X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello seanstar,

to answer your HUD-shader question:
    This was my dream for many many weeks.
    I always wanted a slowly spinning armor and ammo icon.
    In the end I found, that it is not possible (as far as my knowledge goes).

Reason:
    There is no brush or model behind the HUD textures.
    They are simple textures, pinned on the screen.
    Therefore you cannot add shaders (without changing the code).
    Shaders for HUD textures are fully ignored by the engine.

If someone finds out, that it DOES work, I will be the first to make the slowly spinning armor and ammo icons.

Regarding your HUD version:
    Yes, if you compare the weapon models and stuff you use, your HUD match very good.
    The only problem I personally have is, that its Doom3 and not Quake1.
    Mixing both is a thing I wouldnt do. But that is of course just a personal liking thing.
    Your graphical skills are without a doubt really good !

Best regards,
    Seven

Comment

What we really need is a high res netmenu set. Has anyone made one of these yet? Everything looks nice and clean, and then you go to the network menu, and the TCP/IP and IPX options look horrible.

Comment

Just discovered this - very cool, makes the HUD much less obtrusive.
        Nice fontography too-
        There is no Dana, only Zuul

Comment

is there a way to increase the resolution of the hud so i can seee the numbers better?
          My Avatars!
          Quake Leagues
          Quake 1.5!!!
          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Just had to make a quick post
            All the weapon icons, the turtle, quad, ring, penta, suit and ram icons are mine and they just happen to be in the QuakeBrasil eXtreme Pack v1.0
            ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

@syluxman
              hmm. i wouldnt know...
              i checked the list with cvars from darkplaces, but i couldnt find any kinda cvar to upscale the hud or such

so i dont think its possible to upscale the hud unless its scripted to do that through csqc.

if someone does know otherwise, please do correct me of course
              but afaik you cannot upscale the hud in DP without special csqc code to allow for that

EDIT:
              @ seven & seanstar
              yeah that would be totally awesomes, if you could have 3d-models on the hud and have spinning armor and such
              that would be so cool, if that could be made possible. would love to have models on hud, that would make the hud look so much more awesome

(btw random thought, we totally need to have a heart added to smiles list, so i dont have to copy and paste some heart from another site every time )
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

vid_conheight is "480" ["480"] virtual height of 2D graphics system
                vid_conwidth is "640" ["640"] virtual width of 2D graphics system

Comment

i knew someone would correct me on the hud thing

dont get why you'd like to resize it ,or even upscale it, though

i use 1920x1080 res, and i personally think the hud is actually kinda huge even at that resolution

EDIT:
                  btw thanx for those cvars web@angel. i just tried them out for fun, and i fixed the hud to be less wide.
                  i always felt it was to wide, and i just tried raising the width to 840 and that looks a lot better
                  now in the icons are the right aspect ratio and i can see names in multiplayer fully.
                  before half of names of players were outside the screen

suppose it makes perfect sense, seeing as the standard values of width and height are 640x480, which is 4x3 aspectratio.
                  and 840x480 is 16:9. kinda funny though that darkplaces doesnt automatically fix the aspectratio of the hud and menus
                  Last edited by talisa; 05-27-2012, 03:55 AM.
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

i wonder if darkplaces supports the same command lines as for example ezquake...
                    I used the following ezquake-gl.exe -conheight 240 -conwidth 320 -width 1920 -height 1200

Edit: Lol, seems this was already answered while I was uploading the image
                    ::Ruohis.com :: Total Remodeling Progress :: Monster Remodelling Project :: New Player Model ::

Comment

@Splitterface:

I saw that you use 1920*1080 and that you now uses a consize of 840*480.
                      I would recommend you to try 960*540 or 640*360 to see if the hud look even better at those resolutions.
                      It should look better as e.g. 960*540 is half your screen resolution.
                      I've tried to explain why here.
                      – Moon[Drunk]'s Quake Graphics
                      – Quake Revitalization/Retexturing Project

Comment

thanx for the tips moon[Drunk],
                        ill give it a try and see wether ill like the hud better at those settings or not moon[Drunk]

EDIT: just tried it and nah, ill keep it at 840x480, at 960x540 its to small and to much detail of the item on hud gets lost
                        and at 640x360 the hud is way to big instead

thanx anyway for the tip moon[Drunk] , but i prefer my hud at how i had it now
                        Last edited by talisa; 05-27-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X