No announcement yet.

"DP Pretty Water" Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This works great on my main computer, and my laptop, I can keep above 60fps on both. But for some reason, my second computer drops well below 30fps in certain areas. My second computer has an ATI 6850 graphics card, whereas my main computer and laptop, both use nvidia GPU's. I'm guessing the issue is down to drivers (im using the latest)

Comment

• Hi folks,

after trying a whole evening to get it looking like Sevenīs one from the YouTube video i am at the end of my knowledge. I canīt get it to work correcty. I have visīed maps, downloaded the linked maps from the 1st post, controlled the rights of the filesystem - no way. I have made a fraps-video to show you how it looks:

DP pretty water bug - YouTube

So what i am doing wrong?? I am using the latest DP build on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks for all,
      Nico
      Last edited by TR2N; 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Sorry. Your Video is private!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TR2N View Post
          Hi folks,

after trying a whole evening to get it looking like Sevenīs one from the YouTube video i am at the end of my knowledge. I canīt get it to work correcty. I have visīed maps, downloaded the linked maps from the 1st post, controlled the rights of the filesystem - no way. I have made a fraps-video to show you how it looks:

DP pretty water bug - YouTube

So what i am doing wrong?? I am using the latest DP build on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks for all,
          Nico
          Nico I canīt watch your video!! change the license please!!
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Sorry guys, it is open now. Today is the day of fail, sorry.... ;-)

Comment

• Your water is transparent...
              What exactly is your problem??
              IDK
              Last edited by webangel; 10-04-2011, 02:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• It does not look so vivid/plastic like the water in Sevenīs video in the first post of this thread. It is transparent, but i miss the details and waves comparing my water with Sevenīs. I have tubed the same places in my video like Seven, where you can see a difference.

Thanks so much guys!
                Nico
                Last edited by TR2N; 10-04-2011, 03:05 PM. Reason: Typo and adding some more info

Comment

• Tomorrow, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                    Tomorrow, please!
                    No problem, my bed is calling me too!

Comment

• Hello TR2N,
                      please add "r_water" "1" into your config.cfg or type r_water 1 into the console!

Comment

• That is what the readme says.
                        It is always interesting to see how much people hate to read those...

Comment

• Hi webangel and Seven,

it was already added in my config.cfg, running it manually twice from console for testing doesnīt change anything. It does not look like Seven ones, strange..

Comment

• Please try this configurations:
                            "r_water_resolutionmultiplier" "0.4"
                            "r_wateralpha" "0.400000"
                            "r_waterscroll" "5.500000"

Comment

• Sorry, no change.. I donīt understand this. Seven, do you have an idea?

Comment

• Please try THIS pack and use my config for a test.

Comment

Working...
                                X