No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all the "Quake Compilations" do give you and quake one some exposure. i saw a youtube video playing "HD Quake" and after a few clicks i found the people making it and found a new respect of how hard it can be to make a game. its good to see after all this time you can still find something to change in the game and make it better. just when i thought you did it all you find something new.

Comment

• Speaking of credit, seven, do you mind if i was to create a modDB page for my mod? The code is yours, just with a lot of additions and tweaks so I'd just like your permission if I'm to make one for it, (with credits to you).
      Last edited by Bloodshot; 01-18-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• i've turned off the new dog skin in the .cfg file, but it keeps coming back. the dog has teeth on his back? i have qr_quakebestiary_edited installed. normally the dog looks fine, but not with smc. any ideas? thanks.

additionally, i really enjoy the additional features that smc provides over standard darkplaces, however why such a high performance hit? i've turned off almost every feature in smc as an experiment with the pak installed. which specific feature or features causes the most perf loss? i'd like to turn that feature off if possible. or is this just how the whole thing works? high cpu usage mod? my average frame rate with high res textures installed is 600-1500 with darkplaces, 600 in the most demanding areas at 2560x1440 + 4x MSAA, but i'm averaging 70-100 fps in combat with smc enabled, and frame time delivery is less consistent.

which setting can i turn off to have a higher frame rate?

in the end, i had to abandon smc. game audio is delayed by 5 to 10 seconds when playing co-op. is smc certified for singleplayer only?
        Last edited by crazyboynph; 02-24-2016, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• @crazyboynph

You write that you are using qr_quakebestiary_edited.
          That file is included in the epsilon mod compilation.
          If you are using the epsilon compilation as your base, it is understandable that you experience issues with recent SMC builds. The epsilon compilation uses a very old darkplaces build from 2011.

The SMC is a single player mod. I do not recommend it for multiplayer for known reasons.
          Like all other mods, you can enable it with the -game [modfolder] command in your darkplaces shortcut.

The SMC uses the improved dog model by capnbubs.
          Its uv-mapping is different to original dog model. That is why the dog texture from QR does not match the new dog model.
          You need to remove the Reforged dog textures dog.mdl_0, dog.mdl_0_gloss, dog.mdl_0_luma from qr_quakebestiary_edited to see the full glory of capnbubs dog.
          I use it myself as well. I am sure you will like it.

Make sure to use a recent darkplaces build together with the SMC. The readme.txt speaks about some more details.
          You might notice a performance impact because the mod adds several particle effects.
          That is why its important to use a darkplaces build it was made for.
          If you find the performance impact too much you can reduce it by changing some particle features.
          Main important is the flamestyle cvar. It changes the flames in Quake. Set it to flamestyle 0 to have the least performance impact.
          The readme.txt describes how to edit SMC features in general.

Good luck.

@ Seven
          Please send me your latest mod source. I have a new idea and am in the mood for modding.

Comment

• I thought I got the qr_quakebestiary_edited file came from the Quake Reforged website, not Epsilon, but I could be wrong. I will check the experience with a new download.

Thanks for the solution on the dog model.

Hopefully, disabling the flame model will improve performance. But I want you to understand, that with almost every single mod turned off in SMC, the frame rate is still rather low, even with the latest darkplaces installed.

Has anyone considered getting SMC working in multiplayer? Currently, it does not function properly and is overly performance intensive for no apparent reason even with almost all SMC cvars disabled. Any chance of a future update?

The mods that I'm really interested in the most, is the torch and flames, deathknight, wizard, and vore particle effects, as they greatly increase visual quality when playing co-op with friends. if all else fails, can someone provide these effects in a separate pak file?

i'm not saying SMC is bad, but i feel that it's important to figure out the root cause of the performance degradation.

Comment

• you may have something else killing your FPS like pretty water or HD textures maybe rt lighting even with my shitty old computer i can play the smc with replacement models with no real issue.

i think a fun add on to the mod may be auto lock where you lock on to a monster like call of duty when you pull up the scope. or maybe a quick fire on the pipe bombs like the ax has now.

the latest public source is always in the download if you need it henry

Comment

• Thank you for the heads up and mail Henry.
                I dropped the latest source via mail_bomb to you.
                Lets see what you have on your mind...

Hello crazyboynph,

There is a saying in germany: The customer is king
                You, as the only remaining one who uses the SMC, said you want a special version to be able to play with your friends. I made a crazyboynph_version with your requested features only.

DOWNLOAD

Have fun with multiplayer and come back once in a while.

