No announcement yet.

"DP New-Lava" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone be so kind to reupload the "Webangel lava"? I would like to check it out, too... Have been taking a break for a while and try now to update my Quake files.
    Last edited by NightFright; 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM.
    Authentic Models Pack
    OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
    LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• @nightfright
      sure, gimme just a bit, uploading it for ya.
      ill update the post with link when its done uploading

EDIT
      le voila, as promised, ze link:
      http://www.mediafire.com/?3477tfeztmbbu1r
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• A fast service! Thanks, dear! ^^
        Authentic Models Pack
        OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
        LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• sure, you're welcome
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Hello. After some experiments I found that

---deformVertexes wave 1500 sin 2 1 0 0.3

in shader gives a good result almost without texture breaking.
            This looks like a real lava movement.
            You could try
            WBR

Comment

• Here is a new link for my modification from Sevens "Pretty Lava".
              I tried to make the textures that I use a little bit sharper this time.

>>Download<<

Comment

• Great work!!

Comment

• Hello webangel,

Thank you for your release.
                  I compared the texture resolution with other lava packs and saw that you went from 512x512 to 1024x1024 for the same texture.
                  That is the main reason why the lava is still quite unsharp. The upscaling process of textures ends always in "unsharpness" somehow.

I quickly exchanged the diffuse texture to original 512x512 texture version and also raised the "tcMod scale" shader keyword around 50% and the result was sharper, but kept the same look.

Anyhow, thank you for your tireless dedication in creating new variations.
                  That is great.

Best wishes,
                  Seven

Comment

• looks great webangel
                    however it doesnt look for me like how it looks in your pic :/

only when i turn of RT world shadow it looks like in your pic, but still then only partially

could you look into making it always look like on your pic and that it isnt dependant on lighting how it looks?
                    cuz right now it seems to depend on the lighting in the map wether or not it looks like how it was intended to look

EDIT: while looking through the maps i found this, a perfect example of what i mean about that it depends on lighting wether or not the lava looks like how it was intended. just look how different the part of lava in the shadow looks

Comment

• I... I don't get it. I get the same "error" as Talisa but later she/he states it isn't an error and it all depends on the current maps lightning? ._.
                      Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• I dont know Ghostbreed.
                        I just want to give a new link to it because the old one doesnt work anymore.
                        Then I thought I should use my new textures.....

I have to check out what the problem is.

You can use Talisas link:
                        Lava.pk3

She was so kind and make a mirror!
                        Last edited by webangel; 05-07-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• i didnt say it isnt an error, i said that it seems to depend on lighting in a map wether or not the lava looks like its intended to look...

which shouldnt be the case, the lava should always look the same, and shouldnt look all dark and missing parts of the texture when in dark areas. lava is a glowing substance, the visual of it should be the same no matter what the lighting in a map is

Comment

• Right. For me it isnt lightning depended.
                            So there must be a error somewhere

Thanks for the mirror talisa. I dont have a copy from the last working version....

I will look at it, fix it and make the textures sharper and smaller.

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                            i didnt say it isnt an error, i said that it seems to depend on lighting in a map wether or not the lava looks like its intended to look...

which shouldnt be the case, the lava should always look the same, and shouldnt look all dark and missing parts of the texture when in dark areas. lava is a glowing substance, the visual of it should be the same no matter what the lighting in a map is

Comment

• A little misunderstanding from my side then
                              I'll try Talisas link in a minute
                              Souvenirs d'un autre monde

Comment

• Nono Ghostbreed,
                                everything is right. Please try Talisas mirror...

Comment

Working...
                                X