Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

• You already knows what i think about your person and about your work.
            Best regards.
            the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Just to echo and add to the sentiments already expressed earlier I know I'm not the only one to consider this quite a major loss to the Quake community. I fully appreciate your reasons for leaving this community Seven, lets be honest here Quake is supposed to primarily be something fun that we do in our spare time to chill out and relax and when it ceases to be that due to the actions or attitudes of others... well.. I can't blame anybody for looking elsewhere.

However, I hope you will not judge all members and players by your experiences, and also that you know that your contributions are one of the highlights of what would be a very dark and contracting Quake universe without them. They really have been appreciated by more people than you realise.

I truly hope that you will not abandon Quake altogether and if you need a less "Forum" based outlet for your work in friendly environment please let me know as I'm sure Polarite and myself could work out a more stress free solution for you

In case you decide enough is enough and wish to move let me just say a big thank you, and as Leonard Nimoy would say...live long and prosper my friend

Kind regards

Monty
              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-26-2015, 09:01 AM.
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

• Dear all,

Thank you ALL for your kind and warm words. These are more than I could ever expect.

Just like I said:
                "Quake is a great game and I hope you keep having fun with it. I will for sure."
                I will surely keep on tinkering with it. There is no doubt about that.
                I am very happy that you understand me. This is not the end of the world of course.

It is about establishing rules for communication and how to treat each other in a friendly way persistantly. golden_boy was on a good way, had the right intentions and a master plan for realization which he discussed with several people via pms before it should go live.

Mindz already emphasized the necessity of a forum rule-set the last days and I am sure he will be able to make it happen. Persistence is important, also to monitor/observe its usage. And act accordingly if they get broken.

I will be more than happy to be part of that Quakeone again. Quakeone.com has without a doubt became part of my life the last years. Maybe even sometimes more than it should
                I will be lurking from time to time and see all the other great things that all of you great guys come up with.

The last days revealed some insights to several forum member opinions/viewpoints which I did not expect.

Take care everybody !
                Several have my email, if you should feel to contact me for whatever reasons...

Kind Regards,
                Seven

Comment

• best wishes!
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• OH MAN! This is news to me...and I haven't been here in a while.

Well, I knew this was coming, I just thought it would hit earlier. Not really sure what to say what hasn't been said, except that I hope the mods forum doesn't die since you were the only one doing anything consistently around here : P. No offense to anyone else though.

Well, no worries. I feel like this is the right time to say: don't be sad it's over. Be glad it happened.

Anywho, may you live long and prosper! Maybe we will meet one day as old men in a pub in Berlin and talk about how everything used to be better back in the day. I don't know why I'm saying this. Have a nice life!
                    Steel Sentinels remake project developer since 2012.

Comment

• Dear all,

Many people asked for it and I promised to make this (huge) final update, so I stand to my word and deliver.

This is most probably the final version of the "small mod compilation" and adds a lot of nice features and bugfixes to make it complete.
                      On top of it I unleashed some additional monsters who are ready to kill careless players in Quake.
                      We now have approx. doubled the monster types compared to original Quake. ( Yay ! )

I would like to point out the Reiver, he is a highly anticipated monster and I am sure that he will satisfy your expectations. He is not meant for the faint hearted player and will give you sleepless nights and thrills... You have been warned His wide range of attack and defend abilities as well as his special powers are without a doubt unique in Quake. You will find some new and interesting code technique features. It was fun and a honor to work on the Reiver.

