Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shambler High-Poly Model by Andrew Joll

Hello,

due to the fact, that ooppee made as a gift with the new High-Poly monsters from Obi-Wan,
    and people sending me PMīs asking for the Andrew Jollīs Shambler model, I created this thread.

It seems to be the case, that this model is not easy to find nowadays.
    Itīs Andrew Jollīs model with slightly modified skin textures.
    I was lucky to find this version years ago (readme.txt is inlcuded).
    Andrewīs main focus was to create a High-Poly Shambler which looks exactly like original !
    And he really did it.

I didnt touched/modified it. Just wanted to make it available for all of you.

Download, alternative Download

---

Please be informed, that there is also a second/different High-Poly Shambler model available.
    Ooppee even made a modified "fury" skin for it (find more about it in post #48 of that thread).
    That shambler looks very different from original though.

Kind Regards,
    Seven
    Last edited by Seven; 10-02-2011, 07:01 AM.

Furry shambler, me wants, thanks a lot Seven for sharing, the shambler really looks nice on the pictures, can't wait to see it in game.

Edit: I tried it out in game and it looks flippin' dope, the furry shambler is back, it needs rtworld lights to see the full glory of this monster but man oh man it really is a treat. Thanks for sharing Seven.
    Last edited by Spinvis; 11-06-2010, 12:13 PM.
    FPS Source Ports

Comment

can some informed people tell me which map I should load to see this monster? I'm very curious of the result and I'd like to go straight to the level where I can see it! Thanks

Comment

the best choices are maps "end" or e4m7 - "azure agony". in these maps, you will meet shambler sooner than you would like to :-)
        -
        jakub
        my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
        Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
        Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

thanks jakub. Indeed I can appreciate the difference of the new model

Comment

Seven and Oppee,

Oppee i downloaded your shambler "fury" skin and i cant get it to work. Let me explain my setup and what Ive tried. Please let me know what i am doing wrong.

1 - DP is installed in my Quake folder. Everything else is in the ID1 folder.

2 - I searched for anything shambler/shamb/sham and moved them out of the quake folder to a temp folder on my desktop. (17 files total)

3 - I downloaded your shamblerskin.zip and extracted the 3 below files and put them in quake\id1\textures

shambler.tga
            shambler_gloss.tga
            shambler_norm.tga

I do not have any other PK3s related to a shambler running or PK3s related to monster skins/textures.

I start DP and go to E1M6 and go up to the shambler. He looks like the OLD shambler. Clearly i am doing something wrong but i cant figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Rockstar View Post
              Seven and Oppee,

Oppee i downloaded your shambler "fury" skin and i cant get it to work. Let me explain my setup and what Ive tried. Please let me know what i am doing wrong.

1 - DP is installed in my Quake folder. Everything else is in the ID1 folder.

2 - I searched for anything shambler/shamb/sham and moved them out of the quake folder to a temp folder on my desktop. (17 files total)

3 - I downloaded your shamblerskin.zip and extracted the 3 below files and put them in quake\id1\textures

shambler.tga
              shambler_gloss.tga
              shambler_norm.tga

I do not have any other PK3s related to a shambler running or PK3s related to monster skins/textures.

I start DP and go to E1M6 and go up to the shambler. He looks like the OLD shambler. Clearly i am doing something wrong but i cant figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you,
              These are how the files look for the Quake reforged skins for Darkplaces. Darkplaces uses different filenames. Try and go off these and see if you can get them working using this filename format.

shambler.mdl_0_luma.jpg
              shambler.mdl_0_norm.jpg
              shambler.mdl_0.jpg
              shambler.mdl_0_gloss.jpg

Quakereforged puts these in then "progs" folder. So Im not sure the difference as far as that goes. But definately try the dp style filenames.
              If you see 427 playing Quake thats me.

Comment

Hello Disco,

First of all, you are talking about FredrikHīs shambler model from this thread.
                Not from Andrew Jollīs model.

Now, let me give you a hand for this one:

Filenaming in DarkPlaces (and thats the only correct way in handling them !) depend on what they are used for !
                EngineX from Baker will follow this standard as far as I know,because its simply the best way.

Easily spoken, if you use a .mdl model, you must put the skin for it in the "progs" folder and use the filenaming (example):
                shambler.mdl_0.tga (so the ".mdl_0" is added)

If you use a .md3 model, you must put the skin for it normaly in the "id1\textures" folder.
                I say normaly because it ONLY depends which path is tagged into the md3 model itself (this is independent from DarkPlaces !) and use the filenaming (example):
                shambler.tga (so without the ".mdl_0" is added)

Due to the fact, that I believe that the model from FredrikH is in md3 format,
                you made everything right with the skin textures by placing them into ID1\textures and leave the filename as it is.
                But you made the fundamental mistake to forget to put FredrikHīs model itself into "progs" folder
                OoPpEe only made the fury reskin (model is NOT included in his download).
                Please download FredrikHīs model from first post of that thread.

Thats why you see only the original shambler from 1996

Hope I could help you and maybe also other users with the filenaming issue.

Kind Regards,
                Seven
                Last edited by Seven; 12-08-2010, 05:54 AM.

Comment

i will give this a try when i get back home tonight. Thanks for explaining the differences on where files are supposed to go and why to rename them.

I really think we need to get a unified remodeling/retexturing/reskinning website going with all of this information. I dont think i am the only one that gets lost doing this type of stuff. Every model/texture release only seems to work with one client and you have to rename stuff and move it around to make it work in other clients. Crazy!

Right now all of this info is posted randomly in these forums. It would be nice to get a finished works website and for each "Finished Work" There is a diff download, IE> QRACK version, ENGINEX Version, DirectQ version, DP Version.

Simplify it! Most of us are not texture/client experts and do not know what the hell a TGA is and why you need to add a .MDL_0 to it to make it work.

I figured the point of making all of this pretty stuff is so other people will use it.

We need a www.quakeone.com/FinishedWorks space. With FAQ's, How Tos, and all of these cool downloads.

Comment

Hello Disco,

yes, I already put this issue on the table in Bakerīs EngineX thread and received very interesting
                    answers from our engine devs: MH, Baker, Spike, ...

klick here

That is the real reason why people have difficulties to handle different engines and their specific rules.
                    The missing standard.

Kind Regards,
                    Seven

Comment

The shambler seems popular to remodel but at this point I'd rather see the rotweiler remodeled... the UV mapping on the default one is terrible and it badly needs it.

Comment

agreed

Comment

ive been working on this shambler skin because i think the model has promise...so when i post some screens this is what i see.

little mario pumpers painted a face on my screenshot.

this is really funny and cool just like your avatar.

anyway since i see that ooppee has bumped this thread...thanks.

i feel like i should post my skin so here it is.

dowload this skin from sendspace
                          http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5rgy4
                          Last edited by seanstar; 01-23-2011, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I couldn't help myself, sorry

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              I couldn't help myself, sorry

Shoop Da Whoop!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...