No announcement yet.

Small Mod compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm.... QRP just released a texture-pack for the second official mission-pack last year.
    http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...add-on-release

its been a while though since i recall hearing anything about reforged.

last i recall they were working on textures for the monsters from the second mission-pack.
    and they did release a pre-release pack with the knight statues, overlord, lavaman & the guardians
    and later they also made and released the swords, wrath and dragon

its been a long time though since i heard anything from nergal or alfader.

you could always try poking in the official reforged thread: http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...forged-project
    or attempt to send either Nergal or Alfader a PM asking them about any progress
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by JDSTONE View Post
      Seven what about making the pipe bombs so you can kick them away like gibs? its i fun sounding idea but it may not work in the game play if you never get hurt by them because if you run in to it it gets kick away. i would want monsters to be able to kick them away too just so you know everything is fare. if your playing with mod ideas try this one out let me know if it sucks. hope your enjoying summer tell them young gals hi for me

ps the link for the update seems to have gone bad
      Hello JDStoner,

You always have very interesting ideas.
      I currently do not have the time to do much coding but it sounds too good to not at least try it.
      Please come back once in a while to see if time was on my side

================================================== ===

Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
      That link, and all other board links ever made, are all dead now because of the big forum change. How is someone supposed to get their hands on v5.50 now?
      Hello Mirrorman95,

Yes, that is indeed a huge loss of valuable information within and inside quakeone.com forum...
      All internal forum thread links are now dead. Solecord wrote that it was not possible to avoid it.

================================================== ===

Originally posted by 3371-Alpha View Post
      Where's the download link? I found (very) old versions here, unfortunately they don't work (gives a cacheing error).
      Originally posted by 3371-Alpha View Post
      Reforged's enemy npc models are still downloadable but the "Tech Guide" page has a sh*t ton of broken links.
      See comment above.

Best regards,
      Seven

Comment

• Hello,

In case of interest and people are requesting, I could release the final version of SMC v5.50 as standalone file (including all previous updates/patches).
        It will be the base version for all further updates.

As well as the update to v5.60 with all the new features we spoke about and were developed since then (over the last months).

Some of the v5.60 features that come to my mind are:
        • explosives can spawn interactive blood splats on enemies
        • option for film / grain overlay effect (like in old movies)
        • additional teleporter 1st person view effects
        • new underwater/slime/lave effects (colored view, dust/bubble particles)
        • additional weapon effects (RL & GL muzzleflashes and LG custom beams)
        • enable/disable shadow for all torches (handy when using custom torch models with RT lights)
        • adjustable player view height (aka adjustable size of player)
        • adjustable flesh/meat splashes and blood particles when shooting enemies (to increase gore)
        • shalrath´s idle animation fix

It is difficult to search this forum now, so I only have a few links to post, that shows some of the above mentioned features.

Kind regards,
        Seven

Comment

• adjustable flesh/meat splashes and blood particles when shooting enemies (to increase gore)

Can't wait to repaint the singleplayer maps
          I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
          My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
            Hello,

In case of interest and people are requesting, I could release the final version of SMC v5.50 as standalone file (including all previous updates/patches).
            It will be the base version for all further updates.
            Kind regards,
            Seven
            Yes, please!

Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

• Hello,

Page 1 is updated and has something to download again...

UPDATE 20170812

Version V5.50 Release

Update history since last official version 5.41:

New features:
              • Blood splatters on HUD when gibbing corpses or living monster while standing nearby
              • Enforcers + Soldiers can now dodge as well as shooting + running (at the same time). Based on Nehahra mod.
              • 3 new Enforcer replacements: Defender, Eliminator, Pyro. Based on Quoth mod.
              • Added new default torch model

Updated features:
              • Monster Reiver was too strong. Adjusted his properties a little bit.
              • Implemented all previous SMC updates/patches into one version: v5.50
              • Some cvar and effectinfo adjustments
              • Bugfixes

This will be the new base version for all upcoming updates.
              So be sure to use it and delete all files from older versions in your Quake.
              I also updated the Hipnotic SMC version.

Please find updated links in 1st post.

