No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liking the new features Seven! The blood splatters are cool.

Thank you!

Comment

• agree with gdiddy, though simple the bloodsplatters are neat.

i kinda expected i wouldnt like them because they dont make much sense,
      but they do add some extra coolness to gibbing enemies from up-close

extra fun fact is that i actually recognise the blood-splatters you used....
      i use the same pack with blood-splatter textures for a lot of stuff in SL

if you want, i got another gorgeous blood-splatter texture which i use a lot that you could add:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3z899k02n...h1yw6.png?dl=0

it was made by someone over at deviantart: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Blood-...ency-210043878
      Last edited by talisa; 06-09-2016, 06:27 AM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• hey seven,

i was just playing MachineGames' Dimension of the Past episode
        https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/dopa.html

and in the second map, which contains a looooot of enforcers i am getting random crashes :/

playing it with V5.50_Beta2 and having all of quoth's enforcers enabled i get random crashes,
        and incorrect sounds playing, like hearing the grunt's death-sound when eliminator shoots

here's a screenshot of what DP shows in console upon the crashing:

it shows two crashes that happened shortly after one another and both show nearly the exact same error
        and darkplaces both times points at the quoth enforcers being the cause of the crash

could you please look at what exactly might be causing the crashing?

this is the 6th or 7th time already that im getting a random crash in this specific map,
        and pretty much every single time the crash happens when one of the quoth-enforcers fires their weapon
        Last edited by talisa; 06-26-2016, 07:16 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hay seven i took some time to play the smc i started with a fresh set up and the default smc config with the starter monster pack seems to give invisible grunts in e1m1 hen playing on hard. i was still having issue with the phyco effect screen flashing not working when i pick up a quad or when shooting the monster face and releasing the flying skull. and the hit box on the door to get the shotgun shells and the quad seem small or the door was slow to trigger or something it took 20 shots to open it a few times. i may not have everything set up right so this may just be me. the new AI killed me 20 times before i made it past E1M1

now what i love is the new bio suit! that is so bad ass!!! the air or time meter on top and the water drops way cool effect! and the Blood o my god the blood! gibing someone has never been more satisfying then having there blood sprays all over the screen. this is just the kind of thing i wanted to see. if you could add more patterns or have them display at different angels to give more variety that would help this add on be less redundant over time. i love the effect but i was starting to see the same blood patterns to often. if you could do some scratches and bites that come up on the screen when being hit by the daemon and the dog it would add something too. think house of the dead. i still have not gotten enough time to dig in and see everything you have done but the stuff thats new to me is just amazing!

i got a new used pc so i have been playing around with some big maps that would never run right for me before. when you have time give this game a play [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YPJzwKXx_w[/ame] (skip to 6 min in)you will need the program pcsx2 to play it but its a good game like hell and damnation a game you posted about on hear that i just started playing. enjoy your summer. the smc is top notch!

Comment

• Hello talisa,
            Originally posted by talisa View Post
            i was just playing MachineGames' Dimension of the Past episode with V5.50_Beta2 [...] and in the second map, which contains a looooot of enforcers i am getting random crashes
            Should be fixed now. I could not reproduce it anymore with new Beta_3.

... and incorrect sounds playing when the quoth-enforcers shoot, like hearing the grunt's death-sound when eliminator shoots
            Is fixed now in new Beta_3

==============================

Hello JDStoner,
            Originally posted by JDSTONER View Post
            Hay seven i took some time to play the smc i started with a fresh set up and the default smc config with the starter monster pack
            Thank you.

... seems to give invisible grunts in e1m1 hen playing on hard.

i was still having issue with the psycho effect screen flashing not working when i pick up a quad or when shooting the monster face and releasing the flying skull.

the hit box on the door to get the shotgun shells and the quad seem small or the door was slow to trigger or something it took 20 shots to open it a few times. i may not have everything set up right so this may just be me. the new AI killed me 20 times before i made it past E1M1
            That is not SMC related, as i do not change map triggers nor their respective qc code.

now what i love is the new bio suit! that is so bad ass!!! the air or time meter on top and the water drops way cool effect! and the Blood o my god the blood! gibing someone has never been more satisfying then having there blood sprays all over the screen. this is just the kind of thing i wanted to see.
            Thank you.

if you could add more patterns or have them display at different angels to give more variety that would help this add on be less redundant over time.
            There are 10 different textures included, which are spawned in random angles.
            That is even more than new modern games have...
            If you still want more, you can edit the source. It is simple.

if you could do some scratches and bites that come up on the screen when being hit by the daemon and the dog it would add something too. think house of the dead.
            Scratches is not what I want to add because the player doesnt wear an helmet.
            Bloody scratches on the screen is not on my list at the moment, but you never know...

i still have not gotten enough time to dig in and see everything you have done but the stuff thats new to me is just amazing!
            Thank you very much.

i got a new used pc so i have been playing around with some big maps that would never run right for me before.
            enjoy your summer. the smc is top notch!
            Thank you JD.
            I also wish you and Noa a great summer time.
            Take good care of him (and do not let him play Quake too much)

DOWNLOAD v5.50 Beta_3

==============================

I can only recommend everyone to play the new 5th episode: Dimension of the Past
            You can even see the sky and the moon reflecting in the windows...

