No announcement yet.

Player Model using Moo's model - 3 Skin Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude you are a photoshop genius! But which is suposed to be the invisibility and pent mix?
    A suggestion: You should add scars to the wounded faces, the blood looks just splattered on them.. lol
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

Originally posted by daniocampo1992 View Post
      Dude you are a photoshop genius! But which is suposed to be the invisibility and pent mix?
      A suggestion: You should add scars to the wounded faces, the blood looks just splattered on them.. lol
      not all the faces are there. I just posted those as an example.

you're right about the scars, but my photoshop skills only stretch so far. i think skinning scars is a little out of my skill level, but hey, no ones perfect

Comment

Dude you did a great job! I trust you can do it..
        14/05/1811

Comment

It's released!
          See first post!

Comment

I like what you did with the quad/pent face. works much better (not sure why I didnt think of that tbh)

Would be cool if LordHavoc included support for the quad/pent face in the next release.

Oh and also, tell him to fix the missing silver key bug on E4M5, it's really put a halt on the last part of my playthrough

Comment

I wonder how My-Key makes those amazing textures..
              14/05/1811

Comment

My-Key is multi-talented. The modelling project post in the news awhile back - that was his model. Then he's done all the normal maps in QRP (to my knowledge). Would love to see him release some of the content he might of used for QRP but was never used. I know he's made some rocket ammo, as that was shown to me when we discussed reviving the remodelling project.

Comment

Will these work with Qrack? There's no readme for noobs like myself. I see a pk3 and a .tga in the files-- isn't pk3 for darkplaces?

Comment

Qrack supports pk3's too, they should work just fine.
                    Place the pk3 in the .../quake/qrack/ folder. I am away from my PC but that should do the trick.

If not; in console type:
                    gl_loadq3models 1

and see if that makes a difference. The last part (if that doesn't work) is to still use gl_loadq3models 1 and in the pk3's rename the .mdl to .md3

Comment

hmmm, I thought I posted a reply, but it never went through.

The only way I've been able to get new models/skins to work with qrack is to have a textures/models folder present in the qrack folder. New skins/models are of course placed inside. So, do I just take the pk3 and put it in the models folder then?

Also, I don't see any file that ends in .mdl anywhere.

Comment

Inside the progs folder
                        That's where models are (most games use "models" as the folder, Quake uses progs)

Comment

People always talk about this "progs" folder here at quakeone. I have NEVER had a progs folder, or seen a progs folder ANYWHERE in my Quake file tree. No idea what progs is or if I'm supposed to have it. Weird. So I'm still lost. It's nowhere in the qrack folder either.

Like I said, the only way I've been able to get new enemy skins to work was to make a "textures/models" filetree myself in qrack.

Comment

Look inside the .pak files usually there is structure that you dont see with the naked eye.
                            I am not sure but I think you need the progs dir for custom models not the textures for them.
                            I always uncompress pk3's and paks so I can look over them and avoid conflicting files.
                            like Ooppee said but the reverse is sometimes true
                            sometimes to get .md3 models to load you have to rename .md3 to .mdl
                            Last edited by bluntz; 08-09-2011, 12:06 PM.
                            WARNING
                            May be too intense for some viewers.
                            Stress Relief Device
                            ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                            ---------------------------
                            .--------------------------

Comment

Alright, I decided to bang my head against the wall again today and try to get this to work after dropping it for a while.

Placing the pak 3 from one of the three player model folders in my qrack folder does nothing. I did some more digging around this site and found that people sometimes rename pk3 to .zip files in order to extract them and/or look inside. I tried that approach and found I was now able to see progs and textures folders. Am I on the right track?

What do I do now? I'm assuming I create a progs folder in my Qrack folder? Then place the progs and textures stuff where they need to go?

You guys are incredibly talented here, but most everyone seems to skip critical steps in the explanation process of these things. I can't believe I stumbled onto renaming the pk3 to .zip. Thanks for your help regardless. This stuff is hard.

Comment

Hello Seven_Force,

I like your nickname.

Please let me try to help you here.
                                I am absolutely not experienced with Qrack.
                                But I read just the other month, that R00k himself (the brain behind Qrack),
                                explains exactly how to use a .md3 player model in his wonderful engine.

Please follow this link: klick

If you are successful, your Quake could look like this: klick

Maybe these threads can help you in any way.
                                If not, I am sorry. Please send R00k a pm. He is a nice guy and will surely help.

Kind regards,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X