X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
    @nehuel
    Code:
    #merge "orig_progs.dat" //make a copy for sanity...
    #output "progs.dat" //the output
    //now lots of qc code, as if it was added onto the end of the original progs.src
    //except that the types of the previous defs are no longer properly known, unfortunately.

void(string) print = #339; //avoid messing around with the developer cvar.
    wrap void() worldspawn =
    {
    print("I'm in your world, messing up your spawns\n");
    prior();
    print("Okay, I'm all done now\n");
    };
    a '__wrap' function will replace a prior version of the same function. It'll complain if you forget to use the 'prior' function, but you can just add a (void)prior; line, and the compiler will be happy, and the original function will be completely replaced rather than wrapped.
    a '__weak' function will be ignored if the function already exists, and be replaced if followed by a non-weak function
    a '__weak __wrap' function will also be ignored if the function was not previously defined, or wrap the previous one if it was actually defined.
    (if you used the #merge thing, then the keywords are automatically (fully) enabled and the underscores become optional)

with these, it should be possible to write more code for either closed source mods, or (preferably) easily-integrated code for open-source ones.
    eg adding misc_model or particle emitter stuff or whatever for existing mods.
    Great!! this is really usefull thanks Spike!!
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
      Originally posted by Seven View Post
      What made you think it is dead ?
      Maybe the fact that the last time I went to Icculus, the latest beta available was two years old?
      I just visited icculus to check: not only is the latest official release the 20140513 build, but the latest news is STILL dated 2014-05-13 as well. This doesn't give any indication that the project is still going on.
      Last edited by Mugwump; 09-22-2016, 05:08 PM.
      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

• https://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files/?C=M;O=D

syluxman2803

Comment

• Yes, Nahuel, but...

"Other files:
          Beta releases, OLD versions, and miscellaneous mods I made are in the 'files' directory, this page (aka 'downloads') only lists CURRENT versions of darkplaces and some utilities."

When the supposedly current version is two years old and one has to rummage through a page that lists old stuff to find the REAL latest versions, there is clearly something wrong in how you handle your site. LordHavoc should really sort it out.

BTW, what does the ?C=M;O=D string do in that address you gave?

Comment

• date order i think, latest version first

I do not understand the problem.

SMC is not something like an "official mod", Seven uses the latest version of darkplaces... so you need to use the latest versions

there is a solution to the problem, you can read the git Xonotic to know details of revisions

git.xonotic.org Git - xonotic/darkplaces.git/summary

syluxman2803

Comment

• The problem is that the way the site is designed now, it leads people like me who don't know better to think that there hasn't been an update in more than two years.

I wasn't aware of that Xonotic page, thanks. The advice one gets about downloading DP is generally to "go to icculus".

Comment

• Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                I do not understand the problem.

SMC is not something like an "official mod", Seven uses the latest version of darkplaces... so you need to use the latest versions

there is a solution to the problem, you can read the git Xonotic to know details of revisions

git.xonotic.org Git - xonotic/darkplaces.git/summary
                Hello Nahuel,

If it were up to me, I would stick to 1 engine build. Just like you did it back then when you was working on your horror mod.
                The reason is simple:
                I could concentrate on specific/static engine properties and features. Building all my ideas around it and expand from there.
                But people are of course always using the "current" engine build, so I have to fight against engine changes (like changes in particles, shaders, model usage, etc. engine-sided) and have to adapt/adjust the mod to the engine-sided changes. That happened at least 3 times during the lifetime of the SMC so far. Lets see what comes up next

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                Seven,
                Just as an FYI the version of the darkplaces engine that does away with shadow flickering has introduced issues with some shaders in weapons packs. Hopefully can be fixed soon.
                Hello gdiddy as well as everyone else who are using weapon packs with dpreflectcube shaders together with current darkplaces builds. I found the one I developed back then. I called it "stupid barrel idea" LOL
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5CXg-wJM0[/ame]

This is how the shaders should look like. Example for shotgun:
                (assuming cubemaps and weapon skins are placed in the below mentioned folders. If not, adjust the paths accordingly)
                Code:
                v_shot
                {
                	dpreflectcube textures/cubemaps/shot
                 	{
                		map textures/v_shot.tga
                		rgbgen lightingDiffuse
                	}
                }
                Have fun,
                Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                  everyone else who are using weapon packs with dpreflectcube shaders together with current darkplaces builds.
                  Does that include Ruohi's?

Comment

• Thanks for the information seven!
                    I like the stupid barrel test! Lol
                    Last edited by gdiddy62; 10-03-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

everyone else who are using weapon packs with dpreflectcube shaders together with current darkplaces builds
                      Does that include Ruohis'?

no none of the available weapon-packs include such shaders.

the only weapon-pack thats affected is one by someone who i wont mention,
                      who long ago went on a rampage and removed all links to anything he created.

to prevent the person from coming back to rage about re-posting "his creations",
                      i havent made any mirrors to the stuff he made and shared

so dont worry, you wont have any issues with weapons in the 2016 DP builds

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                      I like the stupid barrel test! Lol
                      yeah me too, thats why i also added reflect to the SSG that i collaborated on with BloodShot
                      and why i also added reflect to plague's SNG myself

its a basic effect which doesnt cause any performance-drop but it looks so fancy and adds so much
                      Last edited by talisa; 10-03-2016, 06:49 PM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by talisa View Post
                        no none of the available weapon-packs include such shaders.
                        Thanks. So I can safely update, then. I think I remember reading about said rampage.

