Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP2 Fix for DarkPlaces - Plasma Launcher Not Firing Properly - UPDATED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP2 Fix for DarkPlaces - Plasma Launcher Not Firing Properly - UPDATED!!!

Version 3 is ready.
    Seven pointed out a bug that was present with the original nails. The projectiles would spawn in the middle of the screen and NOT the barrel of the gun. This would look visually odd if you fired the gun upward. To get a idea of what I mean - play Quake 1 with no patches, now bring out the nailgun and fire straight upward and look where the nails came from. The same happened with the Plasmagun - fixed now.

Version 3 - Quaketastic Download

Old Versions
    Version 2 is ready
    Same fix, but now the first person view model of the Plasmagun will now ANIMATE. Huge thanks to mk and Dr. Shadowborg from inside3d.com for guiding me in the right direction.
    That's the overall update. First person model will animate instead of just sitting there doing nothing. A simple but nice update.

This update isn't just for Darkplaces users anymore. The original (old version below) only fixed the issue of the Plasmagun projectile not moving upon fired in Darkplaces. This still has that fix but like mentioned above - gives the weapon a fire animation instead of sitting idle. This would also fix that in engines like QRack, Tenebrae ect. The firing fix won't effect non-dp users (be noticeable) as I simply fixed the code so it functions completely the same.

Also seanstar - I know you'll get a use out of this update

Version 2 (Animation fix and Non-moving Projectile Fix)
    QuakeTastic Download
    Version 1 (Leaves first person model idle)
    QuakeTastic Download

Also be sure to check out the Mission Pack 2 Weapons Pack (Which includes this update also):
    Found Here
    And Mission Pack 1 Weapons Pack:
    Found Here
    Last edited by LambentHammerBurst; 12-19-2010, 01:58 PM.

hi ooppee,
    that fix did it for me. no promlems any more.
    i use the current beta!

Comment

Hello ooppee,

Thank you. It works.
      Even simple little things are very hard to find sometimes.

May I implement it into my small compilation ?
      People, who already use it would be happy if it includes your fix I guess.

Please advice.

Kind Regards,
      Seven

Comment

thanks for this fix, will try it asap when i get back to my computer. i just don"t understand why this bug is so random... you know, there is no rule. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. i guess, there must me some additional factor which interferes. i encountered this bug mostly when i fired while moving, but only occasionally when i fired while standing still. weird...
        my projects so far:

Travail retextured ___/___ Knave HD textures
        Tronyn in high definiton ___/___Abyss of Pandemonium HD textures
        Nehahra rtlights and other experiments

Comment

Of course
          All can use this as it's a fix until Darkplaces gets patched. I know you use a different build than I. I use newest so that's 2 versions it works on.

My only concern about this "fix" is the few times it did work on the old code - if it will now go at a insane speed rarely.

Comment

jakub let us know if it works for you. If it does then we are 5/5 (me, Seven, webangel, my other VERY low end PC and maybe you).
            The glitch appeared to of been angle related. I could fire it standing still. If I got the right angle I could fire it, so long as I didnt move my mouse or player - I could fire the weapon non-stop and it would work. However why changing the velocity worked - I don't know but not going to complain - it's working now.
            I also did send off a email to LordHavok telling him of the error (again) and informing him as to what caused it and what fixed it. So if he was to patch it - he knows what is now causing it.

Also added a QuakeTastic mirror.

Comment

tested, and works like a charm. thanks again. as for the other bugs in custom engines, the problem is that there are too many mods. in the past, i sent some information to lord havoc about the darkplaces bugs (items falling throught movable platforms and stuff), but think you can simply create two new bugs by fixing one old.
              -
              bughunt never ends....
              Last edited by jakub1; 11-30-2010, 02:00 AM.
              my projects so far:

Comment

There is never a bug free game. They all have them - if someone says they have a bug free game, send it to me. I can guarantee I will find one within the first 6hrs.

Yeah it would be impossible for Havok to fix bugs for every mod out there without having to completely rewrite his engine from the start and removing alot of the features.
                However, I did think he would fix the issues for the popular and official mods. So fixing bugs for Team Fortress, the 2 official Mission Packs and the other retail unofficial mission packs.

This bug should be easy for him to fix, even if it's just a code replacement (find the old code, replace with mine) that's activated by playing Darkplaces with the "-game rogue" command.

Comment

perfect game for jakub

example of bug-less game: deus ex. there are no bugs in deus ex, only gameplay features :-)
                  -
                  just kidding... bugs are everywhere. it's o.k., as long as there aren't too many of them. i just remember; pearl jam has nice song about bugs. it could be a hymn of all the coders and testers.
                  my projects so far:

Comment

Anyone else give it a test? So far it's been 100%.
                    Perhaps this could be stickied so the fix doesn't get lost?
                    Also in the first post I made a mirror to the download (as old got broken):
                    http://www.quaketastic.com/upload/fi...maLauncher.zip

Comment

it works fine for me ooppee, thanks.
                      BTW I've made a pack by the name of weapons-hipnotic-[ooppee].pk3 that contains your weapons models for hipnotic, and a weapons-rogue-[ooppee].pk3 with the same purpose which contains also the ammo boxes made by webangel and myself. These are just drop-in-the-folder packs and I can post them if you like. Let me know.

Comment

Have no issues with any of my content being distributed - just as long as credit is given. It would be nice to see a semi-completed (some weapons are not done) pk3 for the mission packs.

Comment

See first post - this patch has been updated to now include the Plasmagun to have animation when firing!

Comment

Hi ooppee, is it possible to combine your prog.dat with seven's nailgunfix+newfire+steps for the mission packs in one single prog. As far as I know there can be only one prog, right?

Comment

Correct
                              I've included the edited qc files and have them commented. I already sent Seven a email about this. As I've only edited 2 areas, it would be a quick job.

Seven did give me his source code so I can take a look at it to see if I can fix the issue with the sticking in walls issue and all. Am still looking at (I was actually more focused on the animation with Plasmagun first as it was more of a annoyance for me).
                              If I get it going (and have permission from Seven) - when the wall glitch is fixed - I will apply this fix also to it and release.

[Edit]
                              I fixed the issue Seven was having with the Hellknight and Scrag's projectiles sticking in walls. Also no one mentioned Chthon's lavaball also did
                              I sent it off to him, the source I gave him also included my animation fix here. As he may have further QC edits in mind - I will let him release it.

Comment

Working...
                              X