No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I posted something about this before a while ago but can't remember.

anyways, any idea why the spiders come out colored oddly?
    Attached Files

Comment

• @legend
      therr is nothing odd about your pics?
      thats the white version of the spider

the spider comes in different colors depending on which monster it supports/replaces

what you might think you are seeing as 'odd' is that you are not using RTlights,
      which obviously makes a big difference in the lighting in how the creatures in quake look,
      and which makes that you are seeing the skin gets displayed with the same brightness all over

here's the spider with RTlights

and the same spider without RTlights
      Last edited by talisa; 12-29-2015, 06:43 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
        Back after some years, and good to see Seven is still working on my favorite Quake mod.

Downloaded latest versions and will give them a shot soon.
        Hello Roy Batty,

Good to see you still loving this game.
        Be sure to read the readme before updating your older version of it.
        Some small but important changes have been made.
        The smc_config.cfg describes all features and you can edit all of them to your personal liking.

Originally posted by Legend View Post
        I think I posted something about this before a while ago but can't remember.

anyways, any idea why the spiders come out colored oddly?
        The spider monster has 8 different skins !
        I wanted to bring them all into the game to make it more varied.
        In smc versions <5.20 the spiders used skin was hardcoded/fixed to the monster it replaces.
        Since smc version 5.20 you have a new cvar to set the spiders skin:
        spider_random_skin_selection

As always, if you do not fully understand something within the mod, please read the readme and the smc_config.cfg. You will find a description to all features besides the corresponding cvars for your convenience.

Have fun,
        Seven

PS: I always also include a change history file to make it easy to find new features, changes or any other worth mention changes of the mod.

Comment

• Hello Seven my friend, thank you so much for SMC.

I have a question, do you know a tutorial for adding the new quad shader visuals to weapons? I would like to add them to plague's weapons which OoPpEe fixed the muzzle fire. I don't want to derail your thread with generic modeling questions.

I really love all the new things you've done they are amazing and really breathe some life back into our old friend.

I am much more experienced with modding now (I mod other games quite a lot) so I hope to contribute some small things again to this community.

Happy New Year.
          Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• Hello Roy Batty,

Yes sure, just read the included readme.txt in the smc.
            I wrote a detailed tutorial and linked it in point 7.) of the readme.txt.
            Some screenshots of the tutorial may have been deleted since my screenshot provider changed its rules/regulations. If so, please report back and I will try to reupload them.

Have fun with Quake.
            Seven

Comment

• I had a little idea that I thought you might find interesting Seven.

What do you think of different crosshair's for different weapons?

Also can I request the ability to set your own aRGB values for the crosshair modes you've implemented. They are really cool, but I would prefer different colors. Then again I am probably missing something in the config as usual and will feel dumb when you point me at it.

Comment

I had a little idea that I thought you might find interesting Seven.

What do you think of different crosshair's for different weapons?
                Helo Roy Batty,

I think every new idea is good, as long as it is a feature that can be enabled/disabled via cvar.
                Was tinkering some codelines together. Please watch the below clip. Is this what you asked for ?
                Crosshairs are just placeholders of course to show how it works. Add any crosshairs you like...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGD-YMUyi18[/ame]
                Download: here

Originally posted by Roy Batty View Post
                Also can I request the ability to set your own aRGB values for the crosshair modes you've implemented. They are really cool, but I would prefer different colors. Then again I am probably missing something in the config as usual and will feel dumb when you point me at it.
                Open custom_effects.qc and adjust all colors to your personal liking.
                Find them inside update_weapon_range_crosshair (), update_player_health_crosshair (), update_monster_health_crosshair ().
                They are hard-coded rgb values.
                I added 5 different colors to get a quite even flow from full health to lowest health:
                - green (0/1/0)
                - green-yellow (0.7/1.1/0)
                - yellowish (1.1/0.93/0)
                - orange-brown (1/0.55/0)
                - red (1/0/0)

Have fun,
                Seven

Comment

• That's really cool Seven! I didn't expect you to just whip it up so fast. I'll make some more crosshairs and see what I can come up with, I already made some in the past. I have some new ideas for this.

Time for me to dig in Inside3D a bit and learn to tweak QC. Thanks for pointing me out the variables.

On another note, I am rebuilding my Quake install from scratch. This fixed the dog problem for now, hopefully when I add some retextures it won't break it again.

Comment

• this is a cool add seven. what else have you been playing around with?... anything new for quake???

Comment

• Hello JDStoner,

Yes, after 1 year since my last update, there is a new version available: v5.30.
                      Version v5.30 is one of the biggest updates and has a lot of new features in the trunk:
                      - 5 new monsters (we now doubled the Quake monster types, yay)
                      - additional gore features
                      - new HUD layouts / features / textures
                      - new monster AI / abilities
                      - many new gameplay features
                      - lots of new particle effects
                      - many small bugfixes

Take your time and take a look into the new v5.30 download and the contents of the included extra folders.
                      Study the change history .txt file for all details if you want.

And most important: Have some fun with it.

Kind Regards,
                      Seven

PS: Its interesting to see that all of those available "Quake Compilations" and mods are using the smc.
                      But only very few users know that they are actually playing the smc mod. Weird…
                      On the other side it is good to see that I seem to have done everything right.

Comment

• Hello,

Now that we have crosshairs that interact with monsters / players health, weapon range and each weapon slot. The logical next step is to make them animate somehow.

There are many possible animation variations for crosshairs that some can think of ...

You can now set any animation you want in smc:
                        - rotating crosshairs
                        - pulsating crosshairs
                        - "burning" crosshairs

Choose any condition to have animated crosshairs:
                        - when picking up powerups
                        - when diving into water
                        - combined with health status

A quick example could look like this:
                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoHElHv6CE[/ame]

Comment

• i like the idea of combining crosshair health indication colors with custom crosshairs for each weapon.

i have another idea for crosshairs.... what about....
                          a dynamic crosshair, which scales up/down depending on the distance between you and what you are aiming at?

just like you have in serious sam, that the crosshair gets smaller if whatever aimed at is further away and gets bigger when what is aimed at is very close
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Pretty Cool, I like the idea and it's an obvious next step.

Dynamic crosshairs is also another option, but to me they are only useful if weapons have spread. This raises the question, do any of the weapons have spread? It seems they don't, unless the shotguns do. Adding spread I don't think fits in Quake myself if it's not already there.

I made some basic crosshairs but I need to work on them some more to get them how I want them to look.

Comment

Pretty Cool, I like the idea and it's an obvious next step.

Dynamic crosshairs is also another option, but to me they are only useful if weapons have spread. This raises the question, do any of the weapons have spread? It seems they don't, unless the shotguns do. Adding spread I don't think fits in Quake myself if it's not already there.

I made some basic crosshairs but I need to work on them some more to get them how I want them to look.
                              the shotgun has i tight spread, only spread out at extreme distances, while the double-barrel is much more spread out even at a moderate range.
                              My Avatars!
                              Quake Leagues
                              Quake 1.5!!!
                              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

• Liking the concept and very glad to see you back Seven!

Comment

Working...
                                X