Comment

everyone else who are using weapon packs with dpreflectcube shaders together with current darkplaces builds.
                          Does that include Ruohi's?
                          Yes, sure.

The weapon you see in the clip is Ruohis supershotgun.
                          I also made the same for Ruohis shotgun at that time.
                          Click this youtube link to see both of them in action:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J9QI0MPK10

Everybody can do this, as it is just a copy/paste work for ALL weapon models.
                          The shader is independent to the actual weapon model.

You only need 1 additional _reflect texture. That is all.
                          And this _reflect texture is even very easy to create. Just take the diffuse texture and delete (= black out) all parts that should not have the reflect effect. Save, done.

You know, modding is incredibly easy when you have a sample in front of you. A sample of something is all you need to produce variations of it.
                          Creating the first sample is a hundred times harder, as you have to invent/develop something new.

So, if you want this effect on your weapons as well, just do it. It is just copy/paste...

Best wishes,
                          Seven

Comment

Yes, sure.
                            I don't seem to have any shader in my weapons-equip pack, only models and textures.

The weapon you see in the clip is Ruohis supershotgun.
                            Yeah, I noticed it looked identical, just with some extra shininess.

Everybody can do this, as it is just a copy/paste work for ALL weapon models.
                            Even if I could find that shader, I would still need some more explanation, as I currently have no idea how to edit shaders. Can I just open one in a text editor like a .ent file?

Just take the diffuse texture
                            Which one is that? _gloss? Besides the actual "real" textures, I have _bump, _gloss and _norm textures in my pack. By the way, don't bumps and norms basically do the same thing? I thought norms were better looking bumps, I don't see why both would be used at the same time.

You know, modding is incredibly easy when you have a sample in front of you.
                            Perhaps, and I understand and fully support the philosophy behind "teaching someone to fish vs. giving him a fish", but people don't always have the time it takes to learn, especially when it comes to coding with that weird alien syntax full of {s and other cryptic symbols... I've just spent all of yesterday afternoon configuring my SMC, I would never have taken that time if I wasn't currently unemployed.

Comment

I don't seem to have any shader in my weapons-equip pack, only models and textures.
                              Hello bfg666,

What I was trying to say (with my bad english) is, that you can add this effect to any weapon model.

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                              Even if I could find that shader, I would still need some more explanation, as I currently have no idea how to edit shaders. Can I just open one in a text editor like a .ent file?
                              I just sent a pm with both shader powered shotguns to you.
                              Please use them as the samples I spoke about in my above post. And add a similar shader to your other weapons if you want to. Yes, .shader files are only .txt files. You can use the same cubemaps for all weapons as they are weapon independent. Only create the _reflect textures as described in above post and edit the new shader paths + file names accordingly.

Which one is that? _gloss? Besides the actual "real" textures, I have _bump, _gloss and _norm textures in my pack.
                              The diffuse texture is the "real" texture as you call them

By the way, don't bumps and norms basically do the same thing? I thought norms were better looking bumps, I don't see why both would be used at the same time.
                              .bump textures are simple height textures. while .norm textures have additional information like alpha channel. If both textures are present, .bump texture will be skipped by the engine !

Perhaps, and I understand and fully support the philosophy behind "teaching someone to fish vs. giving him a fish"
                              That is exactly correct. You have zero benefit when someone says: "I do this for you, just because I can". In the end you didnt learn anything. Learning from samples is the exact best way and most effectiv. That is why I sent you the pm.
                              Please, we should not talk about those weapon effects in this thread anymore as they are not SMC depending and would derail this threat. If you need further assistance, please create a new threat in the "Help section" or via pm. Thank you.

especially when it comes to coding with that weird alien syntax full of {s and other cryptic symbols... I've just spent all of yesterday afternoon configuring my SMC, I would never have taken that time if I wasn't currently unemployed.
                              We do not speak about coding here. That is just a text file and a texture.

But regarding the smc_config.cfg:
                              I think that you did this for v5.30 smc_config.cfg. But now you want to update to v5.41. ---> You do NOT need to go through this all agin. There is a much better solution for you. I explained it here. Please read it carefully.
                              And do not jump from v5.30 to v5.50 beta3 directly. First you have to settle v5.41.
                              Once this is done, move one to v5.50 beta 3. Or you will chew more than you can swallow (if this is the correct english phrase).

Most important that you have a correct v5.41 smc_config.cfg, edited to your personal liking. Then we talk again.

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

(with my bad english)
                                You keep saying that. You should stop depreciating yourself. You may not be fluent but you already speak a much better english than many native english speakers.

I just sent a pm with both shader powered shotguns to you.
                                Thanks! I'll study those.

We do not speak about coding here. That is just a text file and a texture.
                                A text file that is made of code, not plain text readable by "normal" human beings.

Or you will chew more than you can swallow (if this is the correct english phrase).
                                Close enough. That would actually be "bite more than you can chew".

Please, we should not talk about those weapon effects in this thread anymore as they are not SMC depending and would derail this threat. If you need further assistance, please create a new threat in the "Help section" or via pm. Thank you.
                                Duly noted. Off-topic over.

Thanks for all your technical explanations. I don't know what n00bs like me would do without people like you.

Comment

Working...
                                X