Comment

• thanx seven, for providing such a quick fix like always

there are no more crashings now and also no more incorrect sounds

Comment

• Whats the best way to configure this to get all the eye candy without the extra monsters?

Comment

• When using SMC with the new DOPA addon, flames are not visible.

Comment

• Originally posted by och View Post
                    When using SMC with the new DOPA addon, flames are not visible.
                    Why do you say this ?
                    When 2 posts above your post you see a screenshot that shows that it works ?

When reading your last posts in this forum I see that you are new to Quake. So of course there is much you do not know yet and a lot of things to learn. That is abolutely normal and OK. But I also see that you try to eat too much things at the same time. Too much stuff to swallow at once.

You seem to be a person who wants all the replacements out there at once. That is not a problem in general. But it is difficult for a beginner.

The main issue is, that you are using an "All-in-one" compilation. With hundreds and hundreds files, models, textures, sounds, rtlights, etc. As long as you use a compilation like this, you WILL have issues when you put more and more .pk3īs into your folders.

Especially for a beginner it is important to see what replacement is doing what. Like in the rtlights thread. You didnt even know that Rygelīs compilation had rtlights !
                    I think that answers all of your other and upcoming questions....

Get rid of compilations that you do not understand yet and start simple and slowly. That is my main advice. The final result will be 100% better and Quake will look like YOU want it and not like another person wants it.

But back to your initial question:
                    Of course the SMC works with the new 5th episode: Dimension of the Past.
                    The new episode is not a mod. It is "only" a set of 11 maps. So the SMC will work fine just like with all other maps.

Please read the included readme.txt of the SMC v5.30. Many people do not, so issues will occur. Especially point 2 is what describes your issue. You seem to use dpmod together with your Rygel compilation. That dpmod has a custom progs.dat, so ...

Here is another screenshot from e5m3 (just to be sure):

thanx seven, for providing such a quick fix like always

there are no more crashings now and also no more incorrect sounds
                    Even bugfixing can be lots of fun, when the bug reports are detailed enough.
                    No bug reports, no bugfixing

Originally posted by och View Post
                    Whats the best way to configure this to get all the eye candy without the extra monsters?
                    Once you have read the readme.txt like mentioned above this question will be no longer a question.
                    Point 3.) in the readme.txt is what you are looking for.

Simply disable the new monsters spawning/replacing the original monster. You can do this for each monster individually. So, if you like only 1 or 2 from the new ones, you can keep them and get rid of all the others...

Best of luck and have fun with your Quake.

Kind regards,
                    Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                      Why do you say this ?
                      When 2 posts above your post you see a screenshot that shows that it works ?

When reading your last posts in this forum I see that you are new to Quake. So of course there is much you do not know yet and a lot of things to learn. That is abolutely normal and OK. But I also see that you try to eat too much things at the same time. Too much stuff to swallow at once.

You seem to be a person who wants all the replacements out there at once. That is not a problem in general. But it is difficult for a beginner.

The main issue is, that you are using an "All-in-one" compilation. With hundreds and hundreds files, models, textures, sounds, rtlights, etc. As long as you use a compilation like this, you WILL have issues when you put more and more .pk3īs into your folders.

Especially for a beginner it is important to see what replacement is doing what. Like in the rtlights thread. You didnt even know that Rygelīs compilation had rtlights !
                      I think that answers all of your other and upcoming questions....

Get rid of compilations that you do not understand yet and start simple and slowly. That is my main advice. The final result will be 100% better and Quake will look like YOU want it and not like another person wants it.

But back to your initial question:
                      Of course the SMC works with the new 5th episode: Dimension of the Past.
                      The new episode is not a mod. It is "only" a set of 11 maps. So the SMC will work fine just like with all other maps.

Please read the included readme.txt of the SMC v5.30. Many people do not, so issues will occur. Especially point 2 is what describes your issue. You seem to use dpmod together with your Rygel compilation. That dpmod has a custom progs.dat, so ...

Here is another screenshot from e5m3 (just to be sure):
                      I think that is exactly my problem, the Rygels pack. Until yesterday I didn't even realize it was a compilation - I thought it was just a high res texture pack. Unfortunately, there isn't much information to be found on this pack anymore.