Hello JDStoner,

You know... my bad english. I didnt fully understand your requested mod feature.
                Because I read "scope", do you mean something like the below clip ?
                I worked on it some time ago and posted it here once.
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wytp4Gc-uQ[/ame]

Best wishes,
                Seven

Comment

• At about the 2:30 part of this video you can see him using the auto lock where by a press of the button he locks on to the closest target he is facing and even if he moves or the target moves the gun will stay right on the target tell the button is released or the target is dead. i like the scope and the zoom but thats not what is was trying to say. im finding it hard to to try let you know what im trying to say. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMkRGTDfHvM[/ame]

i got a set of video glasses and a mag2 gun controller and played the smc in Virtual reality to day. it was way cool the future is hear hear is a video of the gun that acts like a mouse and you can see auto aim, lock on target https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmEa44ciNq4

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post

Hello crazyboynph,

There is a saying in germany: The customer is king
                    You, as the only remaining one who uses the SMC, said you want a special version to be able to play with your friends. I made a crazyboynph_version with your requested features only.

DOWNLOAD

Have fun with multiplayer and come back once in a while.

Best wishes,
                    Seven
                    Wow. Thanks for doing this Seven! We really appreciate you taking the time to create a custom pak file that meets our needs.

I do have one more final request though, I've tried installing ooppee-fixed-DoE-PlasmaLauncher-V3 in order to fix the problem where the standard nailgun and plasma cannon muzzles flashes become statically placed, but for some reason when i drop the texture folder/progs in id1, the weapon completely disappears? Any ideas?

I believe you may have implemented this somewhere in SMC? according to other posters, this is a darkplaces issue.

in the end it's not a big issue, just more of an annoyance! thanks a bunch!

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyboynph View Post
                      Wow. Thanks for doing this Seven! We really appreciate you taking the time to create a custom pak file that meets our needs.
                      You are welcome.
                      Hope all runs smooth now.

Originally posted by crazyboynph View Post
                      I do have one more final request though, I've tried installing ooppee-fixed-DoE-PlasmaLauncher-V3 in order to fix the problem where the standard nailgun and plasma cannon muzzles flashes become statically placed, but for some reason when i drop the texture folder/progs in id1, the weapon completely disappears? Any ideas?

I believe you may have implemented this somewhere in SMC? according to other posters, this is a darkplaces issue.
                      The SMC fixes the Darkplaces ROGUE plasma projectile bug (as well as all other existing bugs) without the necessity to use additional models or files. Be aware that there are 3 different versions available:
                      One for original Quake and all fan made maps
                      One for mission pack 1 (SoA by Hipnotic)
                      One for mission pack 2 (DoE by Rogue)

You must not put them all into your id1 folder.
                      That is what you seem to have done with ooppee´s file.
                      mp1 files belong into the Hipnotic subfolder
                      mp2 files belong into the Rogue subfolder
                      Please always read the readme´s.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                      i like the idea of combining crosshair health indication colors with custom crosshairs for each weapon.

i have another idea for crosshairs.... what about....
                      a dynamic crosshair, which scales up/down depending on the distance between you and what you are aiming at?

just like you have in serious sam, that the crosshair gets smaller if whatever aimed at is further away and gets bigger when what is aimed at is very close
                      Ooops, it seems I have overlooked your post and feature request talisa.
                      Sorry for that.

I played around with the idea and have made something (please see clip below).
                      Is this what you meant ?
                      If yes, I will upload a new SMC version v5.32 tomorrow.
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2ScZ0LgoY[/ame]

Best wishes,
                      Seven

Comment

• yeah that is exactly what i was talking about seven

although it would be great if it didnt only scale when aiming at enemies
                        but all the time, also when aiming at level geometry

but yeah, what you did is exactly what i meant when i proposed the idea,
                        that crosshairs dynamically changes size depending on the distance of what is aimed at
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Ehi Seven, since I like a lot your SMC, it's possible to make a SMC for quoth mod??
                          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• @BV
                            nope, the creator of quoth sadly never released the QC source
                            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              @BV
                              nope, the creator of quoth sadly never released the QC source
                              Argh, i thought it was released
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
                                Ehi Seven, since I like a lot your SMC, it's possible to make a SMC for quoth mod??
                                Hello Blood Vengeance,

Yes sure.
                                I implemented SMC´s particle effects (incl. flames) into Quoth v2.1 some time ago.
                                As far as I know you, these are the main features you want to have...
                                So I think you should be happy with it.
                                Read the readme.

DOWNLOAD

Have fun,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X