Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC Zvyozdochka
    replied
    Wow, my dream came true! I do want to play DoE (first time since 2002) with this glowing beauties!

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Looks Great! Excellent work!

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    I reduced the rate and the expansion of the glow.
    Now it has 3x more frames and the cracks of the SLG glows too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlhNXdj3d_E]Lavagun_Test2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Originally posted by FC Zvyozdochka View Post
    I have a crazy idea - is it possible to make soft switch between original and lava textures? For example, when "5" digit is typed second time then heating process are seen. Could such shader be created?
    I've had this very idea for awhile. The only issues I know one could run into:
    1) Weapon switching. I am not sure how DP starts shaders. Like once activated, they run forever in the background - if it does:
    Pull out the Lava NG, it starts to get bright in glowing. Switch away and switch back and it could still be a full glow, half way or even at the start.
    2) Looping, I don't know of a way to stop a effect from looping. So we could have it get brighter, but once it hits the last frame - it will restart (suddenly go back to the standard NG skin and heat up again).

So if we can make it always restart when the weapon is pulled out and not loop - then we are set
    Of course there's one issue, switching from the Lava NG to standard NG will just have it instantly be cooled down. Would need some mod coding to add that effect in.

Leave a comment:

• gdiddy62
    replied
    Nice idea and implementation Webangel. A lower rate will make it supreme IMO.

Leave a comment:

• FC Zvyozdochka
    replied
    Webangel, that's awesome!

I agree with both Blodshot and OoPpEe - some more frames are needed, and slower rate would be better.
    But your idea with heat expandation on the barrels is very cool in my opinion. And I think it would be much more beautiful if cracks on Super Nailgun barrels will glow brighter and more yellowish when heat is expanded at its maximum.

I have a crazy idea - is it possible to make soft switch between original and lava textures? For example, when "5" digit is typed second time then heating process are seen. Could such shader be created?
    Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Could be 255 frames if wanted

Looks good, my only thing is it looks like it's heating up and cooling off at a rapid rate. I would leave the areas lit up as they are (doesn't expand on the barrels) and make areas go brighter and/or change color (yellow/orange/red) and/or brightness.

Leave a comment:

• Bloodshot
    replied
    That's actually pretty cool. You can't add more frames to the pulsing can you?

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Hello,
    I've tried something with the Lavaguns:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkDZOui94Qk]Lavaguns.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPelRP7RTI]lavaguns.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• monsta
    replied
    wow. so many goodies! much appreciated guys! i'm finding myself spending more time beautifying my quake than actually playing it. but hey, playing can wait. i waited 15 years for this to happen so i guess i can wait for some time more.

thanks again for your efforts!

@ Seven
    it just so happen that i have some of the stuff you mentioned. i'll look into the ones i've missed. thank you for that. but you know what? i guess it's better that i had only recently discovered this Quake resurrection community, because most of the best works have come out in the last 2 years. i can only imagine what you guys will be able to make in the future--when you get better and better at it.
    Last edited by monsta; 06-10-2011, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Damn. I have corrected this once!
    Oh - wait - just the wrong picture! sorry!

Last edited by webangel; 06-10-2011, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Thanks Seven, link updated in first post.

Also webangel - your Nailgun still has that one bug with the texture I mentione before The indented area on the barrels in the middle. It gets brighter towards the back of the model instead of the front. You don't need to edit anything aside from flipping that part of the texture

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello monsta,

I can see from the threads you are posting in, that you took your time and went through most of the ones in the "Quake Mod Releases" subforum.
    That is a good thing. Many jewels lare lying burried on older pages.
    Unfortunately most of the time, their links are dead, but I am sure that some people still have it on their hdd.

Anyhow, I would like to say something:
    You already mentioned ooppee and webangel. But there is at least one more name that should be mentioned in the context of new-age (of course there are many many more, who made magical things a few years back !) texturers: kingennio.
    Because of the fact you say, that you like Plague´s weapons. kingennio made amazing texture rework and added advanced textures specialy for DP: here
    You will see more work from him in that thread (very nice powerups and things).
    kingennio also made a great rework of Ruohis weapons for Mission Pack 2 based on skins from ooppee / webangel.
    Please find them here

And there is osjclatchford of course, his heart beats for the older mod weapons. He created a thread about these here, bringing them back to new glory.

Then there is also a guy called _KaszpiR_, who made wonderful reworkes of the Plague´s weapons as well. He calls them "Steel" versions. Please find the 5 weapons here

The weapons I personally use are a mix from various artists that I reworked to make them match my liking. Some screens are in this thread.

Because of the fact, that I believe you might like some of them (cause some are from Plague), I sent you a PM with the link to all of them (ID1 & MP2). Please read it for more details.

Now hat we talked about weapons, be sure that you also look around for world textures.
    There is one name that you cannot miss in that context: QRP Team (still active: Moon[Drunk] & My-Key).

If you have questions, feel free to ask. There are wonderful people here in this forum.

Kind regards,
    Seven

PS: I almost forgot: This is the Lava-SuperNailgun weapon reuploaded from this thread.
    OoPpEe, if you accidentialy read this post, please add the link in 1st post.
    It has slightly edited textures, because I still use this dragon in my Quake.
    I guess most of the people will not notice it. I love this gun. DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by Seven; 06-10-2011, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    OT:
    Reupload of my Nailgun - just 4 U monsta

uploaded.to - where your files have to be uploaded to

/OT

I have a copy of this SNG somewhere. I have to look for.... :-)

Edit:
    Repaced the wrong pic
    Last edited by webangel; 06-10-2011, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• monsta
    replied
    hi Seven!

thanks for the kind reply. you are right about webangel's works being outstanding, in fact i am trying to hunt them down all over the threads. but then there are also stuff from OoPpEe's that i absolutely want to have--this particular super nailgun skin in particular. i'm kind of combining the best weapons from the works of these 2 modders.

i'm sorry but i have never had the chance to use Rouhis/Rygels weapons for ID1. i'm using Plague's mostly for ID1, and i don't really have a choice on the matter of MP weapons since most works were based off on Rouhis' models. not that i don't like his models. it's just that i like the geometric feel to Plague's weapons. in fact, i wish that OoPpEe or webangel would also consider skinning them for the mission packs.

hey, don't worry about talking too much. i don't really subscribe to the TLDR (too long, didn't read) mentality of people on the internet nowadays.

thanks for your help, Seven!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X