Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I've tried something with the Lavaguns:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkDZOui94Qk]Lavaguns.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPelRP7RTI]lavaguns.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
    What do you think?

Comment

That's actually pretty cool. You can't add more frames to the pulsing can you?

Comment

Could be 255 frames if wanted

Looks good, my only thing is it looks like it's heating up and cooling off at a rapid rate. I would leave the areas lit up as they are (doesn't expand on the barrels) and make areas go brighter and/or change color (yellow/orange/red) and/or brightness.

Comment

Webangel, that's awesome!

I agree with both Blodshot and OoPpEe - some more frames are needed, and slower rate would be better.
          But your idea with heat expandation on the barrels is very cool in my opinion. And I think it would be much more beautiful if cracks on Super Nailgun barrels will glow brighter and more yellowish when heat is expanded at its maximum.

I have a crazy idea - is it possible to make soft switch between original and lava textures? For example, when "5" digit is typed second time then heating process are seen. Could such shader be created?
          Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Nice idea and implementation Webangel. A lower rate will make it supreme IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FC Zvyozdochka View Post
              I have a crazy idea - is it possible to make soft switch between original and lava textures? For example, when "5" digit is typed second time then heating process are seen. Could such shader be created?
              I've had this very idea for awhile. The only issues I know one could run into:
              1) Weapon switching. I am not sure how DP starts shaders. Like once activated, they run forever in the background - if it does:
              Pull out the Lava NG, it starts to get bright in glowing. Switch away and switch back and it could still be a full glow, half way or even at the start.
              2) Looping, I don't know of a way to stop a effect from looping. So we could have it get brighter, but once it hits the last frame - it will restart (suddenly go back to the standard NG skin and heat up again).

So if we can make it always restart when the weapon is pulled out and not loop - then we are set
              Of course there's one issue, switching from the Lava NG to standard NG will just have it instantly be cooled down. Would need some mod coding to add that effect in.

Comment

I reduced the rate and the expansion of the glow.
                Now it has 3x more frames and the cracks of the SLG glows too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlhNXdj3d_E]Lavagun_Test2.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Looks Great! Excellent work!

Comment

Wow, my dream came true! I do want to play DoE (first time since 2002) with this glowing beauties!

Comment

Release of the animated Lava Guns

Ok! I had to correct some bugs on the barrel of the normal lava-gun.
                      Now here are the animated beauties. I hope you like it.

webAngel_Animated_Weapons.zip - 23.9 MB

Just extract the .pk3 to your \rogue folder!!
                      Last edited by webangel; 09-15-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Nice! Will check these out asap.
                          Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

Thank you, webangel, you rock!

Comment

I forgot to add the glowing cracks for the SLG.
                              Here is the updated version:
                              http://ul.to/4m6mxb9a
                              Sorry!
                              Last edited by webangel; 09-16-2011, 06:19 AM. Reason: :-)

Comment

Anyone tried it?

Comment

Working...
                                X