Shambler High-Poly Model by Andrew Joll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoketetsu View Post
    The shambler seems popular to remodel but at this point I'd rather see the rotweiler remodeled... the UV mapping on the default one is terrible and it badly needs it.
    *Ahem*

Comment

Looks great thus far seanstar. I would however reduce the strength of the normal map. It makes each individual hair look a inch or 2 thick. Reduce it by 50%?

Comment

I believe, that the skin for this model has to be much more dirtier, darker and rough that it is now. Currently this Shambler shines in the dark like the light bulb.

Some time ago when I have found it on the interwebs, I have tweaked it to use in my Darkplaces pack. Here's the result:

I am not sure whether it's legal or not to share it with others, but if it is, I will gladly post it here.

Comment

i totally love this model, since i found it ive always been using it
          IMO its by far the best shambler model out there, true to the original and adds lot of detail

only one thing is kinda a huge shame... the fact it doesnt come with a matching headgib

and it would be totally awesome if someone could use the head from the model to make a matching headgib. cuz right now it looks totally lame that if he gibs you suddenly get the old ugly choppy headgib on the floor which looks way ugly compared to the new monster model

so so.... could someone please do that? fix up a matching headgib to go with this shambler?
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Sean,
            Could you please reup your skin from above.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
              Sean,
              Could you please reup your skin from above.
              yes, id like it too, so i can fix it up to use as second skin for usage with the new SMC multi-skin feature
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi

here is the skin...its not very good.

Andrew-shambler-skin.zip

i am working on a new version that looks more like my white furry shambler.

regards

Sean

Comment

I think you're too hard on it as it looks quite good in game Sean.

Comment

Hello! excuse me, how can I unpak the shambler file from pak3 file?

Comment

A .pk3 file is nothing else then a zip file. You can open it with winzip, 7zip, winrar aso...
                      But if you want to use it, you donīt need to do this. Just copy the .pk3 into your /id1 folder....

Comment

Originally posted by webangel View Post
                        A .pk3 file is nothing else then a zip file. You can open it with winzip, 7zip, winrar aso...
                        But if you want to use it, you donīt need to do this. Just copy the .pk3 into your /id1 folder....
                        thank you!
                        I did it!
                        plan to 3d print it...

Comment

Does anyone know if this Shambler model is a derivative work, or if is it's own baby...?

I'm looking for non-derivative models. Not to say derivative work is bad - I just need things legal for an open source project I'm working on.

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeRoot View Post
                            Does anyone know if this Shambler model is a derivative work, or if is it's own baby...?

I'm looking for non-derivative models. Not to say derivative work is bad - I just need things legal for an open source project I'm working on.
                            I like the idea you are working on this!
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              I like the idea you are working on this!
                              I'm glad dude. However it's barely out of the concept phase; and occasionally crashes back into "Concept." I'm eventually going to need help, I hope I haven't pissed off everyone to the point they wouldn't be interested.

As I don't like 'self-sabotage' - I'm going to go one step at a time, and when momentum gets rolling, let others jump on board (if they choose to).

Comment

Originally posted by roberto.bracciante View Post
                                thank you!
                                I did it!
                                plan to 3d print it...
                                I like the way you think sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X