• Show
Clear All

• Off-topic, but Killing Joke rule.
    IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by MH View Post
      Off-topic, but Killing Joke rule.
      Of course MH! Of course!!

@webangel: THIS is the shit! What is the difference?? Now it looks better!
      Last edited by TR2N; 10-05-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• I don´t know!
        This is Sevens special "Disco Version".

You can check our configs!
        Last edited by webangel; 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TR2N View Post
          Of course MH! Of course!!

@webangel: THIS is the shit! What is the difference?? Now it looks better!
          maybe the problem is the video card :S
          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Maybe Coleman's eyes are freaking it out...
            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by MH View Post
              Maybe Coleman's eyes are freaking it out...
              Yeah, these problems are called "Mathematics of Chaos"!

Comment

• I changed the water texture a little.
                What do you think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ewSpxjdaI]Water.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
                [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dT_FQ8PnzY]Slime.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I like it! Good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by TR2N View Post
                    I like it! Good work!
                    Cool!
                    I´m fine tuning it right now!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51hlXDtn9uM]Water2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfdEicU670[/ame]
                    Last edited by webangel; 10-07-2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: Slimer:)

Comment

• Originally posted by webangel View Post
                      I changed the water texture a little.
                      What do you think?
                      sweet, looks great
                      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello webangel,

It is good to see that people continue working on "DP pretty water".

But seeing your video I have to say be careful.
                        The less transparent your texture will be, the more static the water will look.
                        I see that you use a lot of opaque white areas in your texture.
                        Depending on the angle you look into the water (your first video shows this), the water will look very static.
                        It looks a little bit like "floating ice sheet".
                        I think this description matches it quite good. I hope you understand what I am trying to say

And you see from TR2N´s post that it seems to be the case that people like "Disco´s" version because of this fact.
                        "Disco´s" version uses extremely transparent textures.
                        That makes it very alive and dynamic. And gives that shiny look, that will be more and more lost when making it more opaque.
                        I made "Disco´s" version because Disco Rockstar requested it some month ago. He makes fantastic video clips and needed a "shiny water"

Other than that, thank you for your work webangel and keeping the modding scene alive.

Best wishes,
                        Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                          It looks a little bit like "floating ice sheet".
                          yeah i do have to agree a bit on that with seven.
                          they look real neat but a bit to opaque too IMO compared to the water from seven.
                          but i love the more detailed textures on them though
                          try making them a bit more transparent so their transparancy is just as much as the ones from seven
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• hi

im using the reflect setting now on the water shader.

what do you think?

regards

Sean

Comment

• @sean
                              Looks interesting. How bad is the hit on fps? I know you always like to optimize, but still curious if there is any significant hit at all?
                              @webangel
                              What happened with your work? You going to release for us your work on this as you were going strong?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                                im using the reflect setting now on the water shader.

what do you think?
                                hrm imo it looks to glassy, it looks more like rippled glass then water now, need more clear texture

Comment

Working...
                                X