No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the features can be disabled as far as i know. Might just have to keep looking.
    My Avatars!
    Quake Leagues
    Quake 1.5!!!
    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• yeah Sylux, i dug a little deeper and think i disabled all of them. theres a lot more options in this one compared to the last time i checked it out. does anyone know what command controls the rate of blood on the ground disappearing? it only lasts a few seconds for me, iD (see what i did there lol) like to have it stick around permanently

Comment

• @kreaper
        what you are referring to is not an SMC thing, but a darkplaces setting regarding decals (bloodsplats, burn-marks from explosive and bullet-holes)

to change the time decals stay, open console and type cl_decals_time 5400 (number is amount of seconds you want decals to stay)
        5400 is one & 1/2 hour, which is pretty much equivalent of 'permanent' seeing you'll rarely spent that crazy long in any map

and if you want to make sure decals dont get removed cuz of to much decals being present in a map,
        you can also manually raise the max amount of decals with cl_decals_max 1310720 (value i use for SP)

just be sure to not use these settings in a deathmatch but set max amount to 4096 and time to 60secs,
        otherwise in time your game will slowly get slower and slower cuz of decals everywhere
        Last edited by talisa; 11-04-2015, 03:48 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks talisa. I remember there was a lot of little tweeks like that i did last time i was playing DP quake, i just dont remember all the commands for them. also im glad i have a lot of my favorite textures saved to an external hard drive, ive been cruising around this site for the last day or two and almost all the links ive tried are dead. sad stuff

Comment

• last final question, for now lol, which option turns off enemies being pushed back by weapons? it really alters the game play. ive turned off ragdoll physics, and weapon kick, but they still go flying back when hit with the double shotgun for example

Comment

• when you dont remember a specific cvar or are looking if there is a cvar for something,
              remember that there is always the 'apropos' command that you can use

for example typing 'apropos model' in console which show any cvars
              which have 'model' in the name or are model-related cvars

the physics thing which you are looking for is:
              set gyroset 2 // "0"= disabled "1"= only corpse+gibs use gyro "2"= corpse+gibs+monsters use gyro

you can find it about 2/3 of the way down in the smc_config.cfg
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks talisa, a wealth of knowledge you are, i appreciate your time

Comment

• now, i mightve lied when i said that was the last question. but, years ago, last time i was loving on my pure excellence that is Quake, i asked this question, because i was stumped, and i stumped everybody i asked. cl_sidespeed 200 is what i have set in my config, because it is set regularly in game as something much higher, equivalent to holding down the shift or run key. so this is an easy fix. however, the not so easy fix, is when you hold down sidestep and forward/backward at the same time, you will go into run speed, regardless if youre holding down the run key or not. small potatoes i know, but do you know of a command that would cover this, anybody?

Comment

• SMC 5.30 error

I'm using the default settings 5.30 SMC.
                    Game breaks down several times.
                    What is the cause of the fault.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...0E&usp=sharing

Comment

• Hello kreaper,

Whoow it has a long time since you showed up in this forum
                      Good to see you coming back to the roots...

If you want to use this mod and get the best out of it, you should at least once in your lifetime read thorugh the complete smc_config.cfg file. All of your questions will be answered then (hopefully).

About your moving speed question:
                      It is not enough to limit your side moving speed. The value that limits ALL of your movement speed is: sv_maxspeed
                      Set it to any value you want to have your movement capped to 1 specific value in any direction.

Good luck and have fun with Quake.

Hello LordValsary,

Thank you for bug reporting.
                      Unfortunately I cannot replicate it. Also during my development time/plays I didnt stumble across it, so it is more than interesting for me to see where your issue comes from.

Unfortunately you didnt give any hint in which situation it happens.
                      I have only your screenshot, which is not enough.
                      The screenshot tells me this:
                      - You played map: end
                      - You used your rocket launcher to kill an enemy
                      - .takedamage is causing the crash

Now my question:
                      Does it happen when killing a specific enemy ?!
                      Or is it monster independent ?
                      I can only guess...

I attached a test version of the smc for you to test. It has some changes.
                      Please drop the included file into the folder where you have your smc.
                      And test again.
                      I can only stab around in the dark here without more information.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
                      Seven

Comment

• hey seven,

youve been busy! your mod is so rich it took me back a bit at first, but now i have got to admit i am having a blast messing around with all the options, i dont know how many times ive said it, but thank you so much for your contributions.

after a few brief glances of your cfg file (while having a few too many drinks possibly), i did sit down and check it out line by line and found all the answers to what i was looking for.

And holy crap, i had no idea the movement problem was so easily fixed! awesome awesome. I can never stay away from Quake for too long lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          About your moving speed question:
                          It is not enough to limit your side moving speed. The value that limits ALL of your movement speed is: sv_maxspeed
                          Set it to any value you want to have your movement capped to 1 specific value in any direction.
                          Seven,

That worked like a charm, but, now holding down the run key does nothing. Is there a way to get it to work again?

Thanks

Comment

• Hello kreaper,

I was understanding your initial question that you wanted to move slow whatever button you press. But if you still want to move fast, then you must reset sv_maxspeed to its default value of course. As this server side cvar limits all your movements.

I just tested to play with always run disabled and setting cl_sidespeed 200.
                            For me it feels just right:
                            - when holding the shift/run key down I move in all directions with same _maxspeed.
                            - when releasing the shift/run key it feels like move in all directions with speed 200 (also when holding down forward and strafe key)

If you are not satisfied, there is nothing more you can do via regular cvars, as there are only these 4:
                            - cl_forwardspeed
                            - cl_backspeed
                            - cl_sidespeed
                            - sv_maxspeed

BUT, you can of course use tricky alias command combinations to do whatever you want
                            Look here for example.
                            And be sure to read this description to learn more about the "always run" topic in general.

But this is not related to the smc mod, so you should maybe ask in another thread if you want to go into details here or further discuss this topic.

Best of luck,
                            Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                              Hello LordValsary,

Thank you for bug reporting.
                              Unfortunately I cannot replicate it. Also during my development time/plays I didnt stumble across it, so it is more than interesting for me to see where your issue comes from.

Unfortunately you didnt give any hint in which situation it happens.
                              I have only your screenshot, which is not enough.
                              The screenshot tells me this:
                              - You played map: end
                              - You used your rocket launcher to kill an enemy
                              - .takedamage is causing the crash

Now my question:
                              Does it happen when killing a specific enemy ?!
                              Or is it monster independent ?
                              I can only guess...

I attached a test version of the smc for you to test. It has some changes.
                              Please drop the included file into the folder where you have your smc.
                              And test again.
                              I can only stab around in the dark here without more information.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
                              Seven
                              Error occurred while playing in the "Nightmare" enabled "god mode".
                              The error appeared not often. However caused "crash" game.
                              He has performed as: killing any opponent.
                              Thank you for the patch set out.
                              They play for a few hours did not notice the error.
                              SMC is a really great pay tribute to its creator;-)

P.S Forgive my poor English.

Comment

• Back after some years, and good to see Seven is still working on my favorite Quake mod.

Downloaded latest versions and will give them a shot soon.
                                Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Working...
                                X