Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugwump
    replied
    Talisa, sorry for the very late reply but I had forgotten about this thread (at the time I didn't know how to subscribe to threads). Thanks, I'll try the link when I'm on a proper computer - I'm typing this on my phone. And what about Smith's?

@anyone who can provide an answer: I'm having an issue with the water edges making weird bright artefacts where they intersect with solid brushes. I remember reading about a simple fix for this but I can't recall where I read that or what the method is. Help?

Also, how can I set different transparency values for water and slime? Both for looking through it from outside and for swimming in it. I don't think slime, or dirty water for that matter, should look as crystal clear as clean water. I remember reading a reply from Seven to Blood Vengeance about tinting the screen when swimming in blood and I think it might be part of the solution, but it's not enough and I don't remember where I read that either.

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
    Screenshots 1
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg dp20050222193921-00.jpg (87.7 KB, 15 views)
    File Type: jpg dp20050222193926-00.jpg (73.4 KB, 11 views)
    File Type: jpg dp20050222193948-00.jpg (89.3 KB, 8 views)
    Funny that no-one seems to have noticed it... HGDagon, if you still haven't figured the problem out, your screenshot names indicate that you were using a very old build from 2005.

Edit: Please disregard that last paragraph. Files are named according to the system date, not the build release date. Then again, wrong system dates can cause some whacked out errors, at least on Windows, so maybe there's a fire to the smoke here.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-03-2016, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    there is a second link in webangel's post that does work
    (right underneath the video)

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Be sure to also try Webangelīs and Smithīs beautiful water packs and pick the one you like the most. I am sure you will find the right one for you.
    - Webangelīs pack with dp_waterscroll usage
    - Smithīs variation
    Hey Seven, the links to both Webangel's and Smith's variations are dead. I'd very much like to try them.

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Good times are not always what they seem

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    laissez bon temps rouler!
    That is a horrendous, grammatically incorrect literal translation that makes absolutely no sense in french. A more accurate translation that doesn't butcher the language would be "payons-nous du bon temps."

Sorry for the off-topic but I'm seeing this mistake quite frequently lately and it makes me cringe. I've even seen it tattooed on a SuicideGirl's belly, which made me LOL pretty hard! Poor girl...

Leave a comment:

• drowning_witch
    replied
    What a beautiful and yet demanding mod. Thanks for the great work on it!

I was able to play the base quake game with it enabled+ darkplaces engine lighting and effects both maxed, on my gtx 660 at 1680x1050 res, with constant 60 fps.

However, map 2 of the hipnotic expansion required me to set "r_water 0", as framerate tanked on that map down to 30 fps in the 2 large water areas.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Quaketastic <-

Direct linking breaks entirely, scroll down and snag it from the list.

The link should be updated to reflect that link instead,or a new host should be found that will allow direct linking.

I also personally dropped it http://www.filedropper.com/prettydpwaterpackv055seven @ filedropper , the file came directly from quakestastic right now.

http://www.quaketastic.com/files/sin....55__Seven.zip

that link should work too, IDK what is going on. sysop of Quaddicted should be notified lol.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 12-10-2014, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrgnstrn
    replied
    Seven, please repair the download link in the first post.

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Hello my friend.

I think I saw this kind of effect a few days ago at inside3d: here
    Barnes made this kind of effect for his Q2 engine too it seems.

I tested your caustic sample. Very good implementation Nahuel !!
    It looks already good with vanilla water, but with "DP pretty water" it is simply amazing !
    I love it. Great job Nahuel !

Best regards
    i think barnes did an engine modification, this is qc based and pretty old stuff but i didnīt share it, i did take the caustic images from tomazquake folder!! I think caustic in dp is a very good idea, but i do not know how implement it -or even if this is possible- :/

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello my friend.

I think I saw this kind of effect a few days ago at inside3d: here
    Barnes made this kind of effect for his Q2 engine too it seems.

I tested your caustic sample. Very good implementation Nahuel !!
    It looks already good with vanilla water, but with "DP pretty water" it is simply amazing !
    I love it. Great job Nahuel !

Best regards

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    But they are usualy performance hungry...
    fake caustic-lightning is really performance hungry
    If you want to test it, test map e1m1 in the cave (where is the superhealth) Not so good effect though and really really laggy

https://anonfiles.com/file/c1a00bef7...8219afb776324f

Leave a comment:

• nahuel
    replied
    Guys, PLEASE use Mingw for compile darkplaces

robust compiler for a robust engine

Leave a comment:

• BielBdeLuna
    replied
    we're working on it at github, we're making an open version of the engine as at this moment it's not really prepared for modding, you can do your maps but defs and scripting at the moment is out of the question. we've ported some stuff from dhewm3 and vanilla linux d3, like the map compiling, the hl2 portalsky, the cinematic skip option, soft shadows, PBR rendering (which is quite the last addition, still in testing stage)
    the idea is to have a idtech4 GPL engine that at least has all the possibilities of vanilla d3 with all the improvements for all kinds of games.

check us out at:
    https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/RBDOOM-3-BFG

and specially:
    https://github.com/OpenTechEngine/OpenTechBFG

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by BielBdeLuna View Post
    fog in water as well as outside should react to light intensity and colour, light colour should be then tinted with the fog's own colour

in idtech4 we use lights as fog volumes, but this solution only defines fog colour and volume, it doesn't account for the end result as i mentioned earlier.

fog is whatever is inside a cloud, if the cloud is flashed with a red light the cloud will be red and so it's internal fog. therefore fog should be highly dependant on the lights hitting it.
    Have you tried working with Darkplaces? I think it supports similar lighting to Doom3 but I don't know for sure.

I see that you have worked on Doom3BFG, Whats your opinion on it compared to the original?

Leave a comment:

• BielBdeLuna
    replied
    fog in water as well as outside should react to light intensity and colour, light colour should be then tinted with the fog's own colour

in idtech4 we use lights as fog volumes, but this solution only defines fog colour and volume, it doesn't account for the end result as i mentioned earlier.

fog is whatever is inside a cloud, if the cloud is flashed with a red light the cloud will be red and so it's internal fog. therefore fog should be highly dependant on the lights hitting it.

Leave a comment:

• Cobalt
    replied
    @Seven -

Past time for me to learn engine coding, sounds like closing in on your time

I tried again to use MS visual studio and compile a pre downloaded src of DP. After doing absolutely nothing to the files , a compile results in errors...that has me stumped for a couple of years now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X