Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://quakeone.com/attachment.php?a...1&d=1467218590

IN DOPA E5M1 i am getting an exploding box that has parts floating and spinning after i blow it up. i think its a box part but it could be a body gib its hard to tell with all the carnage. i set the exploding boxes to not be kick-able i think. the new AI is kicking my ass. lots of good fun!!! and can you link me to the sky you are using or let me know what pak in your dopa screen shot. new computer new set up, so im finding all the things i like again.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hello JDStoner,

Do not worry about a single floating debris when you shoot an exploding box.
      That can happen when it is placed too close to a wall. Darkplaces collision code is a little bit different/special to others…
      If you do not like exploding boxes to produce debris parts, you can: set debris 0

It is good to hear that you finally got a new computer. I have heard that also gdiddy62 has a GTX_970 GPU now.
      You guys have too much money, hehe. I will have to update as well… Especially my windows OS. It is still XP.

Regarding the sky texture on that screenshot:
      You maybe have missed the moving skies compilation set I uploaded some time ago.
      That one is part of it. It is a mixture of some others. Maybe you find some that you like.

Thank you for your kind words about the SMC.
      I try my best to bring all my ideas and the ones the community has into it and still keep compatibility with original and fan made maps so that you can enjoy it for as many maps as possible.

Have a nice time.

Comment

• heh i just got an MSI GTX 980 TI 6GB 2 months ago...

cost me 700euro, but it was worth every single buck i spend on it
        its a beast of a gpu and can run even the newest games and the most gpu-intensive games
        like ryse son of rome, shadow of mordor, the new tomb raider and doom4
        all on ultra settings (and with downsampling enabled) with a solid 60+ fps

also wow, you're still on XP... why? windows 7 is a perfect replacement for xp imo.
        it has all the greatness from XP plus the few nice things from vista (mainly aero),
        but without all the broken-ness from vista, and it still has a very much usable UI which is similar to XP
        Last edited by talisa; 06-30-2016, 09:40 AM.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Oh tons of envy here from myself, my pc is quite an old ass and I'm forced to keep it for other years since I'm unemployed unfortunately
          Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• Seven
            I have been fortunate with a good promotion at work and extra money made in the summer. I can now dual boot between windows 10 and 7 on my new machine and I still have my old XP machine as well to experiment with games such as Quake.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Blood Vengeance.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
              Seven
              I have been fortunate with a good promotion at work and extra money made in the summer. I can now dual boot between windows 10 and 7 on my new machine and I still have my old XP machine as well to experiment with games such as Quake.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Blood Vengeance.
              Don't worry, misfortune is my "bride" since many years, but I would like to divorce as soon as possible
              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

• sales of products i made for second life helped a looooot for me with saving up for my gpu

i released several body-harnesses in january and ive also made corset-piercings and just last week i released a bikini,
                and ive been making about ~100 US dollar a month from sales of all of those items

without those sales i prolly wouldnt have been able to buy the gpu untill like, about now
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Nice Talisa!

I wish you the best Blood Vengeance!

Comment

• aye second life sales have helped a loooot with saving up for anything.

thanx to the same sales i was able to get myself another 3TB HDD last month (other HDDs were all chockfull... games, music, movies & TV-series mostly),
                    and was able to get myself a 3rd monitor last week to add to my dual-monitor setup to turn it into a triple-monitor setup,

which were both things ive been wanting to get for a quite while.

Comment

• Have 5.30 and want upgrade 5.50 but there only is 5.41 dropbox link. I read about 5.50beta. Someone can give me download link to 5.50?

Thank you very much and Happy Birthday Quake!

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        wow, you're still on XP... why?
                        I use the OS for much more than only writing mails or forum posts.
                        Editing/adjusting all the used software, work chains and network stuff is very time consuming on one side. On the other side there are games that do not run well on newer OS. I am a guy who likes 20+ year old games, so...

But it should be clear as holy water that I will sooner or later have to move to a windows version with my name in it.

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                        Seven
                        That sounds good and congratulations for your promotion.

Originally posted by Lacrima View Post
                        Have 5.30 and want upgrade 5.50 but there only is 5.41 dropbox link. I read about 5.50beta. Someone can give me download link to 5.50?

Thank you very much and Happy Birthday Quake!
                        Aye, will have to merge them into 1 download soon I guess.
                        Please find the newest SMC version on page 273, hidden inside this post.

Have fun,
                        Seven

Comment

• with the new enforcer set as default can anyone pass m2 of dopa. maybe i have not found the right way to attack with there new skills. i find im running low on ammo quick. i may suggest that the shield time they have be less or they are not able to use it as often. something like that. or maybe i just suck too much at a game i have been playing for 20 years. lol i love the new AI skills but it makes the game a bit unbalanced i think at least in that map. other maps maybe not so much. is anyone else struggling?

seven
                          good to know the exploding box is not an smc thing. it was strange and it happened everytime so i thought i would let you know. thanks for the skys pack. the old pc would not run such fancy thing. i got the pc from craigslist it was not very expensive but a big upgrade for my the last pc was like 10 years old. i gave nova the old one and just let him have his way with it. he crashed it when he downloaded so meany free games there was 300 megabytes of free space and he was getting a 2 gig game. braking them is the best way to learn how to fix them. it was slow going but i got him up and running again.

Comment

• its a lot more difficult then standard with quoth's different enforcers,
                            but its do-able with patience. i finished dopa with quoth enforcers enabled myself

involved lots of quick-saving and dying a looot, but i like a good challenge

you can configure both things you mentioned about the enforcer's shield with these two cvars
                            set enforcer_shield_chance 15 (configures how often the enforcers will use shield)

set enforcer_shield_lifetime 3 (configures how long do the shields last)

Comment

• Hello JDStoner,

The fact that SMC v5.50 adds the run&shoot feature and additional enforcer types does not mean you have to use them.

The run&shoot feature can be disabled for the soldier and all 4 enforcer types individually.
                              It makes them a much harder opponent, yes.
                              And the additional enforcer types have higher health and damage values by default.
                              You can/should adjust all of that to match your personal/individual playing skill via smc_config.cfg.

The new 5th episode second base level has a lot of enforcers on hard skill setting.
                              I would never be able to beat them, lol. My playing skills are far from good

============================

Dear all,

I am preparing a new downloadable torch type for the SMC. I like it more than the current default torch model.
                              It is almost as good as the Legend of Grimrock torch & lantern (see lowest screenshot).

The new torch fits perfectly into all those old & rusty castles and maps in Quake in my humble opinion. What do you think ?

These are the Legend of Grimrock torch & lantern (free downloadable from their website):

Torches and fire are what fascinates me the most in computer games. Fire effects are quite hard to create with particles but it makes the game a lot more "real" and alive I think. Maps with spooky lighting and shadows is what still scares me the most in Quake.

Kind regards,
                              Seven

Comment

• Those torches are lovely!
                                Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X