And no, I generally don't use DPmod. I like certain things that it does, but there are too many other annoyances.

I'll just keep experimenting further. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

• Thanks for the bug fixes. that game you recommend was painkiller its been a blast. now that the new maps work ill be playing that soon. thanks for all the work on the smc!

Comment

• Thanks Seven, as always, for your hard work on this great mod.

I just updated from 5.30 to 5.50 b3. A few questions...

- When enforcers die they usually start to fall over but then immediately freeze in midair. I am using multiskin and Tabun's enforcer model. I remember having this issue with 5.30 so it's not new.

Theory: Maybe my order of file loads is wrong. Here's how they're arranged:

If not that then perhaps it's Tabun-related.

- kickgibs is 0, but gibs are still kickable. Not sure if this just started or not. Any ideas?

Comment

• @alexandra

it sounds to me like you are trying to use the run&gun feature with tabun's enforcer

keep in mind you can NOT use hi-poly replacement models in combination with the running&shooting feature.
                            this feature was taken from nehahra and requires special models that have additional frames added for these animations.
                            and all available hi-poly replacement models do NOT have these additional frames

using run&gun feature can NOT be used with tabun's enforcer model,
                            because tabun's enforcer does NOT have the additional frames for run&gun animations.

Comment

• @talisa

You're right. I thought the 5.50 b3 pk3 being last in the load order would make it OK, but I guess not. I've disabled the enforcer run'n'gun for now.

In any case they still freeze in midair while dying. Wonder why?

Comment

• Hello Alexandra,

There are basically 3 things that you need to know regarding your issues:

1.) Run & shoot feature
                                You have 5 independent cvars to enable/disable this feature for these monster types since v5.50 Beta_3:
                                - soldier (aka grunt)
                                - enforcer (regular)
                                - enforcer - defender
                                - enforcer - pyro
                                - enforcer - eliminator

If you do not use replacement models for these monsters, you can enable them and it will work as it should.
                                If you use the SMC ‘Starter Kit’, you can also enable them and it will work as it should.

If you use other replacement monster models, it will not work for that monster type. This is also explained in the readme.txt !
                                Tabunīs enforcer is one of those replacements which will not work with the run & shoot feature, so please disable the enforcer run&shoot cvar.
                                The soldier and other enforcer types run&shoot feature will still work of course.

2.) Monster death animations
                                The SMC has additional new death animations for monsters. You can enable/disable them all via cvars.
                                Some of them depend on the weapon that you are using. If you kill a monster with the lightning gun it can either be roasted (like barbecue), or vaporized it into thin air. If you kill a monster with explosive weapons it can be set on fire and runs around in panic screaming for some seconds.
                                There are also some other death animations, which I implemented a long time ago such as the “Legend of Grimrock” effect, or the ancient ghost effect, the relieved soul effect or the vengeance effect.

If you disable those features via cvar, all death animations will 100% be original ones !

So, if you kill a monster with the lighting gun and have the new lighting gun death animation enabled, its skin gets burned / dark and it will remain for a few seconds in a random pain state (like a statue) before it will break apart into hundreds coal pieces. That is one of my favorite weapon effects. Flying monsters fall down to the ground and crush into pieces.

3.) config settings
                                You mentioned that you disabled kickable gibs (kickgibs 0) but they are still kickable.
                                There is no bug in the SMC in this regards, so it must be the config file that you are using / editing.
                                First of all, all SMC settings must be set inside a config file called: smc_config.cfg
                                The readme.txt explains it and I also included an smc_config.cfg with all existing cvars and their default values into the download. Please use this file and edit your SMC / Quake to your personal likings.

If you notice that your game does not follow the config cvar settings, there must be another config file overriding the one you are editing. Please be aware that Darkplaces adds / saves config files into this folder on your windows hdd:
                                Users/<you>/mydocuments/mygames/Darkplaces/
                                Please delete all configs in this folder or use the -nohome command to ignore them. Only configs in your Quake folder will be used then.

I hope I could clear up a few things for you and you can now enjoy your Quake as you want it.
                                If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Basically, if you encounter any unusual behavior, you should first see where it comes from.
                                Your screenshot shows that you are using many replacement .pk3īs with for me unknown content and naming.
                                There might be even additional subfolders or .pak files that I cannot see. As the screenshot is cropped…

You should start with a fresh Quake installation and only essential files to see if it is mod or replacement depending.
                                Quake does not need a real installation, so you can create a folder anywhere and name it "Quake_test", put the "id1" subfolder with only pak0.pak & pak1.pak in it.
                                Extract your engine of choice into "Quake_test" and start it. Then put more and more replacements into it until you find the root cause. Sometimes you will be surprised what was causing it

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X