No announcement yet.

DP New_Teleport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will maybe laugh, but I usually shoot 3 times into teleporters, before I enter them.

You never know what dark creatures hide behind them...
    "Better shoot first and ask later"

Thank you for your compilation Spinvis.
    Now we have a great pool to choose from.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPMFOp3YtDI&feature=related]YouTube - Nexuiz - Euclidean FAIL (WarpZones)[/ame]

nexuiz has warpzones. which would do exactly what you want with teleporters...you can see through them and shoot through them
      Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

Not really, the teleporters are a mix of the current teleporters and mapping tricks. Watch that video - even frame by frame when he is going down the stairs - you will see the quick flash. Shooting through yes, hoever seeing through appears to be just simply copy and paste - I did notice that you don't ever see entities at the teleporters - see the map yes - but can can easily be done. Copy all the brushes to where you get exited from - paste them behind the trigger of being teleported - and instantly it looks like a 3D view of the exit - when in reality it's just brushes behind it.

I could be wrong but that is exactly how it looks like it's been done - try the same mod with no clip. I will give it a try and see if that's the case. Although I will say can't be done in Q1's maps without editing them. It's a combination of mapping and coding.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinvis View Post
          Here you go, they are 7zipped so you'll need the latest 7zip to extract the content in your ID1 folder. Credits to Seven, inkub0 and Moon[Drunk] for the original DP Teleports.

teleport.7z
          teleport-red.7z
          When I try to extract these 7-zip complains that the compression method is unsupported...

Comment

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
            I think shooting in portals will change alot the original Quake gameplay
            Why is that a bad thing? :-P

I need a fakenick so I can say more things like this without people noticing it's me...

I would love portals in Quake. I find them so weird that they very well fit the theme of Quake with all those intersecting dimensions and whatnot.

The portals in prey are pretty Quakey to me. Quake is about fucked-up stuff, and portals are fucked up.

Same for changing the gravity's direction so the wall becomes the floor, etc.

Absolutely fits the picture. Quake is a twisted game, and Shub would like it.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Is it maybe also possible to have this new fancy effects while preserving or at least imitating the dark-brown texture we know from the original game? I am a fan of stuff which sticks close to the original. ^^
              Authentic Models Pack
              OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
              LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

Originally posted by ChronoSeth View Post
                When I try to extract these 7-zip complains that the compression method is unsupported...
                I guess you need the latest (9.18 beta) version of 7-zip -> 7-Zip
                – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
                – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                  My 2 cents:

The distortion over the teleport is a great idea!
                  ( stargate rulez )

Yes i think the stars texture is better, because is more faithful to original Q1...

Plus, the Cthulhu cycle says that the Ancients and the other gods came from the stars...

so, we'll have a distorted starfield, like tou are looking it from a dimensional door.
                  Is that you or Keenan Wynn in your avatar?

Comment

LOLLL no ,
                    that is a portrait of my Grandpa!

(Yes, the face is the same)

Originally posted by Walter90 View Post
                    Is that you or Keenan Wynn in your avatar?
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

Wow That is Sic.... I keep staring at it waiting for it to whooooosh open.
                      Great job Seven!
                      WARNING
                      May be too intense for some viewers.
                      Stress Relief Device
                      ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                      ---------------------------
                      .--------------------------

Comment

Some absolutely beautiful work Seven and Spinvis- I have been playing around with the colors and effects and they're beautiful!
                        Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
                        Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spinvis View Post
                          Here you go, they are 7zipped so you'll need the latest 7zip to extract the content in your ID1 folder. Credits to Seven, inkub0 and Moon[Drunk] for the original DP Teleports.

teleport.7z
                          teleport-red.7z
                          Sorry, can't download files from 4shared. Filefront or rapidshare mirror, please

There was the remastering project like Reforged called "Deluxe Quake", it's not finished and seems to be dead currently, but they've done some work. Nice idea for "disco ball" teleports:

Comment

WOAH!
                            Those screens are perfect!!!
                            Check out my awesome Deviant art page!
                            Quake fanart (obviously included)!

http://harry-the-fox.deviantart.com/

Comment

UPDATE 19.02.2011

Due to a Code change in DarkPlaces builds (in november 2010), "DP New Teleport" visual has been changed.
                              I modified the texture to have the same look as before again (but only for the most popular RED version with new shader).
                              I highly recommend using DP builds from february 2011 (or later) due to great FPS increase.

Please find updated Download Link in first post.

Kind regards,
                              Seven

Comment

I tried the new teleports yesterday and I got a good -15~20 fps drop, in start.bsp
                                was it a conflict with other stuff? (using a Q9300/560ti machine here btw)

I had to remove the pk3 although I liked them....
                                In time, Fire will fade ... and only Dark will remain

Comment

Working...
                                X