================================================== =====

I updated the Tutorial about the model skins and fixed broken download & screenshot links here

Working on all new SMC v5.60 features now as explained in my post above
              Download will follow shortly (it will need the new v5.50 version as base).

Kind regards,
              Seven

Comment

• Thanks alot for the updated version ! New Monster variations are always welcome :-)

Edit: The blood effect screenshots ->
                Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 08-13-2017, 01:05 PM.
                I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
                My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

• Hello TheKillingJoke,

You are speaking about the screenshots in the SMC download .rar file ?
                  If you like them you will most probably also like the new v5.60 cvars:
                  - gore_amplifier
                  - fleshsplat_amplifier

Both of them have been designed for people who cannot get enough of the reddish color in their Quake.
                  You will even find an overkill feature in v5.60. But I had to keep it hidden because of the users under 21.
                  To enable that beast you have to go a little deeper...
                  But time will tell.

Have fun,
                  Seven

Comment

• Dear all,

UPDATE 20170816

Version V5.60 Release

Update history since 5.50:

New features:
                    1. Option to make Player grenades kickable and adjustable detonation time --> Big fun
                    2. New underwater + in slime + in lava effects (colored view, dust / bubble particles)
                    3. Adjustable player size (aka view height / eye level)
                    4. New teleporter travel effects
                    5. New weapon effects (Rocket & Grenade launcher muzzleflashes and custom Lightning gun beams)
                    6. New shambler lightning attack model
                    7. RL & GL projectile explosions now spawn interactive blood splats from monsters and players
                    8. Option to disable shadows for torches (handy when using custom torch models with RT lights)
                    9. Adjustable amount of flesh / meat chunks when shooting enemies (to increase gore)
                    10. Adjustable blood splash particles when shooting enemies (to increase gore)
                    11. Option for old film / grain look overlay effect (like in old movies)
                    12. New lightning trap visual effect

Please find updated links in 1st post.

For some new features I could take a screenshot.
                    The other features cannot be caught in a static screenshot, please download and try them yourself:

Trap lightning effect:

Torch model shadow fix:

Shambler lightning beam:

Lightning Gun beam:

Old scratchy/grainy film look overlay effect (this is a dynamic effect):

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Comment

• just downloaded and noticed that the rar of the 5.60 update doesnt include the actual update pk3 itself
                      Last edited by talisa; 08-16-2017, 08:13 PM.
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• What ?
                        It must have been this darn Gremlin again. I told him many times not to eat my files.
                        He cannot keep his fingers off things that do not belong to him.
                        Well, it is my own fault. I should not have opened the Pandora´s box of Hipnotic …
                        Try downloading v5.60 update again to see if its complete this time.

Oh, and Special Thanks to JDStoner for the request to have kickable grenades.
                        It turned out as a great idea with which one can have much fun (set detonation time a little higher).
                        It is really entertaining to kick grenades into the face of your opponent and see him gib into pieces.
                        How relaxing …

I can only recommend to download the v5.60 update. It has lots of beautiful and useful new features and contains most of the things I was working on and off the last months.
                        Free time has become really rare so I am happy to release the bundle. Hopefully others find it somehow useful and will enjoy it.

Kind regards,
                        Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          What ? It must have been this darn Gremlin again.

its always that damn gremlin.... eating files and generally breaking everything

just re-downloaded and now the file is there

Comment

• Thanks Seven. I dont get much time to play but will check this out the new effects look good i like the shambler pic

Comment

• Hi guys, i am back after a loooong Quake break.. I am looking at my packages right now and want to add some updates, but this is so much that changed in the last couple of years..

@Seven: It it possible to make a stand alone package for the flying particle effect?

Comment

• Hello TR2N,

The idea and nature of the SMC is to give you the freedom to adjust the mod to your personal liking WITHOUT the necessity to change the source.
                                That is what the SMC is all about.
                                Simply disable all the unwanted features via the included smc_config.cfg. And keep the ones you like.

You can use the one attached below, which has all features disabled except the flying dust particle effect that you mentioned.
                                You can use it with SMC v5.50 or v5.60, so you do not need to go through it all if you are too lazy.

Have fun with your Quake,
                                Seven

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X