Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who told you that ?
    That is not correct.

External content will be used automagically from ID1, if there is NO such content in the mod folder.

Example:
    1.) The famous start.ent file, that many people here give headaches.
    There is no such file both addon .pak files.
    So DP uses the one from your ID1 folder... --> and will lead to a "crash".
    2.) The player.mdl is NOT inside the hipnotic .pak file, so hipnotic will use the replacement from ID1 folder.
    But there is a player.mdl in the rogue .pak file !
    So rogue will NOT use the replacement file from ID1.

If there are several files with the same name in a mod folder,
    DP uses the loading sequence, that you can read in detail here:
    click me softly

Hope that this will help a little.

Seven

Comment

Ah, I see. ID1 folder only works as universal loading repository for as long as the same file isn't present again in any other dir you are loading (well, at least in this specific case it's like that). Makes sense, didn't think of that. I will put the player files again into "rogue" dir and see if it works then.

Another solution would probably be to use Reforged player skins (once they are available) - these wouldn't use an external model and could still be applied to the rogue player.mdl.

Anyway, thanks for the clearification!
      Last edited by NightFright; 01-06-2012, 03:56 AM.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

You can place this into the Rouge folder too and it will not cause ANY issues at all.
        The reason Rouge has a new player.mdl is because they added sub-skins to the model that are only used for CTF. So unless you intend to play CTF in DoE - using this model will be fine.

I can easily add in CTF skins to the model (just red armor and blue armor) if it's needed/wanted.

Comment

I am only playing singleplayer, so from my side, a modification is not exactly required. Call me crazy, but actually I would even prefer a Reforged player skin since I think the "origami" look of the original models is typical for Quake. But it's not available yet, so this model is the best solution for having a highres player char in Darkplaces & Co. Great that it also works with MP2 after all. ^^
          Authentic Models Pack
          OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
          LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

I prefer Reforged skins to available remodels too, but there is one more good reason to use this one in single player - your shadow looks much better from fpp view thanks to higher poly model and you don't have many occasions to see yourself in singleplayer anyway

But seriously, this model is nice.
            Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

Originally posted by NightFright View Post
              also works with MP2 after all. ^^
              Doesn't in it's CTF mode as I didn't do skingroups.
              Need to do a MP1 version - when a player uses the Hammer -- model changes.

Would this be a update people would like to see?

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
                Need to do a MP1 version - when a player uses the Hammer -- model changes.

Would this be a update people would like to see?
                if i would? definitely would love to see that!

right now it looks stupid that when you switch to the hammer suddenly the entire player model changes to the old blocky ID1 model.
                so i would def love to have a model for when the player uses the hammer too <3

its something that always bugged me, but i never use the hammer much cuz imo its pretty much the most useless weapon ever in a game, so i didnt bother to ask really. but it would be great to have player model too for when player uses the hammer
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hey, I know this thread is old but I was wondering if there was an update to these models for MP1(Scourge of Armagon) when the player uses the hammer.

Comment

Working...
                  X