Quake version V5.30 release:

New Features:
                      • optional new monster: Reiver (the most frightening + merciless Quake monster ever)
                      • optional new monster: Carnivean
                      • optional new monster: Yakman
                      • optional new monster: Teneb
                      • optional blood puddles beneath monster corpses
                      • optional "personal teleporter feature" (for new gameplay twists and more strategic combat): impulse 40
                      • optional instant melee attack feature (Push key/button to perform a single axe swing at anytime): impulse 20
                      • option to use a different armor model in non-base maps
                      • option to use different HUD armor icons and key icons for each worldtype (Needs included csqc HUD)
                      • added custom csqc HUD with different layouts and support for separate armor + keys feature
                      • created new HUD ammo icons that matches SMC content (can also be used without SMC)

Updated features:
                      • added more gore and flesh/meat cuts when shooting and gibbing corpses
                      • added option for spiders: "Not spawning inside water" (orig. Water is not transparent/vised and they are too small to be seen in shallow water)
                      • added option to disable armor particle effects completely
                      • earthquakes can now also be started by Yakman
                      • added idle sound to demon
                      • lightning gun impact particle effect now also spawns on ceilings correctly
                      • cleaned up code to make it compatible with new fteqcc builds and added more comments in sources
                      • Bugfix: shalrath homing missiles now gets stuck less often and explodes immediately when that happens
                      • Bugfix: exploding boxes debris models no longer turn towards player (like head gibs)
                      • Bugfix: monster corpses burning animation uses correct frame now
                      • Bugfix: Wizards "Vengeance of the deceased" after-death effect no longer get stuck
                      • readjusted some cvars for better playing experience
                      • some minor bugfixes

=====================

Quake version V5.20 (since final 5.20 version has not been released yet)

New Features:
                      • Optional: Spider monster can now hang on ceilings (on threads), jumping or shooting towards player
                      • Optional: Head gibs always turn towards player for a creepy effect
                      • Optional: Ogre monster has additional particle effects for his chainsaw (for original and Tea Monster's model)
                      • Optional: Random angled ammo and health boxes in all maps
                      • Optional: Customizable pain skins for all monsters
                      • Optional: 2 different flashlights to choose from (classic + cubemap): impulse 30
                      • Optional: Shalrath can run frantically towards the player now
                      • Optional: Shalrath can jump and hang on ceilings (also when starting a map to suprise the player from above)
                      • Optional: Enforcer can use an adjustable powershield to protect himself from all projectiles
                      • Optional: When the Demon monster jumps, his body has an adjustable "motion blur" / "tail" effect.

Updated features:
                      • Spider skin can now also be set to "random skin" instead of replaced monster-type dependency
                      • Repositioned several original and custom head gibs to look in the same direction
                      • Extended the 'Starter Kit' to include more variations
                      • Bugfix: "Evil face" monster improvement: dont get stuck anymore and has smarter AI now
                      • Added new "Evil face" monster model.
                      • Bugfix: "Water splash loop sound" fixed. Added splash particles to all entities.
                      • Bugfix: When killing Shub Niggurath in the "end" map, the zoom-view feature got stuck
                      • Bugfix: Warlord no longer bleeds when using his shield against lightning gun
                      • BUGFIX: Warlord's homing missile no longer gets stuck and has a smarter AI now
                      • Re-adjusted several cvar default values
                      • Tarbabies original Quake bug: Get stuck on ledges and steps is now fixed
                      • Fixed console overflow due to missing effect syntax (introduced in SMC v4.71)

Please find updated links in 1st post.

------------------------------------------------

If you find bugs, report them and I will fix them.

Have a long and prosper gaming life !
                      Seven

PS: Oh, and this short clip shows the "personal teleporter feature" for those who are interested.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDyRanyID0
                      Last edited by Seven; 08-20-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for remembering us Seven!!

Best wishes!!

Comment

• great to see you did finish and release this new version we've all been eagerly waiting for

i've especially been eager to meet the reiver myself

and the hud changes is something i know im going to love.

other monsters like the theneb and yakman ive also been looking forward to as well.
                          especially the yakman, which will make a fantastic optional random replacement for shambler
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thank you Henry for the heads up.
                            The "custom HUD" folder was completely missing in the SMC v5.30 .rar download.
                            I do not know how that happened... Must have slipped through my fingers during packing.

Uploaded it again now. Double checked that all extras are included this time.
                            You will recognize the correct .rar file by its file name. It has '20150822' at the end.

Best Regards,
                            Seven

Comment

• This is all looking really great! I'm going to be checking it out shortly.

Comment

• Beautiful work!!!
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X