No announcement yet.

Moving High Res Skies for DarkPlaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get the seam issue worked out bluntz please share that sky, it looks great.

Comment

I am very sure bluntz will share his nice sky with us

Very good looking sky-texture bluntz !

Interesting to see your textures shape.
      It is only half of the width, but the lenght is the same.
      Did you try a square shaped texture ?

The regular sky textures have this square shape (I marked the borders in green):

Comment

Got the alignment issues sorted out.
        @Seven
        Hmm actually no as they are not really Generated textures at all, they are Hubble images.It is a lot harder for me to get a picture to tile seamless.I am achieving it by folding it back around itself so it ends up 1/2 size.
        What I had originally had in mind I was informed by LH was not possible.
        So I have something a bit different in mind to increase the resolution by an order of 10,I will not be able to have upper sky scroll though but the lower scroll will not have to tile so may make up for its loss.
        It will be a little heavy on gpu however.
        Last edited by bluntz; 05-08-2012, 12:54 PM.
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMEVAL View Post
          That's what I did, haven't done it any other way, yet they don't work
          QRP has some Sky textures in them you may be getting conflicts.
          WARNING
          Stress Relief Device
          ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Primeval,
            I can confirm that what bluntz says is true as I was having the same issue. Go to the QRP pk3 open it and delete all of the sky textures in the main folder and the e1m1 folder and then you'll be set!

Comment

Thank you bluntz and gdiddy62! It worked
              Soundtracks and Instrumentals
              MyMusic | Youtube

Comment

It was bluntz that did it, I just verified it. Glad it worked for you.

Comment

I am not totally happy with these but just in case I screw them up I will post these for now if anyone wants them.As they are now the lower frame is a bit too light for my taste.
                  sky4.tga
                  sky1.tga
                  WARNING
                  Stress Relief Device
                  ....BANG HEAD HERE....

Comment

Will look at them at lunch bluntz...thanks!

Comment

How do I use this...I don't have a textures folder in ID1 directory! I just extracted it in the ID1 folder anyways but nothing happens! Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

If you don't have a textures folder in ID1 simply create one within ID1 and place the skies in there (new textures folder). It will also depend on what engine you are using. For the best effects use Darkplaces. It is an engine that requires some horsepower however.

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                          If you don't have a textures folder in ID1 simply create one within ID1 and place the skies in there (new textures folder). It will also depend on what engine you are using. For the best effects use Darkplaces. It is an engine that requires some horsepower however.
                          I did create a textures folder and placed the 2 .tga files in there...but I loaded up the start map and the sky still looks the same!

And I am using Darkplaces with Rygel Ultra textures...and dont worry about horsepower, I got enough!

Comment

Then there must be skiy textures within rygel's that are interfering. I don't use rygel's textures anymore I use QRP and I can't remember what is in there. Check within the rygel pk3 and delete skies within that if there are any.

Comment

Originally posted by gdiddy62 View Post
                              Then there must be skiy textures within rygel's that are interfering. I don't use rygel's textures anymore I use QRP and I can't remember what is in there. Check within the rygel pk3 and delete skies within that if there are any.
                              I just realized uptil now I was using both QRP and Rygel textures....does it look good enough with QRP only? Cuz I was just testing and with Rygel some parts are extremely dark, as if the textures are missing but they provide great lighting. Whereas, with QRP+normal map, everything is bright and the textures are great but there is no dynamic lighting.

Comment

Your question really boils down to personal taste. Yes, it looks awesome with QRP although you will still have to delete some sky files from individual maps. If you have both texture packs remove one and see which you like the most, but don't use both or you'll have multiple issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X